General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...

Search this Thread

Old 25-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont belive in tipping.

ive worked in a restaurent washing dishes for 8 hour shifts constantly doing the same thing over and over in boiling hot temperatures and suffering from minor burns, whilst the waiter (and the fit waitress who gets even more tips) gets all the tips and does about 50% of the workload that i used to do per hour.

why should they get tipped and not me after all if i wasnt washing their dishes no one would get served ?

if you came to my house to do my window id be polite. if you came on xmas day id supply you with free cups of tea. would i tip you ? no because ive paid for your missed hour with the money ive given the company youve worked for.
Old 25-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Rhys said,
We pretty much always tip here for just about everything. Some places (restaurants) already include a tip especially for a large group of people.

Me I would have thanked Thrush for doing "ME" a great service and going out of his way to do something today that can easily be done tomorrow. If it needed to be done today then a good tip should be in order. If the office is closed then obviously he's on call (??) so yes I'm talking him away from home/family. I know they're pissed off cause some pikey cunt broke their window of Christmas, but I don't see them being worse of then the fitter who actually has to do it. They make a call, fitter arrives, exchange words.. fitter is outside doing the work, they're back inside watching tv/having dinner/getting laid, etc,etc...

I'm with Thrush... Maybe no Tip (since it's not the norm over there) but at the very least be greatful. Where's the Christmas spirit?
Old 25-12-2006, 09:19 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porsche911r101

ive worked in a restaurent washing dishes for 8 hour shifts constantly doing the same thing over and over in boiling hot temperatures and suffering from minor burns, whilst the waiter (and the fit waitress who gets even more tips) gets all the tips and does about 50% of the workload that i used to do per hour.

why should they get tipped and not me after all if i wasnt washing their dishes no one would get served ?

if you came to my house to do my window id be polite. if you came on xmas day id supply you with free cups of tea. would i tip you ? no because ive paid for your missed hour with the money ive given the company youve worked for.

I do waiting in Cardiff city centre and all the one chef do is moan about how we get tips. He is on more per hour and gets bonuses, we dont. If its so cushty being a waiter why dont they be one
Old 25-12-2006, 09:23 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i dont tip anyone for doing their job as i wouldnt expect a tip for doing my job but i will always be friendly and courteous when ever dealing with anyone.unless they have an attitude problem themselves of course.good manners and the common courtesy to treat people with respect is something i do expect ,and give to others.
Old 25-12-2006, 09:24 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle
hence why i will never work near to the 24th, 25th or 26th of december.
you make it sound as if you've actually been to work this year mate

but i know what your saying
i got a HUGE bonus for working new years eve and new years day a few years back, Ł800 i think it came to when a normal day was only about Ł100 and for the money i would have put up with loads of shit
but some days you are off and in a mood and those days are the days when i work really hard to keep things in chekc
Old 25-12-2006, 09:30 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
i dont tip anyone for doing their job as i wouldnt expect a tip for doing my job but i will always be friendly and courteous when ever dealing with anyone.unless they have an attitude problem themselves of course.good manners and the common courtesy to treat people with respect is something i do expect ,and give to others.
not even at a restaurant where wages are dependant on tips
Old 25-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by PT

I do waiting in Cardiff city centre and all the one chef do is moan about how we get tips. He is on more per hour and gets bonuses, we dont. If its so cushty being a waiter why dont they be one
cos thats all there was, i was on 4.90 an hour!!! no tips

waiters were on 5.90 an hour plus tips, and did fuck all work tbh
Old 25-12-2006, 09:57 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fair does fella that would piss me right off
Old 25-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Anonymous
Banned

yeh especially as it was cash on hand i did 30 hours work in the week and only got Ł60

fucking cornish pub/resturants.

you live and learn tho dont you
Old 25-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Katie

I can't say I'd have neccessarily paid a ''monetary'' tip..but I'd have certainly offered a drink/mince pie etc to someone who'd come out on Christmas Day...but no different really to any day when somebody comes to fix the Washing Machine/Heating/RAC etc. Purely because I'd think
''If I'd been working all day, I'd like a drink''...however I wouldn't expect any money, so they wouldn't get it.

