General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

DEBTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
*Bri.4.b.Cos*
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEBTS

Right chaps, I'm currently in the process of getting a house with my fiancee but i have approx 18K of debt, I have already had to sell my S2 and now will have to sell my saph .

I have heard on the radio and TV that if you have aover about 15K debt there is a goverment legislation or something that will wipe out some of your debt .
How does this work and will if effect my credit rating and cause problems when getting a mortgage ( we have already been pre approved for the mortgage if i can pay off 8K from sale of both cars )

Any help much appreciated as my head is battered by all this debt and we really need our own place and me saph

cheers Bri.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:29 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yes mate you can get a trust deed which once protected will then freeze your debt at that point stopping any further claims, then once cleared will see the end of your debt.

Easy way out

But then your credit rating will be shafted for ages and that mortgage your after will rape your arse more than any saff will.

after a few years it will start to revert but youll spend a while getting shafted for credit, but youll be debt free.

it is a trade off mate, ask around there will be folk who've done it and a citizens advice place will help. read up before you do pal.

Cheers

Pete
Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Default Re: DEBTS

Originally Posted by *Bri.4.b.Cos*
Right chaps, I'm currently in the process of getting a house with my fiancee but i have approx 18K of debt, I have already had to sell my S2 and now will have to sell my saph .

I have heard on the radio and TV that if you have aover about 15K debt there is a goverment legislation or something that will wipe out some of your debt .
How does this work and will if effect my credit rating and cause problems when getting a mortgage ( we have already been pre approved for the mortgage if i can pay off 8K from sale of both cars )

Any help much appreciated as my head is battered by all this debt and we really need our own place and me saph

cheers Bri.

Bri if your gonna do that wait til AFTER the mortgage, your credit rating goes up the swanny, and youll have an iva on your record which fucks up any credit for about 10yrs, not sure if itll ruin your mortgage, id say just get rid of as much of it as you can and try and get a 100% mortgage to get the rest of it paid off, my mate got a mortgage for £70k but her house was only £64k so used the other 7k to pay off her bank loan, not sure how she did it mind

Sarah

edit- get a cheaper house instead of looking for the most expensive of what you can borrow, get your debt paid off and move up the property ladder, most people spend years progressing, its silly to get in ridiculous amounts of debt for the sake of having the best house of all your mates

Old 11-08-2006, 09:37 PM
*Bri.4.b.Cos*

Well looks like me saph had to go

Also might have to pimp the mrs

Been looking at loads of houses lately just getting an idea, but that goverment thing is deffo a no no by the sounds of it. Hope there is plenty of O/T going at work

Cheers for the advice everyone

Bri.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Doug

Bri

Take out the extra on the mortgage to clear the debt as they will lend on the assumption that you are gonna clear any outstanding debts you have to make 1 payment to the mortgage company ! and to reduce your outgoings .

Regards doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
*Bri.4.b.Cos*

Doug

Talked about that with the mortgage advisor, called negative equity or something? He said not very many places will do that

Could i not get the mortgage then get one of them home owner loans at really low monthly repayments to keep outgoings low and pay off the other high interest cards and loan??

Bri.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Doug

Doug

Talked about that with the mortgage advisor, called negative equity or something? He said not very many places will do that

Could i not get the mortgage then get one of them home owner loans at really low monthly repayments to keep outgoings low and pay off the other high interest cards and loan??

Bri.

Get the adviser to sort you a mortgage with northern rock ok a lill bit higher on APR but if you set a deal will be cheaper in the long run and you can change company's after 2 years works out better in the long run !

Also they do 100% mortgages without any hassle if needed !

