General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by cocofireblade
I always tip people that provide a friendly and efficient service, no matter what trade they are in. If they do a good job for you and you are happy with the service provided then a tip of some sort is justified i reckon.

The manners of people these days though has gone down the toilet IMHO Im always on at my 2 kids to say please and thank you all the time and prob the most common saying in our house is "manners dont cost anything"

Being called away from your family on xmas day to provide an emergency service to someone in a desperate situation ( and by desperate i mean cant wait till tomorrow ) does not guarantee a tip but should def have warranted a serious amount of gratitude and thanks. If i was in your situation im sure not getting a tip would not have bothered me in the slightest but the lack of manners and gratitude would have pissed me off hugely

I agree with all you have said in this thread Thrush and you are quite right to have a rant about the level of manners and common courtesy being way below par these days, guess im just old school as well eh !!!

Thank you please
Originally Posted by SapphyMike
i love this place!

its one of the only places were everything gets taken out of proportion

yea its an inconvenience having to have your window replaced. however, if it could wait until tomorrow, then why do it today?

People seem to be enphasising on the tip thing, when it seems tips arent high on thrush's moan list when compared to a thanks.

I was brought up to be polite, so always say please and thanks. Even if the person has riled me up i say thanks, perhaps rudely, but thanks!

Myself? I wasnt driving yesterday, and i'd of known what time you were coming, so i would've planned my day around it. and what does it take to fit a window? 30 mins to 1 hour? hardly a fucking life time is it!

I would've offered tea/coffee, perhaps something to eat had you arrived when food was on and you'd of left with some beers or tokens, as it would've been appreciated for you to come out on xmas day.

moral of the story?

got something to moan about? dont moan about it on PF cos you'll ALWAYS be wrong
FINALLY! TWO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ON ABOUT AND WHERE I AM COMING FROM!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-12-2006, 11:31 AM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
I always tip people that provide a friendly and efficient service, no matter what trade they are in. If they do a good job for you and you are happy with the service provided then a tip of some sort is justified i reckon.

The manners of people these days though has gone down the toilet IMHO Im always on at my 2 kids to say please and thank you all the time and prob the most common saying in our house is "manners dont cost anything"

Being called away from your family on xmas day to provide an emergency service to someone in a desperate situation ( and by desperate i mean cant wait till tomorrow ) does not guarantee a tip but should def have warranted a serious amount of gratitude and thanks. If i was in your situation im sure not getting a tip would not have bothered me in the slightest but the lack of manners and gratitude would have pissed me off hugely

I agree with all you have said in this thread Thrush and you are quite right to have a rant about the level of manners and common courtesy being way below par these days, guess im just old school as well eh !!!

Thank you please
i love this place!

yea its an inconvenience having to have your window replaced. however, if it could wait until tomorrow, then why do it today?

People seem to be enphasising on the tip thing, when it seems tips arent high on thrush's moan list when compared to a thanks.

I was brought up to be polite, so always say please and thanks. Even if the person has riled me up i say thanks, perhaps rudely, but thanks!

Myself? I wasnt driving yesterday, and i'd of known what time you were coming, so i would've planned my day around it. and what does it take to fit a window? 30 mins to 1 hour? hardly a fucking life time is it!

I would've offered tea/coffee, perhaps something to eat had you arrived when food was on and you'd of left with some beers or tokens, as it would've been appreciated for you to come out on xmas day.

moral of the story?

got something to moan about? dont moan about it on PF cos you'll ALWAYS be wrong
FINALLY! TWO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ON ABOUT AND WHERE I AM COMING FROM!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Its easy to see right from the start of the thread Thrush what your point is and 90% of replys about it are all to do with tips and that you are getting double or triple time so why moan! Def a case of trying to get your point across but looks like we are finally getting there
Old 26-12-2006, 11:36 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

maybe its because in every job you talked of you mentioned not getting a tip,obviously you were expecting them.simple to fix though ,in future dont volunteer to be on call for christmas day
Old 26-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by fuzzy
maybe its because in every job you talked of you mentioned not getting a tip,obviously you were expecting them.simple to fix though ,in future dont volunteer to be on call for christmas day
And AGAIN I am mis interrpreted! Do people not read these days?

The first bloke said he WANTED tip me but couldn't cos he had nothing on him, which I thought was fair enough, and just the thought was nice enough.

Subsequently, cos of him, I mentioned it in the next examples. If he can offer, why can't anyone else.

