General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

has anyone had a anxiety attack? gad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default has anyone had a anxiety attack? gad?

has anyone had an anxiety attack (sorry for spelling error ) or better known as GAD, i get it sometimes where if i feel uncomfortable i have to leave somewhere or step outside for 5 minutes.

think i may of suffered my first one yesterday, i was taken in the ambulance for really bad chest pains and found it hard to breathe. i was put on oxygen, had an ECG done to see if it was a heard attack and blood pressure taken.

my blood was tested for diabetes and reading was 5.6 , even though i had about 7 cans of redbull.

im ok now
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red Bull will have caused that..... it can cause anxiety because of Red Bull’s stimulating effects on the heart and blood pressure. The same as Pro Plus tabs, anything with larger doses of caffeine will do this.

Do a search on Google and I'm certain you'll find many results about the effects Red Bull has.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
Red Bull will have caused that..... it can cause anxiety because of Red Bull’s stimulating effects on the heart and blood pressure. The same as Pro Plus tabs, anything with larger doses of caffeine will do this.
oh i had the bad feeling in my chest before i started drinking the red bull.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have been there before. Caffeine does NOT help when u are feeling stressed out or anxious as it seems to reduce ur ability to calm urself down.

I get it less and less now and its usually manageable as I have just stick in at work and dealt with the pressures.

Tight chest, dry throat, tight throat etc, all signs I have had that is coming on. I just try and take a few deep breaths.

Thing is - my best work is always done when I am under pressure/stress so its a bit of a sucker situation. I suppose its learning how to see it coming but to stop yourself from spiraling into a crap situation

RW
Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by paceo
Originally Posted by Redkop
oh i had the bad feeling in my chest before i started drinking the red bull.
Not a very wise thing to do if you had the feeling before you drank Red Bull.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW

Tight chest, dry throat, tight throat etc, all signs I have had that is coming on. I just try and take a few deep breaths.

RW
exactly what i had mate! and i could not swallow!

had to see a paramedic as i thought it was a heart attack the pain was so bad.

whats causing it though?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Paceo,

I'm not sure I can tell u exactly whats causing it. IE - WHY those symptons? Doesn't make ANY sense to me at all - no matter that I have had these feelings as far back as 1995 with a bad period about 2001.

It seems to be our bodies subconcious reaction to pressure or to stress or worry.

The weird bit is that the more u acknowledge its happening the more u think about it and the worse it gets, if u were to do something 100% demanding of ur concentration it would probably go away in a second, Ie half way through a drift on a wet corner on the nurburgring.

I try and laugh at myself when it happens, its just ridiculous, as its so predictable and even then its not that easy to stop.

What were the circumstances? whats stressing u out or buggin u?

RW
Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 AM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Paceo,

I'm not sure I can tell u exactly whats causing it. IE - WHY those symptons? Doesn't make ANY sense to me at all - no matter that I have had these feelings as far back as 1995 with a bad period about 2001.

It seems to be our bodies subconcious reaction to pressure or to stress or worry.

The weird bit is that the more u acknowledge its happening the more u think about it and the worse it gets, if u were to do something 100% demanding of ur concentration it would probably go away in a second, Ie half way through a drift on a wet corner on the nurburgring.

I try and laugh at myself when it happens, its just ridiculous, as its so predictable and even then its not that easy to stop.

What were the circumstances? whats stressing u out or buggin u?

RW
exactly here, the more i thought about the pains in my chest the worse it got, its all in the mind.

however i do stress very very easily, no patients at all and lost my grandad in the last 2 weeks, but i have had these pains since that, but yesterday was the worst ive felt.

going to make a trip to the doctors to see if i can get anything to treat it.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I once went to the docs about it and they said my lungs heart etc were all mint. I didn't want a medical record that showed I was a psycho so just left it at that

U get a few mental excercises that help, imagining u are in a place that u relate to calmness and peace etc, they might go thru stuff like that with u, but that might lie more with a psychologist rather than a regular Doc.

I went through it worst after a major period of change so to speak, probably similar to u, when u have lost a loved one etc.

The body works in some pretty weird ways!

Good Luck!

RW
Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

I used to get them all the time even if i was just going out to the shop id have one *touches wood* I aint had one in ageees!

As for blood sugar, my last reading was 2.8
Old 10-12-2006, 06:13 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have these quite regularly, I really don't know why neither do the doctors, I lead an entirely stress free life, ie, beautiful missus we never have arguments, very healthy diet, go to gym lots, have no debts no mortgages, easy well paid low hours job even thought apparently the doctors say its down to stress and overworking myself, or problems with relationships.

It's weird ive just learnt to live with it and try get on.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:56 PM
ellicoss
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I used to get alot of this but never got the chest pains and all that i would come over real hot and my hands would sweat like mad still get them but not as bad have had them for about 7 year now trouble is that people that dont have them think your a bit mad as they dont understand how you feel