General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
sorry mate but how did YOU choose to go out to them , how did they contact you on christmas day,,,,, im assumung you are REQUIRED to work that day,,,,, its almost like me telling my boss i CHOOS to come to work,,,,, they should be gratefull im there 30 mins late as i wasnt gonna actually show up as i could have called in sick and got paied anyway
I was on call, and I am contacted by my central control centre. I can at any time (when I get a call) refuse to go out to do the job, and it's no skin off my nose, nor are there any consequenses for it. I still get paid regardless.

mate they called you as you was working,,,,,,, you couldnt have chosen not to take on the work without NOT doing you job which is NOT what you signed up for when you joined
See above

ALSO if you dont get paied extra for overtime/working public holidays ( which im sure isnt true as even halfords staff get time and a half for that and they are another company who are contracted to work everyday even christmas day due to there motortrade link) if you dont get paied that mate its time to move to another company mate,,,,, as your job dont pay well,,,, your company gets HUGE amounts of money by ripping off insurance companys with there fees,,,, we do pay them when our insurances go up btw,,,, we just dont account it as they rip us off anyway
Firstly you don't work for my company so you cannot say what is an isn't true. My hourly rate does not change for a bank holiday, new years day or xmas day. I do get a call out bonus if I go do a job, but I DO NOT get overtime or time and a half/double/triple like some do. If I don't go do anything, I just standard wage for the day. The people who didn't work xmas day don't get paid AT ALL (it's a "day off" so no pay)

you was paied to be at work,,,,,, thats the harsh line of it,,,,,,, infact if you was on call why arrange to have a family dinner and then moan when its cold,,,, would have been better off having your family arrange it round you,,,,,, christ my old man worked almost every christmas eve night till christmas day at 6am and we had to wait for him to wake up to open the presents,,,,, its a bitch but we understood he done those nights to get a BIG pay cheque and pay for our presents,,,, least we could do was allow him to watch us open em
Tell me how I have them plan it round me - I have no idea when I will be there and when I won't. Is it better to put all of them out, or just myself?

maybe you should be a little laid back about things mate as it seems you fly off the handle with people you aint got a clue about cause they are telling you what THEY think and you dont agree
I'm not flying off the handle when people tell me what they think, but it does get annoying to have to repeat myself cos no one seems to bother reading what you actually wrote, but chooses to read what they want and then make assumptions up - like that I am on double time and getting paid hansomly(sp) for it. Even if that was the case- it's STILL impolite and disrespectfull to not say THANK YOU, wouldn't you say?

as for helping people,,,,, how many times have you actually helped a member on here for no reason and no personal game for a nobody on this site where there screen is busted ?
More times than you know. I've done Jims screen (on his 4i), Fil's 4i screen, and offered COUNTLESS times to come help people out with broken door windows (Bishman had his FRS broken into, I said if he wanted I could be there in a couple hours - and it's a LONG journey for me to get there) and another member (can't remember who) had a window broken and I offered to go over there for him and sort it out. I went to Mad Mac's house one time just to see if I could help him work out which hoses he needed to connect to what outlet on his 3i lump, and was there in 20mins. So plenty of times mate...

not many people on here actually have the time to help people and ive also helped people on here who i thought was friends to actually be fucked over by them and have them also not answer there phones to me when they answer to others i know,,,,,, fact of life mate is EVERYONE is a cunt,,,,, even you and me at times !
Yep, thats true and it's a sad fact. More people should help each other out. My opposite neighbour walks her dog outside my house every morning and every morning I have a fresh turb outside my gate. But when I went out this afternoon, I noticed her daughter, who turned up and hour or so earlier, had left her hazard lights on. So I knocked on the door and told her, so she didn't get a flat battery. Only took 20secs of my day, and saved her possible grief. Most wouldn't bother tho.

i just accept when i get screwed over as respect that ive done it in the past as im sure you have done something to others too that they didnt like !
Of course we all have. But this isn't about being screwed over, it's about the basic lack of courtesy and politeness from people you help, and the arrogance and rudeness that goes hand in hand with it...
Old 26-12-2006, 03:55 PM
discodenkelly
bounce, bounce, bounce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting read, I know I wouldn't work on xmas day for standard money, religious or not, xmas is xmas. I agree with Thrush though, manners don't cost nothing, it's not hard to say thank you is it?
Old 26-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by Porsche911r101
if you came to my house to do my window id be polite. if you came on xmas day id supply you with free cups of tea. would i tip you ? no because ive paid for your missed hour with the money ive given the company youve worked for.
But you don't give my company any money. THe money you pay is your insurance excess - you are paying it to your insurance company, not to Autoglass.....
any my insurance company pays autoglass who pay you.