I do only tend to tip people when I'm impressed with something. If somebody does something well, a waiter etc, I'll tip them a fair bit, but if they are slow, rude...or as the last waitress did recently, sneeze on my dessert menu and not say anything...then no..

It costs nothing to say thank you and quite often gets you better service anyway...so I can't understand why some people can be rude in that way.
Old 25-12-2006, 10:59 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

From my experience of various delivery jobs in the past, working for companies ranging from Comet to Laura Ashley, its always the ppl you'd least expect who tip you, usually the elderly and average joe, when you know they haven't got cash growing on trees. The well off hardly ever seem to bother. With Laura Ashley we were delivering furniture, from a single item to upto Ł15k worth at a time, to the kind of ppl you'd call upper class, and you'd be lucky to get even so much as a cup of tea!
Old 25-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but i ALWAYS tip,,,, i tip my hair dresser every month,,, first time i done it he was confused as he actually rushed me and got funny when i asked for a shave,,,,, now he looks after me spot on offering me coffee ect knowing i ALWAYS turn it down,,,,,

BUT im a working class bloke who understands what smile a 5 quid tip sticks on a blokes face whos not expecting it,,,,, ive had tips in other jobs ranging upto 100 quid before and the feeling inside is more important than the money,,,,, infact when ever ive got a tip i always share it at work anyway as it also shares the feeling,,,,,, i get tips at my job on average of 2 a week,,, about 20 to 40 quid i get on average and i always buy a round of coffees that comes to more than the tip but its good morale and now all the staff do it at my place,,,, its a nicer feeling having a guy buy YOU a drink when he gets a tip rather than you hating the lucky cunt

anyway i also always tip the AA,,,,, but only the real patrol people as the contractors are generally wankers and ive NEVER had a good service by them,,,, which is why the AA now send patrol people when i call em and request it,,,,, they get LOADS of tips and get paied well,,,, the tow people get ok money but not as good as patrol so when the cars fucked and cant start i tip the truck driver,,,,,, but they DO deserve it when you see what can happen to them poor fuckers on motorway breakdowns !!!!

tipping in hotels./resturants,,,,,, sorry but i dont,,,,, unless theres a few of us as thats the ONLY time you get looked after and even then id prefer all the staff who helped on the meal got a drink rather than the dippy waitress who cant remember the fucking orders so YOU have to point em out

hell when we went frankie and bennies the fuckers never even MADE MY FUCKING MEAL !!!!,,,, they said the meal i ordered wasnt available and i must change it and then they just never ordered it,,,,,, i still tipped them for the missus meal as i wasnt actually hungry but id never wanna be served by that bloke again

tipping windscreen fitters,,,,,, tough one as most of em are rougeish type chappys and i would assume they would have there tip when they feel down the backs of my seats forn loose change when there " hoovering " the car clean

oh and ive done jobs for people im not ment to and not even got a thanks for it,,,, infact one time i popped out to help a bloke and told him what the problem was and he needed a new bonnet lock,,,, i sold him one and then he went to a garage to get it fitted who managed to give him a lock he had spare foc just charged him for fitting,,,,, then the same wanker brings the lock back demanding a refund saying that he dont need it and i told him it was ordered special and he STILL went off on one,,,,, he actually wrote in and complained about me,,,,,, this is a bloke i went out of my way to help and in all honesty i aint got a clue why i never stuck it up the cunts nose

so after that long story about life,,,,,, my summery is you do a job,,, you dont get thanks get over it as your getting paid,,,,,,,,,,, he wants extra help tell him the price before and dont do work for free as you aint gonna get thanks for it in this life so addapt to it and when you do THEN its appriciated
Old 25-12-2006, 11:33 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge do one sentence answers for fooks sake
Old 25-12-2006, 11:36 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by aduz
ginge do one sentence answers for fooks sake
pmsl
Old 25-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but there was alot to say in that one
Old 25-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Katie

He probably made some good points but there's just so bloody much of it nobody can be arsed to read it all.
Old 25-12-2006, 11:40 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
BUT im a working class bloke who understands what smile a 5 quid tip sticks on a blokes face whos not expecting it,,,,, ive had tips in other jobs ranging upto 100 quid before and the feeling inside is more important than the money,
Exactly, i used to get tipped alot in my last job and although not often it makes you happy knowing that the service you provided was so good the person tipped you for it.

