General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what the f*ck is this country coming to

Search this Thread

Old 14-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't need to describe to me what an immigrant is - but I am glad you have as a few people I am sure could do with a refresher!!

Anyway enough fun for me as the baby needs feeding!

Originally Posted by Thrush
Originally Posted by Dannn
LOL

I thought you clever than that - you just made yourself look like proper fool!!

Just out of interest could you describe what you perceive to be a typical immigrant - what country they come from, colour, race , religion ?

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
I have a question to all you clever peeps..............

What you do think of UK peeps that have emigrated to countries like AUS (was it popeye who did that recently from here?) ?

Do you think they should be rounded up and sent back to the UK ?

If you think its OK for them to stay there then please explain what is the different between them and immigrants in this country ?
Has pops gone over there and started to try to change aussies way of living and force his culture on them OR gone over there to FIT IN THERE WAY OF LIFE as he feels its a BETTER WAY OF LIFE! They come here as it is better way of life...but continue to live how they did at home!!!

ANSWERED!
Why does being an immigrant have to be about colour, race or religion. An immigrant is someone not native to the country they now reside in.

In my own opinion, an immigrant is someone who is in the country illegally, and is not supposed, or allowed to be here. Same thing as an illegal immigrant I guess.

You could be called James Smith, and be a natice of Texas in the USA, but if you are living in the UK illegally, then you are an immigrant. Or you could be called Bjorn and come from Sweden, but you living here illegally - you an immigrant!!!!
Old 14-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Dannn

...and your answer are ?

Originally Posted by RS2300 4x4

What you do think of UK peeps that have emigrated to countries like AUS (was it popeye who did that recently from here?) ?

If you think its OK for them to stay there then please explain what is the different between them and immigrants in this country ?
Are you one of the druggies who have just spent their payout on a broadband connection ?

Australia does not have a left wing politically correcty do gooding namby pamby government bending over backward to help the tossers and shit on the tax paying guy in the street.

People are moving there because this country is now a SHIT HOLE, they want to go because of the way of life and not to change it.

Mark
Old 14-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Just out of interest could you describe what you perceive to be a typical immigrant - what country they come from, colour, race , religion ?
Don't need to describe to me what an immigrant is
Make your fucking mind up

Now, my question to you is, why do you spout off about people bringing up race, religion, immigrants etc, when you then, yourself, incorporate the words "race", "colour" and "religion" into a sentence/question about immigrants?

Tell ME what race, colour or religion has to do with immigrants please, cos I sure as fuck don't know.....
Old 14-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

...and your answer are ?

Originally Posted by RS2300 4x4

Are you one of the druggies who have just spent their payout on a broadband connection ?

Australia does not have a left wing politically correcty do gooding namby pamby government bending over backward to help the tossers and shit on the tax paying guy in the street.

People are moving there because this country is now a SHIT HOLE, they want to go because of the way of life and not to change it.

Mark
What do I think of the people going to Australia ?

My brother is about to go there to live, he has had to prove all his skills and qualifications and prove that his particular skills are short in Australia.

Good luck to them, they are going for the way of life, not to try and enforce their beliefs on them

My brother is going there to stay, live by THEIR RULES and pay the taxes. He wont be sending any money home and will contribute to the economy.

The humans rights bullshit and complete lack of common sense is forcing people out of this country.

Mark
Old 14-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Not sure if it has any relevancy as such to this topic, but this just popped into my head just now so here it is...

I recently did a job for a man, in London, who originated from the West Indies. We couldn't replace his screen that morning (glass came in cracked) so I went to sort him out another appointment, for the following Thursday. He told me he couldn't do that as on that Thrusday he was moving. I said not to worry, let us know where you are going and we'll get the local branch to come to you when you get settled. He told me he was moving to the West Indies. Being the polite chap I am, I asked if he was retiring and moving back home (he was an oldish fellow)

He told me : no, he came here near 40yrs ago to provide a better life for his children, and has worked here, paying taxes for over 30yrs himself, putting his kids through school and later, college. But he then said enough is enough and that the government of this country has fucked him about so many times, that he is sick of it, and is moving back ot the West Indies, thousands of miles away from his kids and his grandkids, purely to now try and get a better life for HIMSELF, since he is completely fucked off with the government here and thier bullshit policies.

