General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parking Problems - Aggressive Neighbour. UPDATED! HAHA

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2007, 09:46 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Parking Problems - Aggressive Neighbour. UPDATED! HAHA

Parking Problems :-(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a problem. My house is a semi, part of a set of 8 ( four blocks of semis ) set back off a main road with a single entrance point off the main road, each house has a driveway ( single width, two cars long ) and a communal area between the end of the drive and the pavement.

This is marked into parking bays with nice little kerbing and bits of garden etc. The houses are mostly rented apart form mine and another of the neighbours. On the deeds to my house the communal parking appears as privately owned property ( owned by the developers ) and my deeds say there is communal access between all the semi's. Fair enough and we all get along famously and parking is no problem.

However. On the OPPOSITE side of the main road is a family with three cars, a drive and a garage who insist on parking in the bay outside my house! Now i have lived on my own for a while and never let it bother me too much but i recently got engaged and my fiancee has moved in. So i want to use the bay i have access to ( and rights to use as stated on the deeds to my house ).

I have used it for the last week or so as i have been off work and able to park in in during the daytime, thus meaning the family opposite cant use it. I got home from work on firday night and the father from said house comes storming over the road asking me why I'm parking in his sopt, and telling me if I continue to do so I will ' Have problems ' now I found this fairly intimidatory but I stood my ground, told him the parkingspace was communal access to the houses on my side of the road and on private property, so he has no rights to park there.

He was unhappy with this shouted his mouth of a bit and continued to tell me I was going to have problems. I told him I intended to use the bay and unless he was threatening me then I wouldnt be having any problems.
However now, as u might guess, every time I go out they move one of their cars into the bay, what can I do to solve my problem. There are currently no private parking signs up so theres no chance of clamping AFAIK.

What is the best course of action to pursue to fix this problem? He wont reason about it and I have spoken to some of the longer residing neighbours and they all tell me they've had various run ins with him over the years so I don’t think we'll be able to come to any reasonable solution. And to be honest I want to stand up to him anyway, i dont like people attempting to intimidate me on my own property!
Old 26-03-2007, 09:49 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

when he next goes out, hire a skip

Old 26-03-2007, 09:53 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gingeRS

Simple and effective

You could investigate costs for buying one of the bays and then you can mark it off with a security pole to prevent other people parking there. At least you would have a designated space for parking.

Cheers

Matt
Old 26-03-2007, 09:56 AM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by gingeRS

have you seen the price of skips these days?
be cheaper to buy a shitter car with mot and tax and park it there
Old 26-03-2007, 10:03 AM
It's Czech Mate

If it was only my space i would, but its communal for all the houses in the block, and the idea is for me to be able to use it lol

I think the only solution is to get the landowner to put up private parking signs? Then we can get some clamping on the go?
Old 26-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

just burn the next car thats parked there by him out,petrol and a match,no witness's,dont tell anyone,just do it,you may find he wont mess with you in the future and if he does just burn another car.
Old 26-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

buy your own clamp and charge him a Ł5000 release fee!
Old 26-03-2007, 10:23 AM
mad_on_Series_one
toodle pip !

is there no way to block him in

i have a similar problem as i live in corner plot and my drive way is right on the corner so the amount of people blocking my drive is

i block them in and then they come grovling(spelling) and i make em wait till i'm ready then give them around of f**ks. they soon get the message!!

hope it works out for you
Old 26-03-2007, 10:24 AM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

or just kick the cunt in the bolloxs and tell him to fuck off
Old 26-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you can prove the space is yours phone the police and get them to have a word
Old 26-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
If you can prove the space is yours phone the police and get them to have a word
He cant, its NOT "his" it is a communal one that this guy shouldnt be using.

The police wont get involved over that, as its not a crime, clamping is the answer without a doubt if he can get the landowner to agree
Old 26-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

or just keep breakin the windows lol
Old 26-03-2007, 10:43 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This isnt so easy as you might think. Where I have dealt with this kind of situation before, the developer may well wash his hands of it.