why should i pay out twice ?
Old 26-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Dave_Hay
Originally Posted by topaz
christmas day or not, i still wouldnt of tipped for a windscreen fitment.

then again, i would of waited till after boxing day to book an apointment.

i would imagine a windscreen fitter would be on double time on xmas day anyway.
Nope, we are not. We are on double bonus per job, but of course the ammount of jobs are garanteed. Standard rate for me all day + call out bonus. So a tip would have come in nice, as a little gesture, or token of appreciation for having sweated and bled for them to provide a service when I could be sitting at home eating turky and drinking beer!
so a bonus for 4 jobs from company ok not double time but your getting paid extra for the hours of work you did

being abusive to people who disagree with you is pathetic and makes you sound like a keyboard warrior - im not trying to get into a slagging match but i believe in my point of view.

the national company has a huge role to play in it. Corporate companies are now mainstream and "people" are left out. The reason you didnt get tipped was because you work for a huge company and could have been anyone doing the job - no1 phoned you up personally and said hey could you do us a favour........ they phoned a national company on a holiday. - blame the company for sending you out on the super important religous holiday youve taken.

quite frankly i wouldnt have tipped(you have said you dont care about tips but you mention them enough) as ive already said but i would have been courteous. However, if your attitude is the same in person as on here im suprised you get any thanks at all. How are people to know methods of payment when they just call to get glass fitted?

Im not getting into a slagging match but you clearly think because you worked christmas day people should automatically bend over and be nice - WHY? you dont change their life with your work. they dont know you on a personal level and you could have been any of a number of people called to do the work.

If your not religous you shouldnt complain about working christmas day

i do agree its the least they could do is say thanks but hey whats it matter. you do the job your getting paid - not as if your wanting to buy them a drink or anything?
Sorry, agian I disagree.

I didn't get paid extra for the hours worked as such. I got paid regular for them. I got paid extra for actually being arsed to get in my van and take several hours out of MY xmas day to go fit windows for people.

Secondly, you say that I didn't get tipped cos I work for a national company. Again untrue - xmas eve I got a tip from a girl for doing her window. A few days before I got a tip from someone else, and a few days before that etc etc...

I didn't expect anybody to bend over backwards - quite the contrary. As part of the xmas day service, customers are told to drive into my local branch to have anywork done. I didn't enforce this and went to thier HOME (well and work in one case) address to sort them out, thus making it EASIER for them...

quite frankly i wouldnt have tipped(you have said you dont care about tips but you mention them enough) as ive already said but i would have been courteous. However, if your attitude is the same in person as on here im suprised you get any thanks at all. How are people to know methods of payment when they just call to get glass fitted?
I mentioned them as everyone else has! Again, if you HAD read all the posts here, I wouldn't have to re-iterate my point that I am polite to ALL my customers, regardless of their attitude, manner, level politeness - because thats how I have been brought up.

If people think I am being abusive here (which I don't think I am) then thats because no one reads what I have written in the context I wrote it. Read a bit, then make asumptions to the rest and chose to interrpret it in the way THEY want to..... If people can't be bothered to read properly, then don't come on a forum where interaction is conveyed as text
Old 26-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

if you came to my house to do my window id be polite. if you came on xmas day id supply you with free cups of tea. would i tip you ? no because ive paid for your missed hour with the money ive given the company youve worked for.
But you don't give my company any money. THe money you pay is your insurance excess - you are paying it to your insurance company, not to Autoglass.....

How do you pay twice? IF you don't claim for a screen, do you get money back from the insurance company? No...

If you do claim for a screen, you pay your excess (say Ł60) We (Autoglass) collect it, and deposit into the bank of the insurance company. SO you have paid once.

Where do you pay a second time? Do you get a bill from the insurance company for the remainder of the cost? No.

In MANY MANY MANY cases the cost of the screen outweighs the years cover anyway. Mr X has himself a shiney Merc C Class. His fully comp cover for the year is Ł500. His screen cracks. THe insurance company stump up Ł650 (+ the customers Ł50) to pay for a new one.

