General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Local characters

Search this Thread

Old 30-09-2006, 02:15 AM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local characters

Any strange/funny/weird folk round your way? Used to be this old boy round here, aint seen him for a while, called Chutney! Used to walk down street swinging his walking stick, would babble on at yer with nonsense, then burst out laughing. And he always wore a v neck jumper, back to front.
Old 30-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's an elderly man up this end who's a;ways walking around the town centre with something weird in his hands or dressed up as something.

His best outfit has to be his all out Elvis Presley outfit with wig and dark shades

He's at least 80 years old
Old 30-09-2006, 10:02 AM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the village idiots are fast dying out,and the youngsters are to lazy to devote their lives to being the local nutter
Old 30-09-2006, 10:11 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

old guy that lives on ring road in the city of wolverhampton, council offered to giv him a house and stuff but he refused, he prefers to live outside in his tent and i duno what he does all day,some days he cleans the leaves and the roads but thats about it, kinda weird if u ask me
Old 30-09-2006, 11:13 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theirs a fella who goes around a push bike called X-Rated an he dresses like a woman
Old 30-09-2006, 11:23 AM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

theres a bloke in sunderland called dave the rave ,years a go i heard he used to get in the clubs for nowt cos he just used to dance all night.Now he stands outside the pubs dancin about like a div.there also used to be a radio station up here called Wear F.M what played all the old/early rave tunes and he got tattod on his arm Wear F.M 102.8
Old 30-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Sukhy RS
LFC

Originally Posted by ajaj4747
old guy that lives on ring road in the city of wolverhampton, council offered to giv him a house and stuff but he refused, he prefers to live outside in his tent and i duno what he does all day,some days he cleans the leaves and the roads but thats about it, kinda weird if u ask me
Yeh guyz a wierdo, got one massive beard nearly down to the floor when i saw him last
Old 30-09-2006, 11:40 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yh im supprised he hasent shaved that off...mayb he prefers outdoors as he was in world war 2, that what i heard
Old 30-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

We have a couple here -

Touch and go - really old woman who would randomly walk up to objects and caraess them then shuffle on, its a bit weird to see her do it.

The woMAN - crossdresser that drives round in a mondeo (Think dame Edna)

Gerry and Julie - Town drunks, last i heard they had been shipped to Scotland for some reason.
Old 30-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

There's a few of these 'characters' on pf
Old 30-09-2006, 12:49 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Used to be a guy round here called "nutty norman". Walking on the spot and stinking of piss were his trademarks.
Also "cider ronnie".What a character. Once rode a white horse through town centre on a sunny saturday afternoon,wearing a sombrero and with bottle of strongbow in hand.Caused traffic chaos as every body wanted to stroke the horse.
Old 30-09-2006, 12:52 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

cider ronnie
Old 30-09-2006, 12:55 PM
c.h.r.i.s
PassionFord Post Troll

thers an old guy around the wigan area the just walks everywhere. hes got a big grey beard and wears the same clothes all the time. im sure he's homeless

always see him in random places all over wigan just walking
Old 30-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I remember there used to be a guy near B'ham city centre who used to stand on the corner with his headphones on dancing ......... all day long!!!

No one saw him for a while - they reckon someone nicked his headphones

Old 30-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Neil S
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by cossiegreg1
theres a bloke in sunderland called dave the rave ,years a go i heard he used to get in the clubs for nowt cos he just used to dance all night.Now he stands outside the pubs dancin about like a div.there also used to be a radio station up here called Wear F.M what played all the old/early rave tunes and he got tattod on his arm Wear F.M 102.8
It was 103.4

Happy days, we could just about get reception in Middlesbrough but I had to have about 10m of wire hanging out of my bedroom window attached to the stereo ariel!

Neil.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

None particularly in kilmarnock, couple of homeless guys that are always about, taking food out bins an stuff.

BUT!

Not far from me, in Greenock by Glasgow, they have a fella called "Catman" who lives like an animal and eats wild animals etc

Video of him here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrctdZ3h6zo
Old 30-09-2006, 02:13 PM
filthyrichie

WHERE DO WE START WE HAD ROCKY THE DRUNK THAT USED TO PICK FIGHTS WITH THE LAMPPOSTS

THEN WE HAD BERNIE WHO USED TO PUSH HIS SICK MOTHER AROUND IN A WHEELCHAIR .....SHE DIED HE STILL PUSHED HER FOR OVER A WEEK THEN WHEN THE FOUND OUT HE WORE ALL HER CLOTHES AND MAKEUP AND USED TO CYCLE EVERYWHERE