Cos if I had recieved a thanks, I wouldn't have mentioned them. If I am recieved a tip, I wouldn't have mentioned them not saying thanks, as a tip is a thanks isn't it?

Wish I hadn't have bothered saying anything now - as someone else said, you can never be right on PF cos there are too many pricks who think they are right
Old 26-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Thank you please
i love this place!

moral of the story?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Its easy to see right from the start of the thread Thrush what your point is and 90% of replys about it are all to do with tips and that you are getting double or triple time so why moan! Def a case of trying to get your point across but looks like we are finally getting there
I'M NOT GETTING DOUBLE OR TRIPLE TIME FFS!!!!!
Old 26-12-2006, 11:47 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

southall is open on xmas day, it's probaly the only place that is

but if it's just anothe workig day mate, then i'd suggest you don't work it next year if you can avoid working i

but i can understand what you are sayin about not gettingpaid if your not working, i only have bank holidays off and i work the other 7 days of the week, this is made up for by the fact that i can take 38 days holiday a year but thats a whole other bucket of celeary

the next time people piss you off just slime at them, it's a lot more effective to be over polite and over courteous to them, it makes them look like the coonts they are and it's not as if you can get told off for it it is
Old 26-12-2006, 11:50 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thrush,

coco was agreeing with you he was saying that people are saying you are getting double time etc are saying you shouldnt be moaning, when he acknowledges that you arent
Old 26-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your stroppy rolleyes attitude on here is anything to go by, no wonder they wernt friendly to you.

and you wonder why people are getting the "wrong idea" and think this thread is about you bitching about not getting tips?

no tip, no nothing.
and same again - no tip. Just a quick, quiet "thanks" and he's gone.
no tip no nothing.
and you blatantly acted all arsey like you do on here too, with...

I rub it in : she says "I didn't think you would be working xmas day" to which I replied, "well you rang us and I came here - guess I must be!" and go on to tell her I have left my dinner halfway through, come all the way out, been messed around (she couldn't even be bothered to come down and open the gates for me, had to punch in the code myself, then she couldn't be arsed to come meet me at her car, tried to drop the keys out the window!) and generally put myself out for her
Old 26-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Bungle

Thank you please
i love this place!

moral of the story?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with these 2 thrush fuck knows what everyone else has been smoking,

As for being old skool??? I'm 22 and i know how and when to say please and thank you ANY day not just christmas day and i grew up on a shitty council estate,

It's plain to see from the start the thread isn't about tips so why the fuck everyone are banging on about them i dont know

There's far too many un grateful cunts in this country as it is and its getting worse at an alarming rate
Old 26-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Stavros
if your stroppy rolleyes attitude on here is anything to go by, no wonder they wernt friendly to you.

and you wonder why people are getting the "wrong idea" and think this thread is about you bitching about not getting tips?

no tip, no nothing.
and same again - no tip. Just a quick, quiet "thanks" and he's gone.
no tip no nothing.
and you blatantly acted all arsey like you do on here too, with...

I rub it in : she says "I didn't think you would be working xmas day" to which I replied, "well you rang us and I came here - guess I must be!" and go on to tell her I have left my dinner halfway through, come all the way out, been messed around (she couldn't even be bothered to come down and open the gates for me, had to punch in the code myself, then she couldn't be arsed to come meet me at her car, tried to drop the keys out the window!) and generally put myself out for her
Steve - it's the fucking internet on here, not real life you gimp - get a grip!

As I already said, if you bothered to read - that no matter who my customers are, what car they drive etc, I am polite and courteous to them as THEY are the customer. Thats the way I was brought up, and you;d know that if ever I came to do a job with you.

Read a few posts up if you want an explantion as to why I wrote what I did. I''ve actually changed it now as even after putting an edit in there to admit I worded it badly, people are STILL harping on about it, and I cannot be arsed to post up every couple of replies that this is about appreciation, gratitude, politeness and courtesy... <- there's another "stroppy" rollseyes for you....