You do the math.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Stavros
Steve - it's the fucking internet on here, not real life you gimp - get a grip!
Bet every other windscreen fitter in the universe got mega tips, blowjobs, presents, allsorts
Old 26-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate you aint gonna enjoy life being this negative,,,, you are looking to pick holes in things,,,,, anyone can find faults if they look close enough

most of the people you have offered to help have been mates or have cars your interested in !

i know for a FACT you offered to repair my windscreen for 20 quid a chip when i offered you when you had your FIRST S1 free rent in a garage i had that was empty and i was paying 15 quid a week rent,,,, i also offered to give you a S2 wheel FOC as i had a few,,,,,,, you offered 20 quid a stone chip in my screen that had 3

sorry mate but understand what im saying here,,,,, you never gave me the same level of curtesy i gave you,,,,,, but thats just me,,,,,, i help ANYONE who i can and alot of people dont understand it and ALSO MORE people dont offer the same help back

ive gave a lift to a total stranger who was there when he broken down and was at the same place i was and he mentioned he lived near me and i ALSO drove him back to his car the next day with his spare alarm fob as he never knew where i was,,,,,, i must admit i DID get a thankyou and i would NEVER accept money from him as that was my good deed for the day

i dont actually take praise very well either tbh as it makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason,,,,,, also i HATE people who thank me when i KNOW they are the same people when i was in trouble chose NOT to answer there phone,,,,, but are soo much thanks when i helped them

ive learned to get over it mate,,,,, ive i help someone i do it for no thanks mate as otherwise i will be feeling like you and make me upset,,,,,, so id either not help or help but not moan afterwards

btw,,,,, you are starting to sound like gran on catherine tate sketches

have a good newyear,,,,, and dont go to work so you enjoy it
Old 26-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

How do you pay twice? IF you don't claim for a screen, do you get money back from the insurance company? No...

If you do claim for a screen, you pay your excess (say Ł60) We (Autoglass) collect it, and deposit into the bank of the insurance company. SO you have paid once.

Where do you pay a second time? Do you get a bill from the insurance company for the remainder of the cost? No.

In MANY MANY MANY cases the cost of the screen outweighs the years cover anyway. Mr X has himself a shiney Merc C Class. His fully comp cover for the year is Ł500. His screen cracks. THe insurance company stump up Ł650 (+ the customers Ł50) to pay for a new one.

You do the math.
me paying Ł60 = paying once.

me paying Łxx per month for insurance = paying twice but because the excess is included in the contract its paying once still.

me paying you a tip (which id never do) = paying twice.

me paying you in milk teabags sugar and water = paying three times (but i dont care about that)

theres the math for you, how much more simpler do you want it ?

you chose to work xmas, the key here is WORK, your getting paid to work over xmas which is optional for you, then you complain cos people wont tip you.

if you ever come to do the job for me and i know its you you wont recieve shit, no tea, no mince pies, and ill make your job as difficult for you as possible, because your attitude stinks.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:07 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

for fuck sake is this winge fest still going on? go get a job were you dont have to deal with the public then if your not happy and give it a rest
Old 26-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Anonymous
Banned

You do the math.

an insurance company gets money from thousands of people per month. some dont make a claim, thats where they can afford to payout Ł700 for a screen. if they were at a loss they would be bankrupt.

why do you include the customers Ł50 into it ? when the customer is paying for it they dont have to stump it up. you really are a moron.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Dave_Hay
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

at the end of the day you act like a coont youll get treared like a coont (i get yelled at for saying the proper c word)

i get thanks for small things such as opening doors - then the next time some1 will barge passed me through the open door - not even looking at me

if you start to care about what unpolite selfish people think youll be one very sad lonely man.

if you keep smiling people smile back

and those who dont......well at least your getting paid

the main point im trying to make was your making use of a religous holiday and you dont sound too christian so it could be any day of the year your talking about - just "cos its christmas" has no affect.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by discodenkelly
religious or not, xmas is xmas. I agree with Thrush though, manners don't cost nothing, it's not hard to say thank you is it?
err, no Xmas is purely religion based. Some people around the world don't celebrate Xmas.

Boy did this thread go wayward.