The other side of the coin is as you say, when you really go out of your way to help someone and you think to yourself, they're gonna be pleased with this and although you're not expecting a tip you think to yourself there gonna be happy with the service and they don't thank you at all or even worse inspect the job with a fine tooth coombe to try and find something amiss

Would i have tipped you? if you were nice enough and i had the money then yeah, i don't really care how much money you're on or getting for the job or how much your company is fleecing me for if you have done a good job then you'll be getting a tip afterwards.

Someone above said i wouldn't tip a mechanic/glass fitter, well, why? if i was happy with the service i'd tip them regardless.
Old 25-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

kaite,,,, theres nothing in that reply to do with the thread,,,,im just making dirty remarks about you and calling you names in the reply,,,,, good job you never read it hey
Old 25-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Got Ł90 today for doing 1hrs work.. oh yeah
Old 25-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by Ginge !
kaite,,,, theres nothing in that reply to do with the thread,,,,im just making dirty remarks about you and calling you names in the reply,,,,, good job you never read it hey
I don't have to write my insults to you down in a long winded fuss arse fashion to know I've thought them

Only joking, would I insult you? Never ever!
Old 25-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Flip2k3
Got Ł90 today for doing 1hrs work.. oh yeah
ahhhhhh,,,, the joys of being a rent boy
Old 26-12-2006, 01:37 AM
cossiemen
Whassup

Originally Posted by Trush
People in this country need to learn some fucking manners
Dude, fookin same thing overhere!

Anyway, a Merry Christmas to you mate.
Old 26-12-2006, 02:13 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Looks like I have been mis-interrpreted again

I wasn't bitching about the fact I didn't get any tips. It's a little dissapointing - throughout the year I get people tip me for jobs - got a girl yesterday tip me Ł5 for squeezing her in to have her window fitted.

I know if I was the customer and someone came out to me on xmas day, I would tip them...

But the point of the thread was how 3 out of 4 of my customers - including 1 that put me out completely, and messed me around - didn't even acknowledge a thankyou for me sorting them out! And lets face it, I didn't HAVE to come out to do them - it's entirely at my disgresion! All my customers were actually supposed to come in to my branch (meet me there) to have it done, but I went the extra mile and came to them so we didn't have both me AND the customer away from our familes on xmas day....

But it's the complete lack of thanks and aknowledgement of being gratefull thats fucked me off today....

Seems to me like that is the case though, IE. you are riled up because you didn't get tipped on Chrismas period when your analysis was that you performed well, so you merely put a front about it about the lack (so you say) of appreciation. .

I think too many people expect tips after a while just because they get it occassionally from some being generous. Its human nature, even a paper boy would be expecting tips from the old codgers.

I WOULD NOT have tipped you, why should i? I couldn't care if you were working the best that day that you ever have for your company, the fact remains that you get paid hourly already and manybe even a Christmas bonus to boot. Far more fortunate than some people out there so just be greatful for your health and what you have finacially.

I refer to Steve Buscemi in resevoir dogs. The worlds smallest violin playing just for the windscreen fitters.

Old 26-12-2006, 02:21 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh and my opinion is also influenced because we once had a carpet fitter round after spending loads on carpets for various rooms in the house and not only were we polite and give him refresments like tea and coffee but he demanded some food as well, which i thought was rather taking the piss a bit.

Then when he tried to charge us for an extra gripper saying they were his and not the companys he stormed off and slammed the door.

If you earn money, PH or Salary then you can sod off if you think you're getting a tip, regardless of job.
Old 26-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

But you don't give my company any money. THe money you pay is your insurance excess - you are paying it to your insurance company, not to Autoglass.....
Old 26-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by skeg
Looks like I have been mis-interrpreted again

I wasn't bitching about the fact I didn't get any tips. It's a little dissapointing - throughout the year I get people tip me for jobs - got a girl yesterday tip me Ł5 for squeezing her in to have her window fitted.

I know if I was the customer and someone came out to me on xmas day, I would tip them...

