General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RSOC Members Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
Default RSOC Members Issues...

I figure as a Ford site this is going to be important to many of you...

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showth...threadid=63911

Please leave your opinions as requested by Chris
Old 10-08-2004, 10:49 AM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

said anorak twats

i was gona coment your foram is fooking shite,your mag is full of crap, thenatoinal day is a scambles with all the thieft and lack of secruty there
Old 10-08-2004, 11:42 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Asking for trouble!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its good someone has raised the issue.

I will never re-join the RSOC, they seem to have become a stuck up bunch of pr1cks that are not interested in its members.

As i have just posted om the RSOC forum, unless you own something really special all us S1, S2, Cossie, Focus owners are just people putting money in there pockets.

The club is becoming just a club for the really special cars like the RS200's, RS500's etc.

Matt.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
TILLIO
Advanced PassionFord User

I know that ford never made an RS cabrio, but sum dumb bitch e-mailed back, sayin theres no point in registering as you havn't got a "Proper RS"

Fook me, mines probably more complete than some of the cut-an-shut bean tin S2 registetred on there

Joke IMO, only registered no the bord to check some posts out that are put in here
Old 10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

All the years I dreamt of owning an RS of some kind, the RSOC was always something I wanted to be a member of.
But now Ive got one, it would be the last thing id join, all i hear and see about it is bad these days.....
Old 10-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If people really felt that strongly that their opinions were being ignored by the club there are other ways that you could try and get somone to sit up and take notice.

The only way you could ever get a reaction out of such a big 'business' (and lets face it, it is a business now, it's no longer a 'club') is to hit them financially.

Clearly there are a hell of a lot of members who dont use the BB so you could never get the message across to enough people to make a bit difference............. BUT if you could contact each individual Chairman for each Local Group, you could possibly get something in motion ie: boycot National Day next year, no local group display stand, no advance ticket bookings etc.......... surely this would make enough of a dent in the bank balance for someone to sit up and take notice?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by zvhturbo

I will never re-join the RSOC, they seem to have become a stuck up bunch of pr1cks that are not interested in its members.

As i have just posted om the RSOC forum, unless you own something really special all us S1, S2, Cossie, Focus owners are just people putting money in there pockets.

The club is becoming just a club for the really special cars like the RS200's, RS500's etc.

Matt.

i'm sorry but that is a total load of shit and the word BANDWAGON comes to mind
Old 10-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Clare
The only way you could ever get a reaction out of such a big 'business' (and lets face it, it is a business now, it's no longer a 'club') is to hit them financially.

Clearly there are a hell of a lot of members who dont use the BB so you could never get the message across to enough people to make a bit difference............. BUT if you could contact each individual Chairman for each Local Group, you could possibly get something in motion ie: boycot National Day next year, no local group display stand, no advance ticket bookings etc.......... surely this would make enough of a dent in the bank balance for someone to sit up and take notice?

babe do u fall out the wrond side of the the bed this morning...lol

your comments put a side,

IF the RSOC committee does not know what US the memeber want, how can thye chnage things????, if all people do is complain, with out giving reason, nothing will get done.

i for one will be going to the AGM this year and will be requesting

more spaces for local groups at national day
less static shows.
information which is on offer to local groups sent to local group chairpersons
Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Spiky

Matt.

i'm sorry but that is a total load of shit and the word BANDWAGON comes to mind

And who the fook are you to say i'm jumping on the band wagon, your obviously so far up there arses your sticking up for them.

When I was a member i got nothing for the money, the insurance was a total load of w4nk and the reasons for continuing as a member were non existant.

I now own an XR3i Which i transfered all my RS Turbo parts over too and have massivly modified, in my eyes its a RS Turbo.
The RSOC refused membership as i had the wrong chassis number to be in their club, and thats the main reason i will never go back to them.

PassionFord does not refuse membership to owners of Vauxhall, Nissan etc etc so why are they so stuck up to not allow there existing members to continue just because they have changed car???
Old 10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I now own an XR3i Which i transfered all my RS Turbo parts over too and have massivly modified, in my eyes its a RS Turbo.
Ah, now the truth comes out!

You're just pissed, because they wont let you join the club.. and quite rightly too!

Your car clearly isn't an RS as it's not an RS Turbo on the logbook, so what's your problem?
Old 10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

pmsl at me up their arses, how little you know...

if the insurance was expensive, did you then ring the RSOC to say this??? no i bet you didn't, why??? cos you like many others, just like to complain...

and xr31 is an xr31, and rs turbo is an rs turbo...simple

you know the laws of passionford, and the RSOC, why complain???? why???... oh yeah, cos youlike too
Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it doesnt matter what you say in that club, if the decision maker doesn't like it, it doesnt get changed - simple as that i'm afriad!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RichardPON

You're just pissed, because they wont let you join the club.. and quite rightly too!

Your car clearly isn't an RS as it's not an RS Turbo on the logbook, so what's your problem?