And tell me what is "arsey" about telling the truth to a customer? I did leave my dinner half way through, I did leave my family behind to go to her during her "emergency" and I did get fucked about and made to feel unappreciated.... So how is that ME being arsey?
Old 26-12-2006, 11:58 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by fuzzy
And AGAIN I am mis interrpreted! Do people not read these days?
no i havent misinterpreted,yes i do read.cant you read as i have quite clearly said that the fact YOU mention tips 4 times has gave the impression that was your main gripe.if you werent expecting tips then why mention it 4 times in your original post and at the end of the day if your not happy dont do it ,simple as that
Old 26-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Manners, Courtesy and a smile dont cost anything ...Its a shame more people dont realise that!
Old 26-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

The first bloke said he WANTED tip me but couldn't cos he had nothing on him, which I thought was fair enough, and just the thought was nice enough.

Subsequently, cos of him, I mentioned it in the next examples. If he can offer, why can't anyone else.

Cos if I had recieved a thanks, I wouldn't have mentioned them. If I am recieved a tip, I wouldn't have mentioned them not saying thanks, as a tip is a thanks isn't it?
Fuzzy you missed this part out....
Old 26-12-2006, 12:00 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Was just about to do what stav has, mate you sound like a proper grumpy cunt, no wonder you didnt get a tip or a thanks. you spoke to me in arsey way like you said you did to the last lady id fuckin made a point of fucking you about......

Your whole opening post was full of i didnt get a tip here i didnt get a tip there all i got was a thanks...HANG ON do ya job and piss off, you think everyone should thank you cos you gave up your time for them....Seriously wake the fuck up no-one gives a flying fuck if your missing your dinner and why should they, they rang the companys out of hours number and you responded they didnt pick you , you picked to work on that day......

Be a man a rise above it, you got paid, well or not you earned some extra mulla and missed out on a few hours on christmas day tuff shit, if you didnt want to give up your day why did you say you would work it......

Sheesh some people want it all.....
Old 26-12-2006, 12:02 PM
coco16i

Thrush,

coco was agreeing with you he was saying that people are saying you are getting double time etc are saying you shouldnt be moaning, when he acknowledges that you arent

Thank you Mike....my point exactly.... i didnt say you were getting double/triple time... i said thats what OTHER people were ranting on about
Old 26-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by JoeE30
Was just about to do what stav has, mate you sound like a proper grumpy cunt, no wonder you didnt get a tip or a thanks. you spoke to me in arsey way like you said you did to the last lady id fuckin made a point of fucking you about......

Your whole opening post was full of i didnt get a tip here i didnt get a tip there all i got was a thanks...HANG ON do ya job and piss off, you think everyone should thank you cos you gave up your time for them....Seriously wake the fuck up no-one gives a flying fuck if your missing your dinner and why should they, they rang the companys out of hours number and you responded they didnt pick you , you picked to work on that day......

Be a man a rise above it, you got paid, well or not you earned some extra mulla and missed out on a few hours on christmas day tuff shit, if you didnt want to give up your day why did you say you would work it......

First off - who the fuck are you?

Second - when did I say I spoke to the last women in an arsey way? I NEVER spoke to her in an arsey way. Specially not before the job like you imply. With you not being there, I beg to question how you know what tone I used in what I said.

Lastly - as I keep mentioning - I didn't HAVE to do any of it, I CHOSE to go out and help these peeps. I could sit at home all day with a beer saying no to jobs and I get paid anyway - so tell me how my going out to them to help them isn't worth a thanks?

And no, I don't want it all - I simply want a fucking thanks from someone for whom I have sweated and bled for, so that they don't have too. It's called POLITENESS
Old 26-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Thrush,

Thanks you Mike....my point exactly.... i didnt say you were getting doible/triple time... i said thats what OTHER people were ranting on about
Sorry Coco - I misinterrpeted what you wote! My bad! Now I understand it, thanks for understanding me
Old 26-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Steve - it's the fucking internet on here, not real life you gimp - get a grip!
Once again, your a mouthy stroppy complete prick.

Whats difference between real life and the net? Dont make it any better to completely cunt someone off on the net than it does their face, just people do as its safer.

With an attitude like youve shown on every post of this thread, no wonder its like it is. Read your posts here, you look like a stroppy dickhead on all of them, soon as anyone disagrees with you you give them abuse and get all arsey.

And now started giving out the abuse, id fucking disagree with you even if you was in the right.

