General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How easy is it to steal a E39 BMW 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alex i was the one saying its a family member whos been borring the car to impresws or even impregnat a 15 year old girl

the good news is hes prob broken up with her now and he wont have managed to get more than a blowjob as she wouldnt have been in the mood after the crash i recon

ahhhh kids,, gotta love em

btw all the fords have to have there keys programed BUT all keys on the system ARE recorded meaning that if a dealer was to have cut a new set from ford that would be shown on the wds/pats or what ever the fucking things are called now

not sure about bmw's,,, as if its not the case then thats fucking pointless

hell for me to order a vin plate i need to send id and a copy of the log book and the vin plate dont even come complete
Old 26-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

I have not (or can't be) bothered to read the whole thread BUT I take it someone has tried an Original key in the ignition to make sure it has the original barrel?
Old 26-12-2006, 06:31 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
I have not (or can't be) bothered to read the whole thread BUT I take it someone has tried an Original key in the ignition to make sure it has the original barrel?

not been told that Martin, you will have to read it all.

if it has been re-pog then surley the original key will not fit or will not start the car.

Ginge,

there are mobile business's that programme keys and ecus.

a mate had to get it done to get his stolen transit van back after he left the keys in it.
Old 26-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4

if it has been re-pog then surley the original key will not fit or will not start the car.

:
Was not on about re-programming a new key! You only need change three items to make this BMW run.. one is the ignition key/ barrel assembly.
Old 26-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

martin can we guess the other answers and you tell us if there correct or is this not appopriate on a car website

as its a little slow here and thats alot more fun than "eye spy"

no ?
Old 26-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by Ginge !
martin can we guess the other answers and you tell us if there correct or is this not appopriate on a car website

as its a little slow here and thats alot more fun than "eye spy"

no ?
Sorry but it's not best posted on here!
Old 26-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i was gona sugest indicator stalk as they seem to be removed from all the bmws i see on the motorways

and i thought the other one was dipped headlamp fuse hence all the bmw's have there fucking fog lamps on

can see a spate of bmw thefts going on soon
Old 26-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4

Ginge,

there are mobile business's that programme keys and ecus.

a mate had to get it done to get his stolen transit van back after he left the keys in it.
dave i know that,,,,, just that the cars can have a max of 6 keys or is it 4,,,, anyway cant remember BUT there is a max and all the keys codes are stored to the pmc via a laptop with the software meaning that if another key IS added then the ECU is aware of it,,,,, the key has the code and the car gets told to remember it and thats what stores it

volvo are one step better,,,, you have to download the key software from there website for MOST of the volvo parts, not just keys as everything on a volvo is a module and not a switch,,,, the rear veiw mirror needs a software download aswell as to turn off the constant side lamps from the ecu

so in short by a volvo
Old 26-12-2006, 07:04 PM
GAZ345
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even with a coded key no thief is going to stand about & lock a car up after a smash, get the car to a bmw garage they will tell you how many key's are registered to the car & can also delete one,does sound like a family member has done this though
Old 26-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
i was gona sugest indicator stalk as they seem to be removed from all the bmws i see on the motorways

and i thought the other one was dipped headlamp fuse hence all the bmw's have there fucking fog lamps on

can see a spate of bmw thefts going on soon
Old 26-12-2006, 09:43 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

this key coding malarky thing, apparently we have to supply the log book and chassis number to mercedes who will then go and get a key coded to the same ignition barrel that is fitted to the van
this way we can use the old keys as well

if it needs a new ignition switch then it's a bit more complicated but esentially the same, paperwork and switch coded to the chassis number

if we need to get a key recoded you can't because they only accept one code

and if we lose a set of keys we need to get a new key that is blank and get it coded for the chassis number as well as having the lost key deleted from the memory

too fcuking complicated if you ask me but if thats what they need then thats what they need

we can't even buy a wing mirror without the chassis number ffs