I didn't know what to say to him, so I looked at him, shook his hand and said : fair play fella, I don't blame you.
Old 14-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Dannn

Tell ME what race, colour or religion has to do with immigrants please, cos I sure as fuck don't know.....
Absolutly nothing - that's the point I have been making
Old 14-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Absolutly nothing - that's the point I have been making
Then why did you bring it up? Sounds to me like you are trying a fuel your own arguments here...
Old 14-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

BNP innit!

Keep britain white innit.

Dear oh dear, why does nearly every thread on here always turn into a bnp / immigrants thread even when it's got nothing to do with the topic?
Old 14-11-2006, 11:59 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

In my own opinion, an immigrant is someone who is in the country illegally, and is not supposed, or allowed to be here. Same thing as an illegal immigrant I guess.

You could be called James Smith, and be a natice of Texas in the USA, but if you are living in the UK illegally, then you are an immigrant. Or you could be called Bjorn and come from Sweden, but you living here illegally - you an immigrant!!!!

Immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently. An immigrant is someone who intends to reside permanently, and not a casual visitor or traveler. Immigration means "in-migration" into a country, and is the reverse of emigration, or "out-migration." The long term and/or permanent movement of human population in general, whether into, out of, or within countries (or before the existence of recognised countries) is regarded as migration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrant
#

You thick cunt!

Can't you even distinguish between an illegal immigrant and a legal one?

My family moved to this country in the 1930s - hence the immigrated. Would you have me leave as the descendant of "immigrants"? I don't know the exact figures, but it'd be far assumption that probably at least 25% of the population are descended from 3rd or 4th generation immigrants.

What seems to be your problem with that?

You also don't get to have an opinion on the definition of what immigration is, especially when you put up a defintion that has nothing to do with legality.

As for the rest of you with your "I vote BNP as a last resort", are you so stupid as to not realise the merit of your voting system in that your spoiled ballot is counted? Surely you can't vote for a party whilst ignoring their history of violent repression of BRITISH minority races. You gonna pop to Bradford and start a few fights then?

Dann - don't waste your time. Happens all the time. People harp on on here about how this country has gone to the dogs, and how they hate "all these immigrants", yet probably haven't met a single one, and are only spouting off drivel they read Littlejohn write in the Daily Mail.

My ex-missus was from Slovakia - chose to move here as it offered her far more opportunity in her country. Should she "fuck off back to her own country" then, regardless of the fact that she came her to work and make a new life for herself? Going by Thrush's explanation, we best help her pack, and welcome back Popeye from Australia. Quick - someone get those 70,000 ex-pats living in Spain who adapt to the local culture by setting up British pubs, and refusing to learn the language!
Old 15-11-2006, 08:00 AM
lickafish
Virgin

Default oops

Wish I hadn't said anything now hehe.
Old 15-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Well said Pon
Old 15-11-2006, 08:53 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I think it's clear from this thread what really needs booting out the country.
Old 15-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

These topics really get me down, people just dont take in what put down sometimes I said on page 2 i think about immigrants that most of them are legal etc. Trouble people like a lot on here dont seem to be able to disinguish between illegal and legal

Very sad state of affairs and in some respect shows the way this country is going
Old 15-11-2006, 10:55 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rhys
Trouble people like a lot on here dont seem to be able to disinguish between illegal and legal
I think it's more a case of 'don't want to distinguish...'
Old 15-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Smoker
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! WE NEED TO TAKE HAND OF THE CURRENT SITO WE GET TAXED MORE THAN ANY EU MEMBERS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH UNDISCLOSED FUNDS REMAIN IN THE TREASURY EACH YEAR? THEY SPEND MORE OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY THAN ON IT! WHY DO WE PAY THE HIGHEST RATE ON FUEL WHEN IT IS THE ELEMENTAL WORK FORCE OF THIS COUNTRY? EARN A WAGE GET TAXED SO WE CAN FUND CRIMINALS
Old 15-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Pon you muppet - I never said I had a problem with legal immigrants, and I also said I have no problem with people born here (you born here, then you are british, provided the parents aren't illegal immigrants)

The problem I have is with illegal immigrants! What I was trying to convey (badly I admit, but I had had a few beers, it had been a long day and it was late) was that I refer to illegal immigrants as just immigrants. So if I say "I hate fucking immigrants, coming here and not paying taxes" then I am not talking about people like your family that immigrated here LEGALLY and properly, nor about the folk down the end of my road who immigrated here legally - I'm talking about the daft cunts that don't belong here as they are border jumpers with no papers, no passports, and no UK citizenship. Those fuckers can fuck right off - this country has no need for leeches like that.
Old 15-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON

Immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently. An immigrant is someone who intends to reside permanently, and not a casual visitor or traveler. Immigration means "in-migration" into a country, and is the reverse of emigration, or "out-migration." The long term and/or permanent movement of human population in general, whether into, out of, or within countries (or before the existence of recognised countries) is regarded as migration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrant
#

You thick cunt!

