General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parking Problems - Aggressive Neighbour. UPDATED! HAHA

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't bother with the police there fucking shite. I have had this problem for years and when I could get a disabled bay I did and now peeople park there when they don't need to just to prove there arrogance. When I call the police they always come out about 2 days later to see what my problem was. Next time I will tell them I have stabbed the person who has parked there.
Old 26-03-2007, 02:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

get friendly with the local parking warden you know there will ALWAYS be a car to ticket and he'll possibly win a corsa too
Old 26-03-2007, 02:11 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Shings
what a fuckin liberty...

Its not even anywhere near his house.

If that was round here or I had similar problems my mate would come and remove the car and dispose of it for me.

As for a legal remedy- QUite simply I think the general agreement is to find out who owns the parking spaces and either buy them off the person or arrange for them to put private parking signs up and employ a clamping team.

If you buy the land off the owner you could then put up a steel post. Only issue it potential damage to the steel post- But if you positioned it in a way that if the post was damaged and couldn't be released you could still manouver out of the spot that would be ok.

In my experience of confrontations with people (check me out badd boy for life) mostly when people threaten stuff they generally dont carry out their threats..

As for slightly more dubious options- the world is your oyster...
I'm quite near brum mate....does your friend want a brand new Mr2 or a Mercedes?
Old 26-03-2007, 03:59 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

This guy sounds like a right tit especially when you look at the photo. Surely the police can nipover and have it a word, have you rang the local department at all to ask? I have familly who had someone parking in their driveway slope blocking access and when asked nicely about it they replied with "fuck off" only to keep doing it. A phone to the police and it was sorted and this would stop most people.

Ok so it was over the road and 1 households drive but still the google picture you posted surely shows what this guy is doing is far worse as its nothing to do with him or his property, surely the police would see that hes taking the piss too.

That would be the first step then if not do as others have suggested and contact whos responsible for the parking and get a sign up with a view to contacting the police further or clamping, get together with the other residents and ask if they approve then put the sign up. How many spaces per house are there for you each? Can't you agree to have certain ones all the time then put cones or something bigger in your spaces to let the guy know its yours when you're out? Obviously as hes a twat he may move them but then this is just first steps. Do the other houses have the problem with him and their spaces or just you?

Getting the neighbours to get involved other than sticking to agreed spaces may be hard as sadly most people just want the easy road and don't want to be part of it for fear of trouble.

Finally if you can't sort it going through the correct channels and don't want to sort him out or argue then just put a cheap cctv kit on your car only then let his tyres down, all of them, this will piss him off but without damage to his property and make him retaliate when you're in the space next, then you have it on camara, take it to the police or show him it and say you're keeping it and tell him to back off. Job done.

Good luck anyway...
Old 26-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send him a letter via your Solicitor asking him to refrain from parking in your allocated parking space. He's bound to re-act and say he's been parking there for years, etc ......then request back rent and due rent for your parking space
Old 26-03-2007, 05:08 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just have a chat with him first and explain its legally your spot and your circumstances have changed so you need the space. He'll probably then just nick someone elses instead.

If you dont get any luck doing it properly and legally, then id just buy a Ł50 shitter and keep it there all the time (if its private land then it wont even need T&T will it?) I know you still wont actually see beneift from the space but it least it stops the nob head parking there.
Old 26-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
what a fuckin liberty...

Its not even anywhere near his house.

If that was round here or I had similar problems my mate would come and remove the car and dispose of it for me.

As for a legal remedy- QUite simply I think the general agreement is to find out who owns the parking spaces and either buy them off the person or arrange for them to put private parking signs up and employ a clamping team.

If you buy the land off the owner you could then put up a steel post. Only issue it potential damage to the steel post- But if you positioned it in a way that if the post was damaged and couldn't be released you could still manouver out of the spot that would be ok.

In my experience of confrontations with people (check me out badd boy for life) mostly when people threaten stuff they generally dont carry out their threats..

As for slightly more dubious options- the world is your oyster...
I'm quite near brum mate....does your friend want a brand new Mr2 or a Mercedes?
Dont tempt him... is all I can say...

But the next shitter he gets on the back if you want it "delivered" to your parking space- as long as its not too far from where we are I am sure it could be arranged for the price of the diesel and a bit of his time.. lol

Jake
Old 26-03-2007, 06:26 PM
FasterFords
Advanced PassionFord User

Park your car in front of his driveway and see if he likes it.
Old 26-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Had a similar problem when the missus was at Uni in Cheltenham. I went up to see her and parked outside their house and their neighbour came round and banged on the door demanding I move my car from his spot. Needless to say he got told off and when he thretened to move it for me I pointed out how unwise that would be. Prick
Old 26-03-2007, 07:40 PM
dojj

i've seen the pic, it looks fairly obvious that it's private, get someone to tow it away the next time he parks there
and the next
and the next

if it's anything like round my way where scrap men will come at the drop of a hat he'll soon have his cars weighed in

it's only illegal if you tell the scrap man that you are phoning
Old 26-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OF course no one has actually thought about the other thing.....