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

How the fook do you know MR Fresh, you live in a caravan off stirtchley reck
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Doug

Bri.

or even just get a loan, but make sure there are no early repayment charges, and remortgage a few months into it and then ul only have 1 payment to make, though id seriously consider getting as much of it paid off as you can, mortgage bloke we spoke to said that they disregard credit card debts but take off the amount you pay in loans from your yearly salary.... weird... try 0% balance transfers til u get some of it reduced

or pimp yourself, ive seen you in a dress

Sarah
Old 11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

the country is going to be fooked by non whites and debt!!!

in fact the suicide bombers dont need to commit hari kari as most uk citizens are that much in debt they are going to do it them selves!!!!

tony blair you are a pure foooking cunt,if i ever see you in person i WILL knock you right out.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Doug

Originally Posted by staffi

You CUNT listen here Woodside warrior

Or should I say Mr Regent street

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
Originally Posted by staffi

You CUNT listen here Woodside warrior

Or should I say Mr Regent street

Regards Doug .

@ Regent Street...........
Old 11-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Doug

Originally Posted by TF Rallyesport
the country is going to be fooked by non whites and debt!!!

in fact the suicide bombers dont need to commit hari kari as most uk citizens are that much in debt they are going to do it them selves!!!!

tony blair you are a pure foooking cunt,if i ever see you in person i WILL knock you right out.
Tim at the end of the day mate all these immagrants they only need to know one word when they walk thru customs

BENEFIT

Anyway everyone looking at this WORK HARDER MILLIONS ON BENEFIT DEPEND ON YOU !!!!!!!!

As pete from big brother would say WANKERS

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and another thread delves into chaos
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lucid

just like the cuntry then pete!!!

spelt correct!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Doug

just like the cuntry then pete!!!

spelt correct!!!
But very true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top man

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

doug.like car like mind mate.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thing is thats not far from the truth, check stu's (Mrs 1, sorry stu ) post and hes spot on, edinburgh council banned the christmas and new year festivities and re branded it the winter festival and publicly stated this so it didnt offend non christians

Head abroad to saudi and watch some fit blonde wander about in a bikini and see how tolerant they are of other cultures.....

This country sucks cocks, we bow to the wants of many others and accomodate those who hate us. English scottish devide? fuck that its history of stuff that happened long before any of us were able to watch our would be brothers and sister get shot all over some 70's chick's tits. keep our national identities and welcome immigrant people who are here to be part of this society, we should be working with each other and embracing all we have to offer each other in trade and friendship.

Instead we welcome cheats, liars and fucking terrorist fuckwits who hide behind islam (which is beatufull and inspirational religion which people can learn lots from, along with christanity and catholicism. who do you worship? do so then!) these cowrds choose to rob us off lives which are valuable to normal innocent people in the name of hate, just for hates sake (step forward rangers and celtic heavies).

And none of this is any wore than wullie down the street on incapacity with 43 kids and 4 council houses knocked into one

Work as one, retain your identity and keep moving!

One love

Now thats a rant (on the stella, ill be back to normal tomorrow)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

lucid,its ok mate,iam on the wine and totally agree with you,there will be a ciovil upriseing,it mite be a few years away but when it happens its going to be fooking fun!!!
i will be leading it!!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Keith B

Stop acting like a kid spending money you dont have and learn some patience - thats my suggestion.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Doug

Thing is thats not far from the truth, check Stu's (Mrs 1, sorry Stu ) post and hes spot on, edinburgh council banned the christmas and new year festivities and re branded it the winter festival and publicly stated this so it didnt offend non christians

Head abroad to saudi and watch some fit blonde wander about in a bikini and see how tolerant they are of other cultures.....

This country sucks cocks, we bow to the wants of many others and accomodate those who hate us. English scottish devide? fuck that its history of stuff that happened long before any of us were able to watch our would be brothers and sister get shot all over some 70's chick's tits. keep our national identities and welcome immigrant people who are here to be part of this society, we should be working with each other and embracing all we have to offer each other in trade and friendship.

Instead we welcome cheats, liars and fucking terrorist fuckwits who hide behind islam (which is beatufull and inspirational religion which people can learn lots from, along with christanity and catholicism. who do you worship? do so then!) these cowrds choose to rob us off lives which are valuable to normal innocent people in the name of hate, just for hates sake (step forward rangers and celtic heavies).

And none of this is any wore than wullie down the street on incapacity with 43 kids and 4 council houses knocked into one

Work as one, retain your identity and keep moving!