Can't you even distinguish between an illegal immigrant and a legal one?

My family moved to this country in the 1930s - hence the immigrated. Would you have me leave as the descendant of "immigrants"? I don't know the exact figures, but it'd be far assumption that probably at least 25% of the population are descended from 3rd or 4th generation immigrants.

What seems to be your problem with that?

You also don't get to have an opinion on the definition of what immigration is, especially when you put up a defintion that has nothing to do with legality.

As for the rest of you with your "I vote BNP as a last resort", are you so stupid as to not realise the merit of your voting system in that your spoiled ballot is counted? Surely you can't vote for a party whilst ignoring their history of violent repression of BRITISH minority races. You gonna pop to Bradford and start a few fights then?

Dann - don't waste your time. Happens all the time. People harp on on here about how this country has gone to the dogs, and how they hate "all these immigrants", yet probably haven't met a single one, and are only spouting off drivel they read Littlejohn write in the Daily Mail.

My ex-missus was from Slovakia - chose to move here as it offered her far more opportunity in her country. Should she "fuck off back to her own country" then, regardless of the fact that she came her to work and make a new life for herself? Going by Thrush's explanation, we best help her pack, and welcome back Popeye from Australia. Quick - someone get those 70,000 ex-pats living in Spain who adapt to the local culture by setting up British pubs, and refusing to learn the language!
How do you know i havent met any immigrants Pon...stop being a prick

I live side by side with a group of polish people and we get on just fine! So your just going on you own perceptions and what you read on the internet without knowing the full facts...pot kettle...

The racist accusations are flying again just cos people are fooked off with things i see

And whe has said send them all back? I said the reason i havent voted BNP IS because i dont agree with their race policies...all the others tho are whats needed. It wouldnt be a wasted vote...as they will never get in, but if they keep getting more and more votes imo its got to give whichever government is in power a kick up the arse...
Old 15-11-2006, 10:00 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Lee - if you re-read what I wrote, it wasn't directed at you at all.

I respect your decision NOT to vote for a party because you don't believe in their policies.

I also covered myself nicely by using the words "most" and "probably", so kiss my arse

Long may the racist accusations fly, as long as people post on here that "hitler had the right idea, but went about it the wrong way". It's fuckin stupidity like that that should be irradicated from this country.

This whole topic - immigration, through muslim identity etc simply exposes the below the surface racism that still thrives in this country!
Old 15-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Lee - if you re-read what I wrote, it wasn't directed at you at all.

I respect your decision NOT to vote for a party because you don't believe in their policies.

I also covered myself nicely by using the words "most" and "probably", so kiss my arse

Long may the racist accusations fly, as long as people post on here that "hitler had the right idea, but went about it the wrong way". It's fuckin stupidity like that that should be irradicated from this country.

This whole topic - immigration, through muslim identity etc simply exposes the below the surface racism that still thrives in this country!
as i read your post pon, you directed it to everyone who mentioned BNP....and as i had done so i felt obliged to reply...so get you tongue right up mine
Old 15-11-2006, 10:13 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

No. I directed it at those who vote for the BNP as a last resort.

You wont be voting for them, so nothing to worry about
Old 15-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by imiguk
: WE GET TAXED MORE THAN ANY EU MEMBERS. :
Were did you get this little Gem from?
Old 15-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

No. I directed it at those who vote for the BNP as a last resort.

You wont be voting for them, so nothing to worry about
theres lots to worry about! Ill never ever vote again TBH. Used to be a labour supporter totally, but with this shit with the duggies and basically NO DETERENT for criminals whatsover im loosing or lost faith. So theres no one to vote for...
Old 16-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote="rs_daz"]Your better off being in Prison
Better off not working and claiming

This place is fecking NUTS[/quot

a local lad has just gone to prison he said its a better life in there
Old 17-11-2006, 08:54 AM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

The SUN newspaper probably

As for the original topic, totally agree with Pete... Too many do gooders in gvt these days without any realism in their methods...