But the point of the thread was how 3 out of 4 of my customers - including 1 that put me out completely, and messed me around - didn't even acknowledge a thankyou for me sorting them out! And lets face it, I didn't HAVE to come out to do them - it's entirely at my disgresion! All my customers were actually supposed to come in to my branch (meet me there) to have it done, but I went the extra mile and came to them so we didn't have both me AND the customer away from our familes on xmas day....

But it's the complete lack of thanks and aknowledgement of being gratefull thats fucked me off today....

Seems to me like that is the case though, IE. you are riled up because you didn't get tipped on Chrismas period when your analysis was that you performed well, so you merely put a front about it about the lack (so you say) of appreciation. .

I think too many people expect tips after a while just because they get it occassionally from some being generous. Its human nature, even a paper boy would be expecting tips from the old codgers.

I WOULD NOT have tipped you, why should i? I couldn't care if you were working the best that day that you ever have for your company, the fact remains that you get paid hourly already and manybe even a Christmas bonus to boot. Far more fortunate than some people out there so just be greatful for your health and what you have finacially.

I refer to Steve Buscemi in resevoir dogs. The worlds smallest violin playing just for the windscreen fitters.

Erm - who the fuck are you? Sigment fucking Freud? Telling me my thread is about not being tipped and that being narked about not being thanked was a front? Fuck off

The thread was put up cos I was really fucked off by my last customer - the one that couldn't be bothered to come open the gates for me, couldn't be bothered meet me by her car, didn't have any money on here when she knew an hour previous how much it would cost, made me wait while she went to the cash point, then told me she wanted it done 2morrow anyway to get it cheaper - and then never once uttered a single word of thanks once I had done it, just tutted a lot and kissed her teeth

Thats why this thread went up. I knew fro mthe moment I rang her up when I was on my way to her I wasn't getting a tip. As said, you can't always tell who might, but you can sure as shit tell who won't!
Old 26-12-2006, 08:28 AM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i know the excess doesnt go to u but the way im seeing it is im paying for a service through my insurance company.........i wouldnt have called autoglass on xmas or boxin day unless it was an emergency i would have made u a brew.fed u and been very sorry that u were there intead of at home with ur family and i would have said thankyou more than once
Old 26-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by PAULDPALMER
i know the excess doesnt go to u but the way im seeing it is im paying for a service through my insurance company.........i wouldnt have called autoglass on xmas or boxin day unless it was an emergency i would have made u a brew.fed u and been very sorry that u were there intead of at home with ur family and i would have said thankyou more than once
And I do understand that Paul - which is why I had to make and edit to the initial post to express this INS'T about tipping but about gratitude...

I know I wouldn't call anyone out xmas day unless it was a real emergency either - which is why I worked it : I would going out to help people who have a genuine emergency. Like (for example) a young family wake up xm morn and get ready to drive to their folks home for xmas day only to find some pikey cunt smashed their window. Now they need my help : they need me to go there, put a new window in and clean up all the glass.

But someone who's car is in a locked, private carpark, under surveilance, doesn't really need to call me out xmas day for a window, when they own't be using the car do they? Thats just being awkward for the sake of it....
Old 26-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

A little bit of thanks goes a long way
Old 26-12-2006, 10:19 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavros
you not doing it for charity, or for punishment, you CHOOSE to do it to get paid, so i dont see how you can cry about it.

im SURE they not loving fucking about having THEIR xmas day ruined by a broken window, and unlike you, they not choosing for it to happen...
Thats right Steve, I did choose to do it. And I get paid for it. Not greatly, but I do get paid.

But that doesn't stop people from simply saying THANK YOU
Guy 1 - "nice as pie"

Guy 2 - muppet

Guy 3 - actually did say thanks

number 4 - probably proper pissed that a huge company like that can't take a card? I swear my local burger van takes plastic - it would have annoyed me too.

So, 2 out of 4 actually did thank you, and the 3rd was probably due to the problems with your company. But it's not about the tips, it's about the thanks

You've got to remember that on Christmas day people have probably got a hell of a lot planned and as Steve has said, don't need a broken window screwing it up.

I do however agree on the ones that couldn't be arsed to make you a cup of tea or whatever...
Old 26-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by St3V3_C
Originally Posted by Stavros
you not doing it for charity, or for punishment, you CHOOSE to do it to get paid, so i dont see how you can cry about it.

im SURE they not loving fucking about having THEIR xmas day ruined by a broken window, and unlike you, they not choosing for it to happen...
Thats right Steve, I did choose to do it. And I get paid for it. Not greatly, but I do get paid.