WE HAVE A SHIM ......THATS JUST WRONG TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE A BLOKE IN A SKIRT

OH AND MAD CHARLIE WHO WEARS KIPPER TIES AND CUES AT THE BUSSTOP ALL DAY THEN WALKS OF WHEN THE BUS COMES
Old 30-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Mark B

haha theres a guy that stands outside the clubs round here collecting all the pennys people drop, always been known as the penny man lol, hes been about for 6 years (well when i first started going to the clubs but mates say he was about when they were young too)

theres also a lecturer at the uni a old guy who wears a peticoate thing an does his shopping in tesco with it on, my mates got a video on his old phone will try get him to send it accross,

MB.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:18 PM
S1

We used to have Polski-Pete, He wore a thick Great-coat and a hat (with the bits that go down over your ears) all the time whatever the weather. Used to pulll a shopping trolley everywhere he went.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:19 PM
S1

Originally Posted by Mark B
haha theres a guy that stands outside the clubs round here collecting all the pennys people drop, always been known as the penny man lol, hes been about for 6 years (well when i first started going to the clubs but mates say he was about when they were young too)

theres also a lecturer at the uni a old guy who wears a peticoate thing an does his shopping in tesco with it on, my mates got a video on his old phone will try get him to send it accross,

MB.
There used to be a bloke in Southend do that, he was about for years always down the seafront outside of the arcades, walked everywhere with his head down looking for change.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Mark B

Originally Posted by S1

MB.
There used to be a bloke in Southend do that, he was about for years always down the seafront outside of the arcades, walked everywhere with his head down looking for change.
yeah this guy walks the same next time im out ill film him, might even take some change with me too haha,

Mb.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:27 PM
S1

, might even take some change with me too haha,

Mb.
People used to lob coins at him from cars as they went past, he would scuttle around picking it all up.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

A few round here,
Barking Sam - An old guy that used to live in an old folks home, had somekind of Tourrettes where he used to Bark and Cheep when walking down the road, proper decent bloke who had us in stitches telling us stories.

Charlie - Some mid 30's black bloke who used to walk round with either no shirt on or his jacket undone showing his body off (well toned) with a kind of Pimpsters walking stick, always smashed on coke but a fairly friendly bloke, used to wear the top gear but never worked.

Superman - This guy lives near a mate, late 20's early 30's, you will hear the Superman theme tune, then next thing this goon will come skipping past, full superman outfit on, cape the lot,
Proper wierd fucker
Old 30-09-2006, 03:25 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on Matthew Street in liverpool an old geezer sits on the floor with a paper guitar tryinto play it so funny to see
Old 30-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Sukhy RS
LFC

Originally Posted by ajaj4747
yh im supprised he hasent shaved that off...mayb he prefers outdoors as he was in world war 2, that what i heard
Yeh i heard that to he is polish i think
Old 30-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Sukhy RS
LFC

There are a few wierd people in wolverhampton
1. There is a old fat bloke who just sits on the benches in town that stinks of piss and shit.
2. There is a guy around 40 who always asks for change in town and he only wears a suit jacket with nothing on underneath guy looks like a crackhead.
3. Old man that lives near me killed his mom, his house is a total dump and he lives in filth and he is a crazy motherfucker.
Old 30-09-2006, 03:53 PM
RaVeR
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Some wierd bloke about 50 has long hair and has loads of dogs and rank teeth always smiling Im sure he just walks around all day talking to himself in his knee long trousers
Old 30-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Norwich has many crazy folk as u can imagine! There used to be a guy called "Marigold Man"... A coloured guy that wore bright orange marigolds and directed traffic on several busy junctions on the main ring road in Norwich!! He was totally mental, unfortunately i think hes passed away now!
Old 30-09-2006, 04:05 PM
mk1_orion_boy
PassionFord Regular

Theres a couple round here (Bexhill on Sea is full of nutters!)
I remember this one old man who would always be talking to himself as he was walking but on this occasion he saw me park my car, open the door and put on my coat and all I hear is in an old git's from Harry Enfield type of voice was "oh, he's putting on his coat". He then starts to talk to me. He's ok really but rumous has it he pushed his mum down the stairs which killed her whilst laughing but got let off because of his mental condition
Just a rumour though.
Old 30-09-2006, 04:18 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

When I used to live in Southampton, I used to drink at this pub (Court Jester) in the city and every Thursday night there used to be this guy that would walk back and forth so everyone in the pub could see him. He'd have some song buzzing round his head and he'd just dance back and forth playing up to everyone in the pub, but he never came in.

Never found out his name or even met him but it got to the point where all the pub regulars used to look out for him, was free entertainment.

Cheers

Matt
Old 30-09-2006, 04:19 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiegreg1
Dave the rave still gets the new monkey so ive been told , theres a bloke in out town called lawrence dresses as a woman all the time high heels the lot goes to all the football matches, thing is he always has a face full of stubble, must just like clothes bit lol

Here is a thread dedicated to him on a local forum i found

http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/fo...p?TID=733&PN=1
Old 30-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Sukhy RS
LFC

PMSL Guy/Woman is a freak
Old 30-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Alloy

My are and surrounding area is littered with weird ones. Some I don't know if they are still around or not.