Can you do me a favour and actually type the deed clause that refers to the space in word for word. In my experience, there is a problem with interpretation with shared parking provisions.

If you prefer - PM it to me

JJ
Old 26-03-2007, 10:47 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
He cant, its NOT "his" it is a communal one that this guy shouldnt be using.

The police wont get involved over that, as its not a crime, clamping is the answer without a doubt if he can get the landowner to agree
Thanks for that Technically it is a crime still as its only communal for us in that plot of land, not the scrubby cunts from the other side of the world but i'm 100% sure the police wont give a fuck anyway

The solution i want is one that is a final solution the minute it happens, ie I dont want ongoing conflict because it would make my fiancee worry too much and she wount settle well in the house. I keep getting angry about the way he tried to intimidate me and i half wish i'd have twatted him but i know i need to be a bit smarter if i'm going to relove it and get the outcome i want.

I think signage and clamping is going to be the way forward. More hassle to orgainise
Old 26-03-2007, 10:49 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
This isnt so easy as you might think. Where I have dealt with this kind of situation before, the developer may well wash his hands of it.

Can you do me a favour and actually type the deed clause that refers to the space in word for word. In my experience, there is a problem with interpretation with shared parking provisions.

JJ
I will have to PM it you tonight if thats ok

I'm, not sure interpretation is going to be an issue, i dont have a problem with anyone else from our plot of houses using it, its the fact he lives off the development on the other side of the main road, there is no way he has a legal right to park there AFAIK. Hopefully the clause will make it clear

Thanks for your help
Old 26-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cut the fuckers valves off his tyres as a start if he still does it buy a shit 30quid minter and drive it into his car whilst its there(oops i hit it whilst manovering around) he has a claim and cant do shit if on private land
Old 26-03-2007, 10:53 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Re: Parking Problems - Aggressive Neighbour. Any legal ide

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a problem. <snip> The houses are mostly rented apart form mine and another of the neighbours. On the deeds to my house the communal parking appears as privately owned property ( owned by the developers ) and my deeds say there is communal access between all the semi's. Fair enough and we all get along famously and parking is no problem. However. On the OPPOSITE side of the main road is a family with three cars, a drive and a garage who insist on parking in the bay outside my house! <snip> the father from said house comes storming over the road asking me why I'm parking in his sopt, and telling me if I continue to do so I will ' Have problems '. <snip> What is the best course of action to pursue to fix this problem? He wont reason about it and I have spoken to some of the longer residing neighbours and they all tell me they've had various run ins with him over the years so I don’t think we'll be able to come to any reasonable solution. And to be honest I want to stand up to him anyway, i dont like people attempting to intimidate me on my own property!
if he's renting get him evicted
simple
speak to the landlord and explain the situation about them geting aggresive when confronted
you can always turn them into visitors parking which can lead to "intresting" disputes too
alternativly, buy a snotter and park it in front of his house
Old 26-03-2007, 10:57 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by dojj

I have a problem. <snip> The houses are mostly rented apart form mine and another of the neighbours. On the deeds to my house the communal parking appears as privately owned property ( owned by the developers ) and my deeds say there is communal access between all the semi's. Fair enough and we all get along famously and parking is no problem. However. On the OPPOSITE side of the main road is a family with three cars, a drive and a garage who insist on parking in the bay outside my house! <snip> the father from said house comes storming over the road asking me why I'm parking in his sopt, and telling me if I continue to do so I will ' Have problems '. <snip> What is the best course of action to pursue to fix this problem? He wont reason about it and I have spoken to some of the longer residing neighbours and they all tell me they've had various run ins with him over the years so I don’t think we'll be able to come to any reasonable solution. And to be honest I want to stand up to him anyway, i dont like people attempting to intimidate me on my own property!
if he's renting get him evicted
simple
speak to the landlord and explain the situation about them geting aggresive when confronted
you can always turn them into visitors parking which can lead to "intresting" disputes too
alternativly, buy a snotter and park it in front of his house
I dont think you're getting me...he owns his house, he isn't on my development, he lives on the other side of a main road. Its not an issue with communal parking with neighbours on my development, thats fine, he just shouldnt be there at all