Bet every other windscreen fitter in the universe got mega tips, blowjobs, presents, allsorts
Old 26-12-2006, 12:09 PM
coco16i

Thrush,

Thanks you Mike....my point exactly.... i didnt say you were getting doible/triple time... i said thats what OTHER people were ranting on about
Sorry Coco - I misinterrpeted what you wote! My bad! Now I understand it, thanks for understanding me
No prob mate

Didnt take long for this thread to get out of hand did it !!!
Old 26-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

[quote="Stavros"]
Bet every other windscreen fitter in the universe got mega tips, blowjobs, presents, allsorts
I bet they did aswell
Old 26-12-2006, 12:10 PM
dojj

better than eastenders this

we'll have phil and grant here next getting involved in a barney

slipt this post down to the basics and you will see that:

thush has posted like a miserable coont because some bint fucked him about

other have posted replies along the lines of "shut the fook up you miserable coont, it's your job do it and then fook off home to your cold dinner"

then you have another contigent that is camped on the "you dumb fooks, can't you read, he's moaning like a 50;s school teacher because he didn't get a thank you"

there are only a few who have realised that the whole post was about people no appreciating the fact that someone has come out on chrimbo day to solve their problem and the least they could do is be appreciatative of that fact with a "thank you kind sir, you have fixed my window, merry christams to you"
Old 26-12-2006, 12:12 PM
dojj

And now started giving out the abuse, id fucking disagree with you even if you was in the right.
carefull there buddy, you'll have the grammer police onto you
coco16i

Originally Posted by dojj
better than eastenders this

we'll have phil and grant here next getting involved in a barney

slipt this post down to the basics and you will see that:

thush has posted like a miserable coont because some bint fucked him about

other have posted replies along the lines of "shut the fook up you miserable coont, it's your job do it and then fook off home to your cold dinner"

then you have another contigent that is camped on the "you dumb fooks, can't you read, he's moaning like a 50;s school teacher because he didn't get a thank you"

there are only a few who have realised that the whole post was about people no appreciating the fact that someone has come out on chrimbo day to solve their problem and the least they could do is be appreciatative of that fact with a "thank you kind sir, you have fixed my window, merry christams to you"

Well said that man Dojj !!!
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

and if you volunteered to work christmas day in the first place for no extra pay then you got what you deserve
Old 26-12-2006, 12:13 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im joe it says it in my name over there on the left....

Second - when did I say I spoke to the last women in an arsey way? I NEVER spoke to her in an arsey way. Specially not before the job like you imply. With you not being there, I beg to question how you know what tone I used in what I said.

Like you say you didnt talk to her in an arsey way BEFORE the job but i bet you made up for it after she fucked ya about.....Good attitude, dont get what you want so throw ya toys out....

Lastly - as I keep mentioning - I didn't HAVE to do any of it, I CHOSE to go out and help these peeps. I could sit at home all day with a beer saying no to jobs and I get paid anyway - so tell me how my going out to them to help them isn't worth a thanks?

COZ IT IS YOUR JOB FFS some people expect a fucking huge slap on the back for doing the job they chose and the job they get paid for. Its not as if you are saving lives or helping starving kids, you fitted a fucking window, big fucking deal!!!!!!!!!

And no, I don't want it all - I simply want a fucking thanks from someone for whom I have sweated and bled for, so that they don't have too. It's called POLITENESS
Let me again try to explain in simple terms...they dont care if you have left ya family at home and missed dinner..........GROW UP!
Old 26-12-2006, 12:13 PM
coco16i

carefull there buddy, you'll have the grammer police onto you

Holy shit this place cracks me up at times!!!!
Old 26-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Im joe it says it in my name over there on the left....

Like you say you didnt talk to her in an arsey way BEFORE the job but i bet you made up for it after she fucked ya about.....Good attitude, dont get what you want so throw ya toys out....

COZ IT IS YOUR JOB FFS some people expect a fucking huge slap on the back for doing the job they chose and the job they get paid for. Its not as if you are saving lives or helping starving kids, you fitted a fucking window, big fucking deal!!!!!!!!!

Let me again try to explain in simple terms...they dont care if you have left ya family at home and missed dinner..........GROW UP!
No no, I agree with you - I agree it is pretty apparent they don't care in the slightest. Not sure why you are telling me this tho, as I already know this.

But explain to me how I am being childish by expecting a THANK YOU for helping them out?
Old 26-12-2006, 12:26 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Look other then the last million posts about people not agreeing with you and you changing the goalposts slightly you dont EXPECT them to be nice and say thanks/pay a tip so why get arsey when they dont say thanks/tip ya....

You should go there and treat each person on their individual merits, if they a cunt then treat them like cunts if they nce then return it.....

