General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

grievance procedure in the work place..

Search this Thread

Old 26-10-2006, 10:22 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grievance procedure in the work place..

what would cause you to initiate the grievance procedure in the work place?

ie what would have to happen for it to be necessary to do?
Old 26-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fisting would be one reason

On a serious note ...some people are so petty that literally anything can be classed within nowadays, sad but true
Old 26-10-2006, 10:28 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL Nath
Old 26-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nath
Even if it was invited?
Old 26-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Paddy
Even if it was invited?
It could be classed as a perk of the job and might be tax qualifying if it wasn't
Old 26-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Paddy
Legend

So you're saying I can write off any fisting against my Tax return??

Maybe I'll be able to afford that 911 turbo I wanted!

Seriously though, you should be able to invoke your companies grievance procedure [if they have one] for ANY reason you feel hasn't been dealt with properly by your immediate superior.
Old 26-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

This might help a bit ...

http://www.tssa.org.uk/article-46.php3?id_article=1751

http://www.incomesdata.co.uk/studies...procedures.htm
Old 26-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I used to work for my brothers IT company. His partner tried to buttfuck me over something and gave me the weekend to think it over.... if i didnt agree to his wishes it was made clear that there would be no place for me at work. I said i want to start the greivance procedure to my brother, who advised me it wouldnt be in my best interests, which i took as a clear threat. I ended up finding a new job and left anyway. I was spoken to 'off the record' and was told if i continued with the procedure and it went to tribunal he would just lie and make me out to be the bad egg.

I now work for a much larger company, and im sure if i wanted to do the same here, it would be taken seriously. But working for a small company, it wasnt worth a shit!

HTH
Old 26-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Paddy
So you're saying I can write off any fisting against my Tax return??
No but you claim back on the fisting gel if you retain the receipt If you dont use the gel it might be a health and safety issue
Old 26-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Paddy
Legend

No but you claim back on the fisting gel if you retain the receipt If you dont use the gel it might be a health and safety issue
Damn it, I haven't needed lube since I prolapsed 12 years ago.

I guess I'll have to lower my expectations a little and settle for that Perodua Nippa I had my eye on

Old 26-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
I used to work for my brothers IT company. His partner tried to buttfuck me over something and gave me the weekend to think it over.... if i didnt agree to his wishes it was made clear that there would be no place for me at work. I said i want to start the greivance procedure to my brother, who advised me it wouldnt be in my best interests, which i took as a clear threat. I ended up finding a new job and left anyway. I was spoken to 'off the record' and was told if i continued with the procedure and it went to tribunal he would just lie and make me out to be the bad egg.

I now work for a much larger company, and im sure if i wanted to do the same here, it would be taken seriously. But working for a small company, it wasnt worth a shit!

HTH
Nice family . I hope you kicked him in the nuts on the way out .
Old 26-10-2006, 10:48 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i was gonna say similar Mike!

thanks Davey, kinda helps..

i dont know if my issues are worthy of initiating the procedure.. im not happy with something, but dont know if i have grounds... hmmmm
Old 26-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

HTH
My family is just fine thank you. I have one renegade brother, thats all.
Old 26-10-2006, 11:04 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
i was gonna say similar Mike!

thanks Davey, kinda helps..

i dont know if my issues are worthy of initiating the procedure.. im not happy with something, but dont know if i have grounds... hmmmm
Like stated earlier, if its something you feel hasn't been dealt with properly by your immediate boss and feel nothing will happen, use the grievance procedure. It can't be used against you or be used as a reason for you to lose your job. Threats are hollow, just make notes of them if they happen and report it when you have enough evidence.

My girlfriend started a new job six months ago, and her boss bullied her from day one simply beause my girlfriend was better qualified and had a better track record in the company. She raised a grievance a month ago and its being run through at the moment. She has the complete backing of HR who keep it confidential. Strangely enough, we think her boss has now caught wind of it and is being nice to her, maybe in the hope the grievance will be dropped. Not a hope in hell.

Cheers

Matt
Old 26-10-2006, 11:10 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my boss is on holiday at the moment LOL

i dont think my reason constitutes it really.

one day..
Old 26-10-2006, 11:16 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

one day..
Fair enough, suppose owning a Rover would cause me grief too but not enough to ask my boss to do something about it
Old 26-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HTH
Aah, the one that causes all the pain with your Mum .
Old 26-10-2006, 11:54 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by collierm

one day..
Fair enough, suppose owning a Rover would cause me grief too but not enough to ask my boss to do something about it

i get the piss ripped out of me for owning a Rover, but tbh, i cant find many £500 cars that are as quick as this, fit 5 people in, will never get stolen cos its shit and does me 36mpg. LOL

another cossie when i get a better paid job though!!!

main thing thats caused me grief is my boss telling me to ring him while hes on hols if theres an issue with something in particular, which there was, so i left a voice mail. i got an email the day before saying i shouldnt ring him from his boss, but what do i do? so i rang him anyway as he had written the program.

anyway, a member of staff who is my acting boss when the 2 people above her told me off the next morning before 9am (i work 9am-5:30pm), when i would've thought it should've been my boss' boss who should've told me off.

would my boss who categorically told me to call him be happy if i hadnt of as his upgrade program didnt work?? who knows.. all i know is that im not amused LOL
Old 26-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HTH
Aah, the one that causes all the pain with your Mum .
thats the one
Old 26-10-2006, 02:33 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Originally Posted by collierm

one day..

i get the piss ripped out of me for owning a Rover, but tbh, i cant find many £500 cars that are as quick as this, fit 5 people in, will never get stolen cos its shit and does me 36mpg. LOL

another cossie when i get a better paid job though!!!

main thing thats caused me grief is my boss telling me to ring him while hes on hols if theres an issue with something in particular, which there was, so i left a voice mail. i got an email the day before saying i shouldnt ring him from his boss, but what do i do? so i rang him anyway as he had written the program.

anyway, a member of staff who is my acting boss when the 2 people above her told me off the next morning before 9am (i work 9am-5:30pm), when i would've thought it should've been my boss' boss who should've told me off.

would my boss who categorically told me to call him be happy if i hadnt of as his upgrade program didnt work?? who knows.. all i know is that im not amused LOL
I'd wait until he comes back and ask to speak to him about it. Explain the situation to him making sure to tell him you called because its his program and because he explicitly told you to call him with any issues. Say your not happy with the other members giving you grief as you were only following procedures that you had been given beforehand. If he's an OK bloke, he'll follow it up. If not, then consider the grievance procedure.

Cheers

Matt
Old 26-10-2006, 03:23 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers