General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Panic Attacks

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow forgot this thread.

im gradually (sadly slower than i want) getting control of my panic attacks. i did end up agoraphobic for 3yrs due to them and it was fucking hell. i could stay alone by myself it used to trigger them off. i had to drink beer every day to stop me from panicing i was fucking sick of drinking but it was the only i could get through the day without dragging people out of work etc to make sure i was ok. it was like being a fucking baby. anyway. i done CBT for 12 sessions that helped a lot and got me to look at things differently and also got me to voice off what was going on in my nogging and how else i was feeling. i started going out a little with someone not much or far but i did. then bit later on my relationship went tits up. so i finally had no partner, fuck all mates anymore cause i didnt go out, no job, no money, a car rusting away... nothing but my room laptop and tv. that was my world. which i wouldnt recommend to anyone.
i went out a couple of time but not much then still wasnt good at going in the car again and wasnt driving. then i met someone on the net about xmas 2008 and she lived in essex and im by heathrow. she could come this way sooooo i got a lift to essex!! i had a few bevvys on the way down for dutch courage but i did it. i did it couple more times and the last time i did it i didnt drink at all. since then i got more confident with trying to beat it i would walk around the block or a mile away go for a drive local. then i met another girl. i hide how bad my attacks/situation was and kinda showing myself i can do this not just for her but for me. i got my old job back of working a few days for a couple hours to see how i would do and its progressed from there. im now working more days and full hours. i drive my new evo 4 to and from work which is 5miles away and i go out when i can afford it to normal places. last weekend i drove on the M4 again for a couple junctions which i havent done for since before i was ill and shocked myself i did it lol. still not well enough to drive or get taken to a few friends i wanna see who have moved a good few miles away from London but i hope to soon again.

i still havent taken ANY meds since i first got this problem. i still think med would of given me more problems than help but thats for me its all horses for courses.

the best advice i can give about it is dont let it beat you dont let it worked up against it by fighting it. accept it. think yeh my chest is feeling like someone is sitting on it, my pulse is racing, i do feel dizzy.. but i wont die i wont collapse. its just them same old feelings again. speed up in ur mind you having a panic attack and it can be funny which relaxes ya. chew gum or suck a sweet that helps maybe a small bottle of water to keep your mouth from not getting dry.

one last piece if you can buy a book called HOPE AND HELP FOR YOUR NERVES by Dr Claire Weekes.

its the best thing of hepling it really is the first thing i read thats spot on out of all the things ive bought read watched
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to read the follow up diamonds glad your getting yourself sorted
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your getting there mate and I hope you keep it up

I suffer very badly with Panic Attacks and IBS and have been fighting for 8 years and its a bit better, but not much. I turned to medication and all it done was made me worse. I gave up any medication I was using a month ago and feel so much better and am progressing further than I was with the meds. I could get by for one day with the meds, now Im coping with a few days at a time I will get there one day