But that doesn't stop people from simply saying THANK YOU
Guy 1 - "nice as pie"

Guy 2 - muppet

Guy 3 - actually did say thanks

number 4 - probably proper pissed that a huge company like that can't take a card? I swear my local burger van takes plastic - it would have annoyed me too.

So, 2 out of 4 actually did thank you, and the 3rd was probably due to the problems with your company. But it's not about the tips, it's about the thanks

You've got to remember that on Christmas day people have probably got a hell of a lot planned and as Steve has said, don't need a broken window screwing it up.

I do however agree on the ones that couldn't be arsed to make you a cup of tea or whatever...
How is not being able to take a cheque from the customer problems with my company? 1) she wanted to pay Ł200 on a cheque qith only a Ł50 garantee card. Not gonna happen is it? 2)then wants to pay with plastic - well I am not a bank and I don't carry a card reader around with me and have a dedicated bank phoneline to plug into where ever I go do i? So what am I supposed to do? take the card details, and hope that when it gets billed, there is enough money in the account? What happens when there isn't? I'm the one who gets in trouble and loses out - not the customer. And I can't even ring it through to my office as they are closed on xmas day - I'm out on my own

You tell me how that is all my fault
Old 26-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

cos thats all there was, i was on 4.90 an hour!!! no tips
yeh especially as it was cash on hand i did 30 hours work in the week and only got Ł60

fucking cornish pub/resturants.

you live and learn tho dont you
Then you got bumped mate. 30x Ł4.90 = Ł147.... So if you only got Ł60 you got done over. 60 divided by 30 = Ł2 per hour......
Old 26-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Dave_Hay
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

no offense but christmas day is just another day - did you go to church?

everyone says christmas is such a big deal but its a religous holiday and 3/4 of country arent even religous and just want time off

you got paid extra for working a holiday - bonus enough to me.

and for the other side of the coin people will phone in and ask for a replacement window anytime of the year and most probably over the holiday period because they know people work weird hours and there is backlogs. Just cos its christmas doesnt mean they have to wait over a week to get glass fixed. Remember its hardly a big job to them even though it may be a lot of work to you - not everyones educated on your work.

Bang out of order having a moan about having to do your job. I dont even like tipping in places like tgf/pizza hut. There job isnt exactly hard in putting fast food on a table.

The morals of this country are completely wrong and as a person id have asked if you fancied a cuppa at least and tanked you as you left. Expecting thanks cos you can do your job isnt exactly a nice thing either.
Old 26-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

What do you do for living? If you came out to me and did something that got me out of trouble and allowed me to carry on with my day without lifting a finger, and then I didn't even say "thank you" you would be okay with that?

It's RUDE. THats what I am getting at in this thread. How much does it cost to be POLITE, and GRATEFUL? Anyone one time I got a call yesterday I could have said "nah bollox, I don't fancy going out and helping people" and I would have got paid anyway.

If someone holds a door open for you, you say thanks. If someone says happy birthday to you, you say thanks. If you go into Burger King to buy some food and the girl hands you the bag, you say thanks.

So tell me just what the fuck isn't "a nice thing" about expecting a simple thank you for sorting their window out for them?

Think this thread has proved just how ungratefull people actually are...
Old 26-12-2006, 10:55 AM
CJBear
Part of the Furniture

Really hate tipping on basis i cannot afford too, i mean someone whos just doing there job why should i give extra money ontop of a thank you you can all swivel on my index finger! Iv only tipped if i felt someones gone out there way on my behalf and deserved it and for the guy whos working xmas day im sure its part of his job too cover those public holidays? and really just doing his job and for impolite customers then again its xmas day people dont need the stress of having to fix a broken window or maybe entertaining family and cannot be out waiting for half an hour while the jobs done.
Old 26-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Dave_Hay
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

What do you do for living? If you came out to me and did something that got me out of trouble and allowed me to carry on with my day without lifting a finger, and then I didn't even say "thank you" you would be okay with that?

