General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone ever been to Brixton Academy?

Search this Thread

Old 21-11-2006, 06:36 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever been to Brixton Academy?

Evening all, going to see The Killers on tuesday night at Brixton Academy, anyone been there? is there parking at the venue? should I get the tube there instead? is it really as dodgy around there late at night as my mate is making out? is it a big Venue? any good pubs nearby?

Cheers all,

Andy
Old 21-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw Black Eyed Peas there a while ago...

Is a rough area no doubt but stay in lit-up areas you'll be fine. I'd definitely take the tube personally parking very difficult.

Good Venue
Old 21-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

take the tube or park somewhere near but a few stops away on the train
Old 21-11-2006, 07:13 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take the tube. you wouldn't want to leave the a car round there. we saw prodigy there last year. there was blood splattered all over kfc's window and a bloke in a heap with paramedics all over the place.

still had a fillet burger tho
Old 21-11-2006, 07:15 PM
S1

Saw Placebo there a couple of years back. Deffo get the tube there.
Old 21-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Cannot remember how many times I have been there - lets just say it's a good few (more than you can count on two hands ) and seen soooooo many bands play there....

Am actually a bit pissed, as thanks to lack of money (this house saving lark is getting silly now!!! ) I missed Slayer and Lamb Of God there last night, and right now I am missing Motorhead there aswell

As said, deffo take tube, parking is a nightmare, and if you do find a place to park, car probably won't be there when you come back anyway....

It is dodgy, yes, and yes, there is street crime, pickpocketing, etc, but it's no worse than other "less desireable" area's of London. There are some bits of Tottenham, and even Walthamstow, that I would rather walk about Brixton than be in at night. Just watch your back, stay to main roads and well lit, as said, and you should be fine. Don't get lairy (ie, pissed up and noisey ) and watch youself in the tube station (mate had his wallet nicked in there, never even knew till it was gone!)
Old 21-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Been several times to see Paul weller , ocs , skunk anansie , great venue never seen or heard any trouble, never had trouble parking nearby.

Steve.

Trending Topics

Old 21-11-2006, 08:16 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Andy,

Drive to Hammersmith, park at the huge multistory there and then tube it in...

Done that LOADS of times.

Alex
Old 21-11-2006, 09:17 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AlexF
Andy,

Drive to Hammersmith, park at the huge multistory there and then tube it in...

Done that LOADS of times.

Alex

cheers Dude, a mate said exactly the same thing to me today, and judging by the above comments I think this is what I'll do. Have to catch up soon Dude, I'm on a course again at the mo, but catch up for a Beer next week yeh?

Cheers all, and thrush, I was gonna title this post "fao thrush" as I knew you'd of been there!lol.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy
Old 21-11-2006, 09:25 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

ok dude next week it is
Old 21-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Andy - I'm just gutted I wasn't there last night and tonight
Old 21-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

bit late now i guess bit its not as bad as people make out these days

brixton has had LOADS of money invested in the area thats helped to sort it out and i used to work at the office opposite there and ive NEVER had issues in brixton

infact i was about to buy a house there 2 months ago,,,,, just cause its quite a nice area these days

all this talk about cars not being there,,,,, if you go behind the police station theres a pub that the old bill drink it ( opposite the house i was gonna buy too but i backed out ) and theres a multi story carpark next door to that too but the REAL problem with brixton is the fact it bottle necks where the shops are and can take a hour to drive up to so train IS the quickest way there,,,,, means you can have a few beers too

but as said ive been brixton a few times and the REAL part where the rep comes from aint where the station/academey is

as for walthamstow/tottenham

thrush you need to see other areas mate,,,,, as harlesden is the ONLY area i shit my self in when it gets dark,,,,, everywhere else is cool tbh but then i also ive in finsbury park in the poor end of it ( read over looking highrise flats)

btw pukka venue
Old 21-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ginge - cars get nicked in Brixton all the time. Thats not just saying Brixton is shit - cars get nicked in Waltham Abbey where I live - and thats posh in comparrison But if you said to me would I rather live in Brixton or Chingford, I'll give you two guesses which I'd choose. Or if you said I can spend all night walking round Brixton or all night walking round say, Leytonstone - I choose Leytonstone.....

And yes, I do know other area's aren't great - but I was just naming too that I spend most of my time in - I get around a bit, Walthamstow, Leyton/Leytonstone, Hackney, Tottenham, Harringey, Highbury, Islington, Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Ally Pally, Enfield, Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington, a fair few places None of which I'd choose to live in mind
Old 21-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

thats cause your a big girl

oh and ill let you into a secret,,, the poor people dont rob the houses in the poor council estates,,,, they look for the posh parts near by us poor people can only afford cheap tat from the catalogue where the rich folk have stuff worth sell on,,,,,, oh and also its harder to sell a dvd player when you nicked if off the blokes neighbour

i was just mentioning that others who hype brixtion as being almost as bad as iraq,,,, its actually trendy place that i would consider moving too,,,, i never went for it as the traffic problems round there are mental

and also didnt wanna get woke up by drive-bys

hackney,,,, well THATS a shite area,,,,,, my manager lives there and was talking about he lives in the posh part,,,,,,, im sorry but in hackney your middle class if you got a job and dont qualify for housing benifit

just cause they can buy organic food in liddle dont mean you have shopped at marks and spencer for ya lunch

the only time i would park my car in hackney is when i have problems selling my car on ebay and insurance is almost due for renwel
Old 22-11-2006, 01:49 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !

and also didnt wanna get woke up by drive-bys

sounds as trendy as moss side
Old 22-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I wouldn't say Brixton was as bad as Iraq - but I also wouldn't say it's trendy either

And yes, Hackney is a complete shit hole.... Actually I think it has been officially classed as THE worst place to live in the whole of the UK....
Old 22-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yeah,,, BUT hackey town hall has thought of a BRILLIENT way to sort that issue

they aint adding more street lighting,,, they aint adding more services,,,, they aint even gonna increase the number of on street police

THEY HAVE AND THIS IT NO BOLLOX AS MU BOSS LIVES THERE

THEY ARE GIVING AWAY " I LOVE HACKNEY" BADGES AT THE TOWN HALL

yes im sure westminster council has callied a crisis meeting when they heard about that

seriously as he wears one on his jacket as he was offended when he heard that about hackney

but then hes house actualy ajoins to london fields and it worth 450k,,,, and even though he lives there hes shopping is done at marks and spencers in islington

in hackney if a girl is 21 and aint got aleast 1kid its cause shes either lebien or cant have em
Old 22-11-2006, 10:56 PM
vx220
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
Don't get lairy (ie, pissed up and noisey )
went to see NIN there, had a beer or two and was heard to loudly proclaim "I F#CKING HATE REGGAE!" as we got off the tube!

fortunately, i was with three bouncer/doorman/security guys, who picked me up and ran!
Old 22-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........