General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

For some reason, I am in fooking agony....

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default For some reason, I am in fooking agony....

But I don't know why!!!!

Wole up this morn and had my usual stretch. Thought to myself "hmm, ankle seems a bit stiff" and thought nothin og of.

Went to get out of bed and my left ankle has completely locked up and feels like it does after you twist or sprain your ankle...

Thing is - I haven't! Went to be last night feeling absolutely fine. Cannot think of any time I have twisted or sprained my ankle for YEARS, and I haven't done anything to it recnetly at all.

It hasn't swollen up, there's no bruising, can't feel anything wrgon with the bone, but it's tender as fuck and I can't put any weight on it.

The tenderness and pain, when found with fingers, is around the inside of my left ankle, around that sticky out bone bit, and is also tender around my achilles heel a bit.

Can't put fuck all weight on it - if I do get up and walk round for ten mins, it hurts like fuck but becomes bearable. Rest it tho for any ammount of time, then next time I get up I can't even stand for a few mins!

Should I go A+E? HATE going A+E, specially to sit for 82hrs to be told nowt is wrong.....
Old 28-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Think i might have to go hospital It's getting worse now and I can barely get up the stairs!!!!

Do they do x-rays after hours?
Old 28-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats god punishing you for wanting tips.

Money is the root of all evil.........apparently
Old 28-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full blown bum aids that is
Old 28-12-2006, 07:06 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 28-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Thanks guys - really a lot of help there

Looks like I am off down A+E in a few mins then - oh joy, get to spend my evening in a sweaty hospital where I'll probably come out with syphalis or aids or something
Old 28-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thrush dont forget to tip the doctors,,,,, working in the evenings and all that this time of year

oh and dont forget to say thanks,,,, maybe a mince pie too

Trending Topics

Old 28-12-2006, 08:31 PM
UBster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
thrush dont forget to tip the doctors,,,,, working in the evenings and all that this time of year

Old 28-12-2006, 10:53 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Someone had to say it

A couple of others incase you forget:

Petrol station attendant if you stop to get petrol
Car park attendent at the other end
The worker in the little shop at the hospital
The porter who is going to push you around in a wheel chair

And finally, if your elderly neighbour takes you, dont forget to tip them as they might put a post up on passioncrossstitch.com saying how this miserable bloke didnt tip them
Old 28-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Well that was a waste of three fucking hours wasn't it - fucking big up the NHS eh?

Sat there for 3hrs, finally got to see a doc, she had a look at it, then proceeded to tell me everything I already knew : theres no visible sign of injury, no swelling, no discolouration, no bruising, and that she doesn't know whats wrong.

I asked for an xray to eliminate a possible fracture, trapped nerve, etc, and was told I couldn't have one, as they aren't allowed to xray unless there is previous history of problems in the particular area

I was stunned. Told that problems have to start at some point, and better to find out what it is now that a week or two later when it might be too late.

She told me to rest it (like I have done ALL day) and take some painkillers Fuck me, do I look like I need someone with a fucking PHD to tell me that?!?!?!

Tell ya, if I was bupa or something, I'd have seen a doctor in less than 20mins and had an xray within the hour....
Old 28-12-2006, 11:06 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

old age matt

dont worry about the nhs m8 took me 3 years for them to look into my knee problem and thay still cant work out what makes it lock up last time it happend i spent a month on crotches
Old 28-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

That is precisely what I want to avoid Mark! I don't want to get into that situation - if I am about to take on a mortgage etc, I don't wanna be getting into a situation that could see me not working for weeks at a time, thus not earning the bonus I need to pay bills and buy food!
Old 28-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by mark
last time it happend i spent a month on crotches

yeah mate GREAT excuse to give the missus when she finds you being gangband by a group of men,,,,,,, dancossie seems to get the same knee problems on weekends too

matt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, have you ever thought about retiring mate as you are turning into one grumpy old man

i sugest you look o tv-links website and watch series 3 of house,,,,, the episode when he sticks tests the moany fuckers temp via his arse and then goes home instead of getting the results

shame they never seen that episode either
Old 28-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

matt maybe your arm hurts cause you have spent all christmas typing on a pc about how nobody cares anymore

oh the irony if that was true
Old 28-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ginge, I only moan when I have cause to - right now I am in fooking agony and the NHS aren't interested in finding out why or helping me NOT be in agony.... Bit stupid to tell me to take painkillers - specially after I already told em I hadn't taken any and don't intend to (I don't do medicine) and that the only reason I was there was to get an xray to make sure it ain't anything serious....