Maybe he owns the land and sold the land to the developer and retained rights to park WHERE THE FUCK HE LIKES or there'll be trouble.

Or maybe..

He's been watching the Business- and they're will be trouble..
Old 26-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Ring the cops and tell them some little oik has dumped his car infront of your house and its blocking residents in
Old 26-03-2007, 08:03 PM
dojj

phnoe arnie, tell him to send in the tropps, get the guys house torched, job done

then stand outside wagging your finger at him saying "see? told you not to park in my bay"
Old 26-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Jamz

I had the same problem at my old house, in the end I asked my solicitor to send him a letter telling him to fook off which he did.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:29 PM
It's Czech Mate

OF course no one has actually thought about the other thing.....

Maybe he owns the land and sold the land to the developer and retained rights to park WHERE THE FUCK HE LIKES or there'll be trouble.

Or maybe..

He's been watching the Business- and they're will be trouble..
Lol definitely not..i checked my deed tonight

Old 27-03-2007, 12:21 AM
KregRS

I'm having a similar dispute with one of my neighbours. Live in a cul-de-sac, each house has garage and parking in front of garage, then there are some 'communal' spaces as well. Bloke opposite has taken it upon himself to lay claim to one of the spaces and marked it with his house number. Spoke to my landlord who confirmed the spaces are communal so while I'm recovering from op and cant drive my car has been parked in his 'claimed' space, it was the only one available when I parked the car. Tonight I had his landlord at my door, demanding I move my car so his tenant could park! Tried explaining I cant move the car as cant drive and he replied tough! Its really fooked me off that a) his landlord demanded I move my car, b) why does this coont think he got the right to dictate where I can park, and c) why couldn't his tenant have come and asked me himself.
Old 27-03-2007, 06:10 PM
dojj

ain't you both got the same landlord?

and, more importantly, did you tell him to get fucked

i'm sure i'm not the only one who is sick to death of people who "assume" that a parking space is there when it fucking well ain't same with the cunt who lives next door to my house parking in his disabled bay AND parking his other motor outside my house so BOTH cars overhang the driveway and no fucker can get in lets see how fucking cocky he is when i move in and start parking my van next to his motor

it's not like he's not got enough space on his drive to park the car, or in the back garden bceause you can probably park 10 cars in the back i think telling the new neighbours that things are wrong from the off will make sure they stop taking the piss, and in both cases mentioned (the guy who lives across the road and the guy who painted his number on the parking sapce) should have had this explained ot them the moment they stepped outside of what was acceptable
Old 27-03-2007, 06:11 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by dojj
same with the cunt who lives next door to my house parking in his disabled bay AND parking his other motor outside my house so BOTH cars overhang the driveway and no fucker can get in lets see how fucking cocky he is when i move in and start parking my van next to his motor
and before you start winging, no, i'm not going to be blocking his car thats parked in the disabled bay, it's the other one
Old 20-04-2007, 10:03 AM
It's Czech Mate

Have just been told by my fiancee that the No Unauthorised Parking - Clamping in force Signs are being errected as i type!

And the workmen had to get the prat to move his car so they could do it, so he knows they're there!

I'm sure he's going to give me grief about it but now I have the law...and a private clamping company on my side! I never expected it to be resolved so fast.

I'm a happy man today!
Old 20-04-2007, 10:20 AM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

well done!

i had a neighbour park their parents car where my girlfriend normally parks, outside our old house, for 4 weeks while they went on holiday
Old 20-04-2007, 10:21 AM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

well done mate, hope the cunt finally sees sense and parks somewhere else or even better, gets clamped
Old 20-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Excellent That'll stop him
Old 20-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice one m8!!
Old 20-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

result
Old 20-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Spot diddly on now go and park on his drive lol
Old 20-04-2007, 11:40 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

its a nice example of how to get things resolved without fists flying! nice one!
Old 20-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

let us know when you get the fucker, and get a pic
Old 20-04-2007, 12:19 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Excellent

When you said 'the house opposite' I didn't realise his house was actually so far away, no way is it 'his' spot!

Thats the only thing I was going to suggest, do a copy of the deeds where it states it is communal parking for the semis.

Sorted now hopefully - only other thing was parking on the road next to his driveway so as to obstruct the view when people trying to pull out, wouldn't have had to park there if he wasn't in 'your' spot

Z
Old 21-04-2007, 05:08 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Wazzzer
let us know when you get the fucker, and get a pic