And the reason im saying grow up is that i presume this isnt the first time you have been wronged by some one in your life so why the big reaction on this one occasion.....Grow up let it pass you by and get on with the rest of your christmas......
Old 26-12-2006, 12:26 PM
dojj

But explain to me how I am being childish by expecting a THANK YOU for helping them out?
perhaps the word you are looking for there mate is "optomistic"
Old 26-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

perhaps the word you are looking for there mate is "optomistic"
Perhaps its even "optimistic"
Old 26-12-2006, 12:40 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Thrush, i don't have an issue with you at all and you're always up for a good discussion about 'real' music and the like but don't you realise when you put a post up then people can and will post on any element of it. For whatever reason, if they don't argree with that part or if they want to wind you up.

It seems to me you are just getting worse, seriously it has obviously got to you more than most and i sugest you don't bother looking in this thread again if thats how you are going to get.

We don't know how you were on the day and your attitude just like we don't know how a tuner or customer was on the day when they post up "****** whatever motorsport conned, me ripped me off and was rude" But still everyone will post up they're view.

What i will say is that if you had a choice and then why bother, i don't care how much the desire to help others is familly on that day comes first, besides its not as if you are saving their life or rescuing them, its just a window. IF IT WAS ME and i had to do it (ot choice) then it would piss me off even if just a little, this could have a bearing on my attitude on the job.

^Hence the saying don't take your problems to work, little hard with the above, for most!

Just go and enjoy your boxing day mate. Blow of some steem.

Old 26-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Look other then the last million posts about people not agreeing with you and you changing the goalposts slightly you dont EXPECT them to be nice and say thanks/pay a tip so why get arsey when they dont say thanks/tip ya....

You should go there and treat each person on their individual merits, if they a cunt then treat them like cunts if they nce then return it.....

And the reason im saying grow up is that i presume this isnt the first time you have been wronged by some one in your life so why the big reaction on this one occasion.....Grow up let it pass you by and get on with the rest of your christmas......
I did say I didn't expect a tip - but I never said I didn't expect reasonable courtesy and politeness from people! I mean it doens't cost anything does it? And I fail to see how I am moving goalposts aswell - this thread has always been about people being ungratefull and rude when you do them a service/help them out.

But I don't subscribe to the "eye for an eye" philosophy I'm afraid. I treat all people politely, even if they do treat me like a cunt. I might become less "friendly" with them (ie, not make conversation, jokes etc) but I still maintain a civil tongue and behave in a polite and professional manner - thats how I was brought up, and how I behave in my job.

It doesnt'affect the rest of my xmas either - the poeple coming on here calling me a cunt cos I expected someone to be polite to me does tho.....
Old 26-12-2006, 01:17 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

It doesnt'affect the rest of my xmas either - the poeple coming on here calling me a cunt cos I expected someone to be polite to me does tho.....

You cunt!
Old 26-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry mate but how did YOU choose to go out to them , how did they contact you on christmas day,,,,, im assumung you are REQUIRED to work that day,,,,, its almost like me telling my boss i CHOOS to come to work,,,,, they should be gratefull im there 30 mins late as i wasnt gonna actually show up as i could have called in sick and got paied anyway

mate they called you as you was working,,,,,,, you couldnt have chosen not to take on the work without NOT doing you job which is NOT what you signed up for when you joined

ALSO if you dont get paied extra for overtime/working public holidays ( which im sure isnt true as even halfords staff get time and a half for that and they are another company who are contracted to work everyday even christmas day due to there motortrade link) if you dont get paied that mate its time to move to another company mate,,,,, as your job dont pay well,,,, your company gets HUGE amounts of money by ripping off insurance companys with there fees,,,, we do pay them when our insurances go up btw,,,, we just dont account it as they rip us off anyway

you was paied to be at work,,,,,, thats the harsh line of it,,,,,,, infact if you was on call why arrange to have a family dinner and then moan when its cold,,,, would have been better off having your family arrange it round you,,,,,, christ my old man worked almost every christmas eve night till christmas day at 6am and we had to wait for him to wake up to open the presents,,,,, its a bitch but we understood he done those nights to get a BIG pay cheque and pay for our presents,,,, least we could do was allow him to watch us open em

i had my chistmas dinner at 4pm yesturday as the missus went to visit her mums grave and her family poped into the pub for a drink for her,,,, wasnt planned BUT i got over it

maybe you should be a little laid back about things mate as it seems you fly off the handle with people you aint got a clue about cause they are telling you what THEY think and you dont agree

if you dont want there opinion then maybe dont shout about it at your local pub/ interweb site,,,,,,,, simple option tbh

as for helping people,,,,, how many times have you actually helped a member on here for no reason and no personal game for a nobody on this site where there screen is busted ?