Thrush... maybe you should have simplified you first post to ... no cunt says "thank you" anymore.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

wonder what he would be like if he got food poisening from a mince pie
Old 26-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Old 26-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

I would have thanked you Matt, and gave you a tip. Anyone working on xmas day like this deserves some common decency. If ya cant tip fair play but a thankyou doesnt cost nothing. Anyone disagree with this is a complete cunt imo, common decency is a thing of the past for most people these days
Old 26-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

You do the math.
me paying Ł60 = paying once.

me paying Łxx per month for insurance = paying twice but because the excess is included in the contract its paying once still.

me paying you a tip (which id never do) = paying twice.

me paying you in milk teabags sugar and water = paying three times (but i dont care about that)

theres the math for you, how much more simpler do you want it ?

you chose to work xmas, the key here is WORK, your getting paid to work over xmas which is optional for you, then you complain cos people wont tip you.

if you ever come to do the job for me and i know its you you wont recieve shit, no tea, no mince pies, and ill make your job as difficult for you as possible, because your attitude stinks.
You paying excess = paying once.

You paying insurance = seperate fucking thing!!!! Even if you don't have glass cover you still need insurance!!!!! FFS get your head round it! You ain't paying your insurance just incase you need a screen are you?

AND I'M NOT FUCKING COMPLAINING THAT PEOPLE DON'T TIP ME YOU FUCKING MORON - I'M FUCKING MOANING ABOUT THE GODDAM LACK OF GOODWILL, COURTESY, POLITENESS, APPRECIATION OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANNA ADD THAT YOU NEED TO SAY "THANKS FOR DOING THAT FOR ME MATE, NOW I CAN GET ON WITH THE REST OF MY DAY"
Old 26-12-2006, 05:05 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

AND I'M NOT FUCKING COMPLAINING THAT PEOPLE DON'T TIP ME YOU FUCKING MORON - I'M FUCKING MOANING ABOUT THE GODDAM LACK OF GOODWILL, COURTESY, POLITENESS, APPRECIATION OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANNA ADD
not unlike the complete lack of goodwill,courtesy,politeness and appreciation you have yourself displayed to other fellow members through out this thread who have taken the time to respond to your endless fucking moaning.
merry christmas you fucking cock
Old 26-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by fuzzy

AND I'M NOT FUCKING COMPLAINING THAT PEOPLE DON'T TIP ME YOU FUCKING MORON - I'M FUCKING MOANING ABOUT THE GODDAM LACK OF GOODWILL, COURTESY, POLITENESS, APPRECIATION OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANNA ADD
not unlike the complete lack of goodwill,courtesy,politeness and appreciation you have yourself displayed to other fellow members through out this thread who have taken the time to respond to your endless fucking moaning.
merry christmas you fucking cock
I had no problem showing anyone on her courtesy, but if you show yourself up to being a cock, in the end I will treat you like one. People who REPEATEDLY do no read what is written, take things the wrong way and try and make ME look like the bad guy for simply wanting people to say thank you....

How the fuck am I a cunt for expecting people to say thank you?

You show me ONE instance where I had a pop at someone on this thread FIRST, without provocation, and I will apologise. But I think you will find that everyone here has jumped on a bandwagon they know nothing about, giving it the large, without actually reading what has been written....

I'll spell it out again (might aswell)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chose to go to work yesterday (xmas day)

People needed car windows fitting.

I went and fitted em.

But fuck me - some people are impolite cunts! Only 3 out of 4 yesterday actually said thankyou for me coming out to sort out THEIR problem for them.

Bunch of ungratefull fuckers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There - make sense to you now?
Old 26-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Dave_Hay

because common courtesy is never demanded - much in the same way you earn respect

people say thank you if you act in a manner that requires it

if not fuck em
Old 26-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

because common courtesy is never demanded - much in the same way you earn respect

people say thank you if you act in a manner that requires it

if not fuck em
Dave - had you been there, you would have seen that I do act in a manner that is polite and courteous to my customers. I pander to all their needs - if they need it done in a certain location, at a certain time, and special requirements, if they have to have it done and be away by a certain time - and I am professional and polite throughout.

It's easy to say "if not, fuck em" but I am not like that. I remain professional till the job is done. If they are still being a cunt then I am on my way, without making small talk etc. If the customer is polite, thanks me etc, then I have a laugh and a joke with them - to make it more personal (to try and remove this "corporate national company" image)
Old 26-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Dave_Hay

no1s questioning your professionalism
Old 26-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

stop complaining about not getting tips, you were getting paid double time
Old 26-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Stavros
stop complaining about not getting tips, you were getting paid double time
You're right, sorry
Old 26-12-2006, 06:27 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

I went and fitted em.