-Criminals have more rights than law abding citizens.
Burlgar gets injured in your house, he can sue. You can't defend yourself against him either, he could sue you...
The French Interior minister stood up against such stupid thinking a few days ago, when he said that someone who's being burgled should have a right to defend him/herself.

-Every bloke is made to feel like a sex offender
They were talking about allowing women to look into a man's past on the radio this morning... wtf !!! Soon forms will have to be filled out before two people can go out with each other...

-You can't take photographs in public places anymore because of privacy laws...
If you are out in public with your mistress, you take the risk of being seen, don't stop people taking pictures, stop cheating on your wife !

-You can't take pictures of kids anymore (e.g. football)
Yup, you could be a paedophile... Are people seriously thinking it's ok to tell kids in the future that we don't have photos of their childhood because anyone with a camera is a potential peadophile ???

-Teachers and authority figures are no longer respected
I respect my elders, etc... today's kids no longer do, teachers can't tell them off, etc... !!!

-Kids will soon have no PE or chemistry at school
You got it... they might get injured, so someone will sue.

-You can be a 20x repeat offender (known to the police), and still roam the streets
Go figure...

I could go on...

Minorities are given rights that affect the majority - where's democracy in that ? (I appreciate minorities sometimes need protection, but come on, it's gone too far).
The whole country and government have gone risk averse, if there is a risk something might happen, let's put an end to it.

Whoever will put an end to this and put some sense back into our laws, I'll vote for them
Old 17-11-2006, 09:19 AM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by frog
Burlgar gets injured in your house, he can sue. You can't defend yourself against him either, he could sue you...
The French Interior minister stood up against such stupid thinking a few days ago, when he said that someone who's being burgled should have a right to defend him/herself.
Has this still not been brought in? I thought it had for some reason.
Old 17-11-2006, 09:26 AM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by MWF
Has this still not been brought in? I thought it had for some reason.
I am sure there are judges and sollicitors who will still give it a try
Old 17-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

You do here, have the right to take an resonable measure to protect yourself dont you?
Old 17-11-2006, 12:36 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

You do here, have the right to take an resonable measure to protect yourself dont you?
There is a company who was selling smoke generators for cars and houses that would create a wall of thick smoke if the alarm went off, and to my knowledge, it was deemed too dangerous for burglars
Something to do with tripping over carpets and furniture and smoke inhalation.
Old 17-11-2006, 12:46 PM
PaulCossie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The SUN newspaper probably

As for the original topic, totally agree with Pete... Too many do gooders in gvt these days without any realism in their methods...

-Criminals have more rights than law abding citizens.

-Every bloke is made to feel like a sex offender
They were talking about allowing women to look into a man's past on the radio this morning... wtf !!! Soon forms will have to be filled out before two people can go out with each other...

-You can't take photographs in public places anymore because of privacy laws...
If you are out in public with your mistress, you take the risk of being seen, don't stop people taking pictures, stop cheating on your wife !

-You can't take pictures of kids anymore (e.g. football)
Yup, you could be a paedophile... Are people seriously thinking it's ok to tell kids in the future that we don't have photos of their childhood because anyone with a camera is a potential peadophile ???

-Teachers and authority figures are no longer respected
I respect my elders, etc... today's kids no longer do, teachers can't tell them off, etc... !!!

-Kids will soon have no PE or chemistry at school
You got it... they might get injured, so someone will sue.

-You can be a 20x repeat offender (known to the police), and still roam the streets
Go figure...

I could go on...

Minorities are given rights that affect the majority - where's democracy in that ? (I appreciate minorities sometimes need protection, but come on, it's gone too far).
The whole country and government have gone risk averse, if there is a risk something might happen, let's put an end to it.

Whoever will put an end to this and put some sense back into our laws, I'll vote for them
well said.... its a case of bureaucracy goine mad...
Old 17-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

There is a company who was selling smoke generators for cars and houses that would create a wall of thick smoke if the alarm went off, and to my knowledge, it was deemed too dangerous for burglars
Something to do with tripping over carpets and furniture and smoke inhalation.
PMSL who the hell let these libreal twats have some power.

As the old say goes, you home s your castle and you should treat it as so
Old 17-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

A servous cost excersice needs to be carried out by government and then all the 'LEECH' drains on tax payers funds get fucked off.
If you don't pay then you don't take out. Everybody benefits from Welfare economic spend on streets, pavements, lights etc, but beyond that NO...