An interesting point was raised before, is it true his insurance would be invalid parked there?
Old 26-03-2007, 11:02 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

JJ

I'm, not sure interpretation is going to be an issue, i dont have a problem with anyone else from our plot of houses using it, its the fact he lives off the development on the other side of the main road, there is no way he has a legal right to park there AFAIK. Hopefully the clause will make it clear

Thanks for your help
No probs matey - I will keep an eye out for it. I have dealt with a couple recently where the wording hasnt quite been careful enough, and the interpretation has been that it can be any person that can use a space. I am sure that this is not the case, but it may be worth finding out.

also, you need to establish who is maintaining the space - ie who pays to have it resurfaced. This is usually the best trace to control. It is unusual for the developer to retain ownership of such spaces, as they usually then have to maintain them. the exception is if they have a vested interest (ie small investor and living nearby/ further development options).

Who is the developer? Again, PM me if you prefer, and I will advise as best as you can.

If it is owned byt the Development, then with the mutual consent of the other residents, then you may operate a clamping system. Be aware that you cant just buy a clamp these days - you need proper signage, and if I recall you now need to be registered. Better to employ a clamping agency. There are very specific rules on clamping, else you may find yourself with a knackered clamp and a further dispute!

If the interpretation is sound, then the best way to deal is to have a Solicitors letter drafted with your intention to pursue further if they continue to use the space. This usually scares off most 'reasonable' people.

If he still writes in crayon, a different approach may be required.

JJ
Old 26-03-2007, 11:04 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

An interesting point was raised before, is it true his insurance would be invalid parked there?
In a word - no.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:04 AM
It's Czech Mate

JJ

Thanks for your help
No probs matey - I will keep an eye out for it. I have dealt with a couple recently where the wording hasnt quite been careful enough, and the interpretation has been that it can be any person that can use a space. I am sure that this is not the case, but it may be worth finding out.

also, you need to establish who is maintaining the space - ie who pays to have it resurfaced. This is usually the best trace to control. It is unusual for the developer to retain ownership of such spaces, as they usually then have to maintain them. the exception is if they have a vested interest (ie small investor and living nearby/ further development options).

Who is the developer? Again, PM me if you prefer, and I will advise as best as you can.

If it is owned byt the Development, then with the mutual consent of the other residents, then you may operate a clamping system. Be aware that you cant just buy a clamp these days - you need proper signage, and if I recall you now need to be registered. Better to employ a clamping agency. There are very specific rules on clamping, else you may find yourself with a knackered clamp and a further dispute!

If the interpretation is sound, then the best way to deal is to have a Solicitors letter drafted with your intention to pursue further if they continue to use the space. This usually scares off most 'reasonable' people.

If he still writes in crayon, a different approach may be required.

JJ

JJ
Will get you the details tonight when i can get at my deeds
Old 26-03-2007, 11:05 AM
It's Czech Mate

In a word - no.
I might have to make him aware of that should all else fail
Old 26-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

In a word - no.
He said NO, ie it wouldnt be invalid, ie it would be valid.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:09 AM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Sounds like a nightmare. But in my experience the least you do the more it will wind him up. If your community is aware of his behaviour maybe instead of just you making a stand all of you should. I'd speak to a few neighbours and see if you can arrange for one or a few of them to move into your space before he does, maybe depending on how friendly you all are get a spare key cut so you can move their car.