It's RUDE. THats what I am getting at in this thread. How much does it cost to be POLITE, and GRATEFUL? Anyone one time I got a call yesterday I could have said "nah bollox, I don't fancy going out and helping people" and I would have got paid anyway.

If someone holds a door open for you, you say thanks. If someone says happy birthday to you, you say thanks. If you go into Burger King to buy some food and the girl hands you the bag, you say thanks.

So tell me just what the fuck isn't "a nice thing" about expecting a simple thank you for sorting their window out for them?

your doing your job - if you werent working for a national company and not getting paid double im sure a damn site more people would tip you and offer you food/cuppa. It is RUDE to complain as much as it is to say thanks.

What i do is niether here nor there.
Old 26-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always tip when getting hair cuts take away deliverys ect ect and even more so at xmas why not

And as i'm a milkman I normally get over a grand in tips at xmas
Old 26-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Dave_Hay

your doing your job - if you werent working for a national company and not getting paid double im sure a damn site more people would tip you and offer you food/cuppa. It is RUDE to complain as much as it is to say thanks.

What i do is niether here nor there.
FFS, how many times do I have to say it? I am not getting paid double!! Why can't you fucking people read? And why assume cos it's xmas I am getting paid double - you yourself said the day is no big deal, so why assume I am getting paid double?

In my company, there is no such thing as overtime. You work past your scheduled hours you don't get paid full stop, not even standard rate. Bank holidays you get paid normal rate - if you aren't in, you don't get paid. None of this "in leu of" bollox either.

And why should be working for a national company have any bearing on it? What is the difference if I work for myself as a one man operation or for a national company? I still do the same thing don't i?

And I think you will actually find it is my goddam perogative to complain when people treat you like shit and are rude and unappreciative to your face when you have gone out of your way to help them. As I said, I didn't HAVE to go out to them at all. I didn't HAVE to do the job for them. I didn't HAVE to sit around for another half hour waiting for them to sort their unorganised shit out. At any point I could have said "fuck off" and stayed in and had a few beers like virtually every other cunt on xmas day.

But I am not like that - I like to help people, I like to do what I can...

Every customer was supposed to drive into my branch to have work done yesterday, but instead of inconvinienceing(sp) them I went out to their address for each and every one (cept the first as he drove in before I could ring him and tell him to stay home)

So fuck off with your holier than thou attitude pal - your classing yourself in the same boat as the ungratefull cunts I have to deal with on a daily basis....
Old 26-12-2006, 11:22 AM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always tip people that provide a friendly and efficient service, no matter what trade they are in. If they do a good job for you and you are happy with the service provided then a tip of some sort is justified i reckon.

The manners of people these days though has gone down the toilet IMHO Im always on at my 2 kids to say please and thank you all the time and prob the most common saying in our house is "manners dont cost anything"

Being called away from your family on xmas day to provide an emergency service to someone in a desperate situation ( and by desperate i mean cant wait till tomorrow ) does not guarantee a tip but should def have warranted a serious amount of gratitude and thanks. If i was in your situation im sure not getting a tip would not have bothered me in the slightest but the lack of manners and gratitude would have pissed me off hugely

I agree with all you have said in this thread Thrush and you are quite right to have a rant about the level of manners and common courtesy being way below par these days, guess im just old school as well eh !!!

Thank you please
Old 26-12-2006, 11:22 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i love this place!

its one of the only places were everything gets taken out of proportion

yea its an inconvenience having to have your window replaced. however, if it could wait until tomorrow, then why do it today?

People seem to be enphasising on the tip thing, when it seems tips arent high on thrush's moan list when compared to a thanks.

I was brought up to be polite, so always say please and thanks. Even if the person has riled me up i say thanks, perhaps rudely, but thanks!

Myself? I wasnt driving yesterday, and i'd of known what time you were coming, so i would've planned my day around it. and what does it take to fit a window? 30 mins to 1 hour? hardly a fucking life time is it!

I would've offered tea/coffee, perhaps something to eat had you arrived when food was on and you'd of left with some beers or tokens, as it would've been appreciated for you to come out on xmas day.

moral of the story?

got something to moan about? dont moan about it on PF cos you'll ALWAYS be wrong

Quick Reply: The level of courtesy in this country is pathetic...