One love

Now thats a rant (on the stella, ill be back to normal tomorrow)

Fucking spot on pete this country is a fucking shambles End of !!!

Look at captain hook the islamic alkiedia supporter ( Goverment ) view lets give the fooker over 100k in benefits a year and let the tw@t support death and destruction in our country !!!!!!!!!1

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 PM
cuvner
PassionFord Regular

northan rock will do 130% mortgage, i got one but ony 100% on a 6% interest rate, 200,000 flat interest payment only 1018 a month, put all my fees on the mortgage, they fix 95% on the house and the 5% is unsecured and you pay that off while you pay off you mortgage
Old 11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cuvner
northan rock will do 130% mortgage, i got one but ony 100% on a 6% interest rate, 200,000 flat interest payment only 1018 a month, put all my fees on the mortgage, they fix 95% on the house and the 5% is unsecured and you pay that off while you pay off you mortgage

130% mortgage,are you on crack??????
sort your debts out you fooking idiots!!!

thjis is an illness that needs sorted.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Doug

Originally Posted by cuvner

130% mortgage,are you on crack??????
sort your debts out you fooking idiots!!!

thjis is an illness that needs sorted.
@ Crack

But seriously with regards the rest of the quote .......................

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

i supose if you have a 130% mortgage you carnt afford crack...
Old 11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Doug

i supose if you have a 130% mortgage you carnt afford crack...

Lmao no I have a £50.000 mortgage on a £150.000 house and smoke the pipe every night

P.S. Tim I hope you dont have a sore head in the morning mate

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a case of biting the bullet with debt though, just stay away from the whole debt buster loan(shark) stuff.

Me and my mrs just had a big head to head about the post above

back to topic, bri all the best mate, get in touch with your creditors and make some proposals. stay away from finance though. work out what you can afford and cut all unnecessary crap out and you should be alright.

pete

(dummy room here we come)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Doug

Its a case of biting the bullet with debt though, just stay away from the whole debt buster loan(shark) stuff.

Me and my mrs just had a big head to head about the post above

back to topic, bri all the best mate, get in touch with your creditors and make some proposals. stay away from finance though. work out what you can afford and cut all unnecessary crap out and you should be alright.

pete

(dummy room here we come)

As Pete sai's back to seriousness and agree totally with your comments mate very sound advice

Regards Doug .
Old 11-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

just get your head down mate,all joking aside everymontrh is a month nearer,them tossders on tv are just out to rip you in two,if nessasary get an evening job and get the depts cleared properly.

good luck mate,stick in and get your head down,i once owed over 20K when i was young so been there!!!

pm if needed!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Basky

northern rock and central capital i found were very good and im self employed
but then i put 70k down
as for northern rock and 130%
wots the average starter home now about 80-90k i suppose @ 130%
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bri????????
Old 11-08-2006, 11:23 PM
*Bri.4.b.Cos*

I'm back, jus been having a bit of sambooka with the mrs

I stopped spending a while ago and have been shuffeling cards around to 0% ones for about a year. Cossy is deffo going now need rid of a lot of a chunk of debt, going to get as much overtime as possible too

Cheers for alll the advice and politics lol

Bri.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: DEBTS

Originally Posted by Dicko

cheers Bri.

Bri if your gonna do that wait til AFTER the mortgage, your credit rating goes up the swanny, and youll have an iva on your record which fucks up any credit for about 10yrs, not sure if itll ruin your mortgage, id say just get rid of as much of it as you can and try and get a 100% mortgage to get the rest of it paid off, my mate got a mortgage for £70k but her house was only £64k so used the other 7k to pay off her bank loan, not sure how she did it mind

Sarah

edit- get a cheaper house instead of looking for the most expensive of what you can borrow, get your debt paid off and move up the property ladder, most people spend years progressing, its silly to get in ridiculous amounts of debt for the sake of having the best house of all your mates

64k, fuck me, couldn't buy a pot to piss in here for that.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:26 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

at the end of the day it doesn't pay to be a law abiding citizen in this country as we get screwed in everything, just go on benefits claim doll and soak it all up

fooking pisses me off

i love britian but i can't wait to get out of the shit hole.