General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mortgage advise for contractors....

Search this Thread

Old 18-12-2006, 01:08 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mortgage advise for contractors....

As above ive been contracting for a bank in london for the last 6 months and enjoy the job, money etc etc... Looks to be 100% safe for at least a year as well.

Thing is I have been offered a permanent position within the company but obviously the money is a fair bit less (circa 20k less!!), but obviously get the holiday/pensions/healthcare etc etc....

I'm looking at getting a mortgage during mid term next year and have heard it can be a pain in the butt getting one if im a contractor (most of the money stays in the business and i pay myself a small salary plus dividends, etc etc..). I've heard of self cert mortgages but also heard that a minimum 20% deposit is needed. Not good on a 200k mortgage!! The missus works as well (permanent) so if I were to stay contracting and lose the contract her money will cover everything (just!).

Is the above true or have i been fed shite by my bank (again!!!)

Chris
Old 18-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, my financial advisor has sorted countless mortgage out for friend who you would never suspect would get a mortgage. He is really good. You could phone him if you want and ask him as he is totally clued up on mortgage matters

let me know and i'll pm you his number
Old 18-12-2006, 01:22 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Trace, if you could pm me his number it would be great. Was toying with the idea of speaking to an advisor!

Chris
Old 18-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely worth it Chris. The deal he done for myself and Neil was fantastic (and could have got more if we didnt want to eat each month )

Will pm you his number. A very decent guy and down to earth and doesnt use big mortgagey type words to confuse you either

Hope you and the g/f have a good christmas

T x