not many people on here actually have the time to help people and ive also helped people on here who i thought was friends to actually be fucked over by them and have them also not answer there phones to me when they answer to others i know,,,,,, fact of life mate is EVERYONE is a cunt,,,,, even you and me at times !

i just accept when i get screwed over as respect that ive done it in the past as im sure you have done something to others too that they didnt like !
Old 26-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

FFS ginge, how many times do people need to tell you, one or two fucking paragraphs, PLEASE
Old 26-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

steve,,,,, i aint bothered,,,, hes whining was getting to me and he didnt seem to understand the short paragraphs !!!

i was also gonna get a few pictures aswell to get the point across

he worked christmas day and is complaining that hes not treated like the white knight he belived he was for working that day....... cause to others hes a bloke being paied to do a job they cant do

bet he aint called ITV and thanked them yet for sticking on good tv programs lastnight ?

wonder if he tipped the doorman at chans on christmas eve for opening the door

ok im about to write a long answer again so i WILL resist
Old 26-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

see, that one was shorter, and I read it, and scarily enough, i agree!

i might even agree with the other one too, but like sooo many of your posts, they so long, they dont get read
Old 26-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

its a bit like the adverts in all the car mags,,,,, i never read them,,,,,,,,,,,,

i tried to read some womens mag the missus buys and thats fucking WORSE,,,, theres a add on EVERY OTHER PAGE apart from the pages that have a 2page or more add

think my posts are minor with that taken into account
Old 26-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Glen1909
PassionFord Regular

I think you all need to get out more, make it a new years resolution or something:

'will spend less time being abusive to other members of pf....'

No doubt this will open me up to a whole string of abuse but im not too bothered cos im going outside.

However like the rest of you im going to give me two cents:

Whether or not this thread is about tipping I think if someone wants to tip someone they can choose to, and if someone wants to bitch about not being tipped for something, that is up to them as well.

I cannot understand how you could do a job for someone and them not have the courtesy to say thanks. I would have to concentrate not to say thanks automatically. I think its funny sometimes in work (claims call centre thingy) when people phone up and you tell them something isnt covered and they are unhappy but they say thanks anyway automatically even though if they had thought things through they would not have said it.

You seem to have found yourselves some ungrateful twats. My advice is simple, in light of your crap experiences, next year just get drunk and have nice crimbo, peoples windscreens can wait till tomorrow.
Old 26-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Dave_Hay
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by topaz
christmas day or not, i still wouldnt of tipped for a windscreen fitment.

then again, i would of waited till after boxing day to book an apointment.

i would imagine a windscreen fitter would be on double time on xmas day anyway.
Nope, we are not. We are on double bonus per job, but of course the ammount of jobs are garanteed. Standard rate for me all day + call out bonus. So a tip would have come in nice, as a little gesture, or token of appreciation for having sweated and bled for them to provide a service when I could be sitting at home eating turky and drinking beer!
so a bonus for 4 jobs from company ok not double time but your getting paid extra for the hours of work you did

being abusive to people who disagree with you is pathetic and makes you sound like a keyboard warrior - im not trying to get into a slagging match but i believe in my point of view.

the national company has a huge role to play in it. Corporate companies are now mainstream and "people" are left out. The reason you didnt get tipped was because you work for a huge company and could have been anyone doing the job - no1 phoned you up personally and said hey could you do us a favour........ they phoned a national company on a holiday. - blame the company for sending you out on the super important religous holiday youve taken.

quite frankly i wouldnt have tipped(you have said you dont care about tips but you mention them enough) as ive already said but i would have been courteous. However, if your attitude is the same in person as on here im suprised you get any thanks at all. How are people to know methods of payment when they just call to get glass fitted?

Im not getting into a slagging match but you clearly think because you worked christmas day people should automatically bend over and be nice - WHY? you dont change their life with your work. they dont know you on a personal level and you could have been any of a number of people called to do the work.

If your not religous you shouldnt complain about working christmas day

i do agree its the least they could do is say thanks but hey whats it matter. you do the job your getting paid - not as if your wanting to buy them a drink or anything?

Quick Reply: The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...