Gonna go Bupa I think
Old 28-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Gezze its like the Life of Thrush here.

Im sure they turned you away as you wasnt that bad etc mate.
Old 28-12-2006, 11:18 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

yeah mate GREAT excuse to give the missus when she finds you being gangband by a group of men,,,,,,, dancossie seems to get the same knee problems on weekends too

Old 28-12-2006, 11:27 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Thrush
That is precisely what I want to avoid Mark! I don't want to get into that situation - if I am about to take on a mortgage etc, I don't wanna be getting into a situation that could see me not working for weeks at a time, thus not earning the bonus I need to pay bills and buy food!
In all seriousness mate, I would defo not be taking on a mortgage if you are relying on bonuses to pay the bills and food! There is living close to the breadline and living over it. A bonus is exactly that, a bonus. Will be surprised if you get a mortgage using the bonus as part of your regular income.

And r.e the NHS, at least you get readilly available free/heavilly subsidised healthcare! Some countries dont even have it and I have to pay here or trek miles accross town (town as in London scale not Bath size) on the off chance they have time to see me.
Old 28-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Saff - I can pay for the mortgage and bills etc with my basic monthly income, and probably JUST have enough to buy food n shit, but I am relying on weekly bonus to be able to have enough money to live comfortably. And the mortgage is already approved.

As for NHS - we do pay for it, every single paycheck with the NI contribution. If I was able to ditch the NI and pay the money to Bupa then I would, but to go private, you still have to pay your NI which is pointless as if you're private, you won't use the fooking NHS!!!!

I pay my NI every month - last time I visted that hospital was Dec 1995 (said so on the sheet she gave me) and prior to 2nite, I visted only one other hospital to get 4 stiches a couple years ago.... Really I should be getting an NI rebate, lol
Old 28-12-2006, 11:42 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Saff - I can pay for the mortgage and bills etc with my basic monthly income, and probably JUST have enough to buy food n shit, but I am relying on weekly bonus to be able to have enough money to live comfortably. And the mortgage is already approved.

As for NHS - we do pay for it, every single paycheck with the NI contribution. If I was able to ditch the NI and pay the money to Bupa then I would, but to go private, you still have to pay your NI which is pointless as if you're private, you won't use the fooking NHS!!!!

I pay my NI every month - last time I visted that hospital was Dec 1995 (said so on the sheet she gave me) and prior to 2nite, I visted only one other hospital to get 4 stiches a couple years ago.... Really I should be getting an NI rebate, lol
Thats cool r.e mortgage then. We bought a place in May and I know how close we push it some months yet when we did the sums, we had a comfortable amount spare so didnt want others going down the same trap.

Yeah NI is a pain in the arse from a hospital point. Last time I went to the hospital was about 95 too and prior to that 88 yet all my NI contributions are dead and buried now I dont live there anymore
Old 28-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Katie

You could test that argument with private schooling though. Why do you have to pay for state schools if you send your kids private? Just something that has to be done to sustain the state provisions isn't it.

Everyone who pays for Bupa has to pay twice...otherwise everyone would be going private, why pay for crap when you could pay for quality...catch 22.

I'd just cut the leg off above the knee to be on the safe side...once it heals you won't have a pain in the ankle anymore
Old 29-12-2006, 09:11 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DogSmoke

spat my drink out

Old 29-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Katie
I'd just cut the leg off above the knee to be on the safe side...once it heals you won't have a pain in the ankle anymore
So do you fancy coming round and "nursing" me then Katie?

It's still crap this morning, but i think it *might* be better. Managed a walk around the block, albeit slowly and still in pain, but it's a bit more manageable than before....

Still think hospitals are useless tho....
Old 29-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Well, went to another A+E today, got there bout half 2ish....

Sat there watching absolutely EVERYONE who came in after me get seen for the next two hours. Went back up to the desk and asked if they knew when I'd get seen, and was told "no we don't, but it won't be long I'm sure"

Sat for another half hour and then thought fuck it, after a couple walked in, sat down and were seen in ten mins So I left.

Came home, sulked for a bit Then took a long hot bath....

Fuck me, when I got out, not only was I both clean and looked a bit like a fat tomatoe but I could also walk

It's still not right, if I don't quite get the correct angle, I can feel a shooting pain in my ankle, but I have 90% of my motorfunctions back, and can walk the best I have been able to since Wednesday.....

Up and downstairs is still a bit of a gamble.... But hopefully that means it is on the mend