It sounds to me like this guy has got away with murder so far, and people have backed down till now. If you all stand up to him rather than just you then he won't target someone else. Or even get your neighbours to park all their cars surrounding his house to really piss him off.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by POPEYE

if some scum fuck got up in my face like that
he'd be on the floor
Old 26-03-2007, 11:17 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Captain Chaos

he'd be on the floor
If it was just me and him that would be fine. I can take care of myself. But i have other peoples feelings to consider too. My fiancee and the other neighbours. It wouldnt be fair to get a big vendetta going because inevitably people will know and feel uncomfortable about it
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

take a shit on the windscreen and smear it over it lol

but dont go in and out your front door as he may have cctv etc and catch you lol

failing that, a supersoaker with paint stripper from the top window of the flat will work lol
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door

In a word - no.
He said NO, ie it wouldnt be invalid, ie it would be valid.
Dur, i was reading too quickly
Old 26-03-2007, 11:19 AM
It's Czech Mate

Originally Posted by fudgeass

but dont go in and out your front door as he may have cctv etc and catch you lol

failing that, a supersoaker with paint stripper from the top window of the flat will work lol
Him personally capturing an area with publiic access on CCTV wouldnt be legal

I own my own house it isnt a flat!

I dont want to start neighbourhood war or i'd have just attached a cable to it and towed it out onto the road by now
Old 26-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by Captain Chaos

he'd be on the floor
Howd you know its not someone who will knock you the fuck out?

Everyones dead brave on the internet.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:29 AM
PastyKing

Originally Posted by fudgeass

does that ring any bells RAD????
Old 26-03-2007, 12:03 PM
It's Czech Mate

The problem area. I dont think i'm being unreasonable

Old 26-03-2007, 12:07 PM
PastyKing

need to get a zoom mate cant really read or see it
Old 26-03-2007, 12:27 PM
dojj

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, i get you now

you have a little cul-de-sac and he lives across the road and he's not supposed to be parking his motor in front of your house right?

don't start a neighbourhood turf war because i've been there done that and it will either be black magic voodoo stylie with chillis and shit being thrown all over the place, tea made from socks and all sorts of other shit as well as the shouting and blocking people in etc

write a letter as a cul-de-sac saying that you don't want anyone other than the residents parking there and send it to the person who maintins the road and parking area
you may find that they will turn it into a resident parking bay type thing only and you will end up having to fork out for a sticker to park there

or

you can try and reason with the guy

be aware that, if you try to reason with him and it fails and then things start going wrong, he will point the finger of blame (and possibly curses) in your direction

the only way i have found that actually works is to get someone who is disabled to write to the counil to ask for a bay to be put there for their car only, not a general disabled bay, and then he's banged to rights

try parking in southall mate, you just can't
Old 26-03-2007, 01:03 PM
ON-UJAH
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Buy a can of sardines, mix it into some water, add some piss to taste.

Then pour the concoction into the bonnet grille on a nice hot day.

His car will stink forever.

Old 26-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

looking at that picture, i think it's a complete insult that he'd even consider parking there!
Old 26-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

deffo slash the cunts tyres, that REALLY takes the piss!
Old 26-03-2007, 01:20 PM
dojj

note the word "legal" on the thread title chaps

if he wanted to pour fish paste into the vents odds are that the scrote who's parking there will be filming him and hand it over to plod

you need to make it sneaky, possibly just by calling the scrap man to come and take away the car
Old 26-03-2007, 01:28 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

fecking idiot, some people feed of being a bas*ard and generally sticking there nose in other peoples faces

Hope you get it sorted mate
Old 26-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what a fuckin liberty...

Its not even anywhere near his house.

If that was round here or I had similar problems my mate would come and remove the car and dispose of it for me.

As for a legal remedy- QUite simply I think the general agreement is to find out who owns the parking spaces and either buy them off the person or arrange for them to put private parking signs up and employ a clamping team.

If you buy the land off the owner you could then put up a steel post. Only issue it potential damage to the steel post- But if you positioned it in a way that if the post was damaged and couldn't be released you could still manouver out of the spot that would be ok.

In my experience of confrontations with people (check me out badd boy for life) mostly when people threaten stuff they generally dont carry out their threats..

As for slightly more dubious options- the world is your oyster...

Quick Reply: Parking Problems - Aggressive Neighbour. UPDATED! HAHA