But fuck me - some people are impolite cunts! Only 3 out of 4 yesterday actually said thankyou for me coming out to sort out THEIR problem for them.

so after all this it turns out to be about 1 person not saying thank you? wheres the rest of this "bunch of ungrateful fuckers" you talk off and what did they do? if 1 person not saying thank you sets you off this much you need to change your career to something that doesnt bring you into contact with the public.unless it really was about the lack of tips after all
Old 26-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by fuzzy

I went and fitted em.

so after all this it turns out to be about 1 person not saying thank you? wheres the rest of this "bunch of ungrateful fuckers" you talk off and what did they do? if 1 person not saying thank you sets you off this much you need to change your career to something that doesnt bring you into contact with the public.unless it really was about the lack of tips after all
Sorry no, mis typed. That should have read only 1 out of 4 said thanks. 3 were miserable cunts, 1 of which kissed her teeth and tutted at everything, even when I told her it was all done and all cleaned up
Old 26-12-2006, 06:37 PM
XR-RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I read the first post but none of the tripe inbetween. i agree good manners and general politeness are rare now, except for the older generation. ive always been proud of having good manners etc as im proud of the job my parents did bringing me up so it reflects on them. As they say its costs fuck all to be polite.

What annoys me more on the manners subject though, is those fuckin tramps that cant eat properly. eat with their mouth open, chomping and champing on their food, or eating a packet of crisps and you need ear defenders to sit next to them, it disgusts me.
Old 26-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

I can't believe this shit is still going on! LOL

Some proper cocks on here

Is it so freakin hard for some people to just say Thank you? I guess some people were brought up without manners??

I always try my best to say thank you for everything from Taryn serving me my meal to person in front of me holding the door open to go into a shop. It's a simple form of gratitude.

Do I expect a "Thank You" for whatever I've done? Damn fucking right I do! Maybe it's because I do it, and expect it in return. If I open a door for a stranger going into a shop and they just walk in without even a glance or a nod or smile or a Thank you... I just look at them and loudly say.. O, You're welcomed! quickly followed by... cunt

Thrush, Here's a Thank you from me on behalf of those miserable cunts who couldn't say it...
Thank You!!
Old 26-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Fastmaul

Thrush, Here's a Thank you from me on behalf of those miserable cunts who couldn't say it...
Thank You!!

wheres his tip ?
Old 26-12-2006, 07:02 PM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by grimreaper
Originally Posted by Fastmaul

Thank You!!

wheres his tip ?

pmsl
Pm your address and i'll post you a teabag and a mince pie too
Old 26-12-2006, 07:02 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

seems like a blatant case of back tracking about not getting tips to me!
Old 26-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Graham S1
religious or not, xmas is xmas. I agree with Thrush though, manners don't cost nothing, it's not hard to say thank you is it?
err, no Xmas is purely religion based. Some people around the world don't celebrate Xmas.

Thrush... maybe you should have simplified you first post to ... no cunt says "thank you" anymore.
And people seem to think swearing is good aswell
Old 26-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Rhys
Originally Posted by Graham S1

And people seem to think swearing is good aswell
fucking dickless pricks !!!!

Old 26-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

PMSL i dont know why i really quoted GrahamS1 there sorry mate Dont mean to single you out!!!

But i think its way things are going imo. Lots of people think its cool to swear in every other sentence etc.

Vicki Polard culture
Old 26-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

rhys i actually get embarresed when i swear at work,,,, its not cool as it shows just how much of a comon chappy i am

fucking rich boy
Old 26-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

I wish i was rich I gotta admit i dont like swearing and i used t a fair bit. And still do every now and then. But some people use it as every other word. I could name a few on here and think whats the point, why? etc.

But hey ho everyone to there own i say..... yeah, but no, but......
Old 26-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
I wish i was rich I gotta admit i dont like swearing and i used t a fair bit. And still do every now and then. But some people use it as every other word. I could name a few on here and think whats the point, why? etc.

But hey ho everyone to there own i say..... yeah, but no, but......
theyre just words Rhys
Old 26-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

rhys wonder if im included in that,,,,,, do i really swear in every sentance i speak,,,,,,,,, well i aint sure about that but i know i do it alot even when i make a point trying not to

ive had complaints at work from people due to my swearing but in my industry its part of it,,,, just shame i answer he phones

Quick Reply: The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...