The one that stick's out the most is a woman in her 40's, she wore like 10 jumpers at once, alway had the same stinking old skirt on with fucking minging tights and brown bedroom slippers, she used to walk everywhere bacwards looking over her shoulder.

Used to be a guy that started twirling really fast if you shouted "do the wirley birley."

There was a man that walked around with one of his leg's locked ( as if it was in a cast ) shouting "have you seen our Martin?" He used to chase us when we were kid's for mocking him, and the bastard could run like fuck despite his crocked leg!
Old 30-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Theres a guy, about 40, looks like he is badly stuck in the 70s, and ive never seen him walk, he just RUNS flat out everywhere, in quite smart but proper 70s clothes

Our old next door neigbour who was about 80 used to do the same! Never seen an old granny move so quick in a big coat and shopping bags

Fred and Rose West were local characters a few years back, but they dont need any introduction

Theres this old guy whos tiny with a big red bald head, looks like one of the riddlers, who contstantly jabbers on in a incomprehinsible language and laughs at everyone like hes taking the piss, he might be irish, but cant understand a word he says

Theres a tramp called One Hair, just cause he got hair down way past his shoulders, but its just a single giant matted lump, one giant dredlock, never seen anything like it

Theres this woman with mega long hair, white as a ghost, whos always on her own, even in clubs, rumour has it shes a hooker, constantly wondering the streets 24/7 but not homeless nd often seen in clubs, with a habit of randomly accusing people of rape for no reason, which can be funny

Theres a guy who works for the council watering the plants in Bath where i work, about mid-late 20s, big muscley tanned meathead, and he soooo deliberatley soaks himself with the sprayer everytime showing off, he hillarious, he does it even when its properly chucking it down too
Wouldnt take the piss tho,hes massive

Theres also this guy in Bath, meant to be some local gangster type everyones trashed of, face almost covered in tatoos, dresses smart all time.
I think in a less pussy town he'd get his face smashed in if he came the crack, but there everyone trashed, but then again he has got a completely tatood face

The heroin addict tramps in Bath are proper comedy too, having massive slanging matches in the middle of town centre, often with the guys in tears and shit, its mega funny jus as its so strange, and they always arguing about a missing 10p or something gay too
Old 30-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Only Nigel who stops buses all the time and goes 'coochi coo' all the time.. came up to my dad in the pub once, giving it all 'coo coo coo cooj cooj cooj cooja cooja.. dad just said fuck off

Joyous.
Old 30-09-2006, 06:38 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by AJ
I remember there used to be a guy near B'ham city centre who used to stand on the corner with his headphones on dancing ......... all day long!!!

No one saw him for a while - they reckon someone nicked his headphones

Yep ,iv,e seen him.Black guy.He used to dance all day with his headphones on,but they weren,t plugged into anything.

There,s also a bloke near me called VAINY.He is about 35 and walks around all day stopping people and asking to see their VAINS.We used to show him our forearms and stroke our VAINS and he used to nearly wet himself. He was also coverd in DISNEY TATTOOS.Daffy duck on his arm,Mickey mouse on his back and Pluto on his chest. Everybody has a NUTTER near them ,their fine as long as they don,t kill ya.
Old 30-09-2006, 07:02 PM
S1

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
Everybody has a NUTTER near them ,their fine as long as they don,t kill ya.
Most of them are harmless, they just dance to a different tune than the rest of us, anyway who's to say we're not the m, m, mad ones
Old 30-09-2006, 07:13 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by S1
Most of them are harmless, they just dance to a different tune than the rest of us, anyway who's to say we're not the m, m, mad ones

I bet there all talking in the street saying " HAVE YOU SEEN THAT FUCKING NUTTER WHO SPENDS ALL HIS HARD EARNED MONEY ON A 16 YEAR OLD CAR .EVEN WASHES IT WHEN IT,S NOT REALLY DIRTY.
Old 30-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by S1

I bet there all talking in the street saying " HAVE YOU SEEN THAT FUCKING NUTTER WHO SPENDS ALL HIS HARD EARNED MONEY ON A 16 YEAR OLD CAR .EVEN WASHES IT WHEN IT,S NOT REALLY DIRTY.
Old 30-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Dave McB

lol...that made my night laughing at that.

One round ere is a guy we used to call old jake. Bearded, scruffy, unwashed lookin and wore a hat like benny from crossroads

Every friday/saturday we would see him pissed wandering down from the pub, staggering and singing.

He always used to stop and chat away to us all, tellin us he would buy us all chips from the chippy on his way home

Turns out the bloke owns a garage, has a few quid and decided one night to buy us all a chippy...lol

We were surprised he even had a home!!!

Quick Reply: Local characters