Yes mate correct, after being a member for a few years and then being told to go join the XR owners club i was/am rather pissed about it.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Racey
it doesnt matter what you say in that club, if the decision maker doesn't like it, it doesnt get changed - simple as that i'm afriad!
wrong, thats what the AGM is for
Old 10-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Yes mate correct, after being a member for a few years and then being told to go join the XR owners club i was/am rather pissed about it.

buy a RS then
Old 10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Spiky
Originally Posted by Racey
wrong, thats what the AGM is for
And who ever gets an invite to that??
All 6000 members??
Old 10-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

yes ANYONE can turn up, as long as your an RS member
Old 10-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I reckon we should all go up to national day in leather thongs and make a protest.

I might even shave my back escpecially.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by paddy1977
I reckon we should all go up to national day in leather thongs and make a protest.

I might even shave my back escpecially.

fpmsl How fooking funny are you,,,,,I'll be right behind ya,,,,,NOT,,,,,lmao!

As for all this problems with the RSOC and all that,,,well!

I sat for hours talking to a Chairman about this that and the other! Thing was,,,,,it was all total rubbish and infact I later found out that he himself was playing two members of a certain committee off against one another Now this proper pi**ed me off! Does not show a mature Chairman to me!!

I "used" to be a RSOC member, can't be arsed with it all now tbh, didn't bother renewing my membership either this year, I mean what do I get really?? Not alot to be honest for Ł30 ok so Ł30 ain't alot,,,,,but at the end of the day its still Ł30, moneys money as they say. Would rather subscribe to Bella or something now more freebies anyway

Spiky ya right though with a few things ya said! I personally don't think Local Groups get enough help from the main people and information is also lacking some what, but what can you do,,,,moan about it,,,,bring it up at the AGM, talk about it till your blue in the face!! Thats as far as it will go, like most things really!!

The RSOC is a HUGE club, but remember people,,,,its you the little people that make that club, so your views etc should be heard and something done about them if your not happy.

As for me,,,,,I'll go to the local group meets, I'll attend the Regional Shows as and when I can (sorry Spiky, yours was miles away,,,lol )
but thats it for me now, too much politics involved in it all, and I've got more important things going on in my life
Old 10-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Nikki
...Would rather subscribe to Bella or something now more freebies anyway
If you do it before the end of this month you get a free plastic wallet for up to 2 crochet needles. Snazzy "Bella" emblem printed on it too.

Aren't some of the comp[etitions great as well? I won the signed photograph of Charlie from Casualty last year. Lush.

As for the RSOC, the Surrey + Middlesex guys + gals are all cool and they don't seem to care what you drive.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:02 PM
soulweavers
PassionFord Regular

With all clubs members opinions differ and thus very often new clubs emerge, the whole point of a club is to give impartial advice to the members on matters relating to the car, second members create local branches to meet fellow enthusiasts, thus problems / advice / help / finding parts is available easily. National events are where all members get an annual chance to meet. Surely any problem should be discussed within the local club, then relayed to " head office ", this problem should be able to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fpmsl ,,,,,oooohhhhh may have to do that then,,,,,,lmfao

Well done too
Aren't some of the comp[etitions great as well? I won the signed photograph of Charlie from Casualty last year. Lush.

At the end of the day its a car club, I don't care what people drive,,,,,well aslong as its not a Nova Just as long as they are nice people, and I must say most of you I've met are all really nice

x x x
Old 10-08-2004, 02:10 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

The RSOC refused membership as i had the wrong chassis number to be in their club, and thats the main reason i will never go back to them.
Surely you (as a person) can join as an associate member, but the car cannot be registered with the RSOC since it's not an original RS.
Does the XROC allow me to join as a member, yes, can I register my RS with them, no (even it it has loads of XR bits on it ), I really don't understand where the problem is.

PassionFord does not refuse membership to owners of Vauxhall, Nissan etc etc so why are they so stuck up to not allow there existing members to continue just because they have changed car???
PassionFord is an internet forum IIRC, the RSOC is a club, there is a distinction there. There is nothing to stop you from joining the RSOC forum is there ?
Old 10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Nikki
At the end of the day its a car club, I don't care what people drive,,,,,well aslong as its not a Nova Just as long as they are nice people, and I must say most of you I've met are all really nice
Quite right, with the exception of Ballin, who is an agressive-homo-alpha-male, everyone I've met off here and the RSOC have been nice people.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:20 PM
dickymint
Regular Contributor

Sometimes even the Gods struggle in vane.!!

Dickymint
Old 10-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't be bothered reading all this bollocks, but all I will say is, if you have never been to an AGM, then you have no reason to comment in any, way, shape or form.

Go and voice your views / comments where they will make a difference .

You will also find that the club DOES offer quite a good service to the regional groups (which if you'd been to the last AGM you would know all about ).
Old 10-08-2004, 02:27 PM
CozzyBrom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it that as wind up pon or for real have then banned the bean tin boys from the club ?
the final straw for me was when i posted pics of my car up and the anorack wankers said its wrong to chop a perfectly normal 3door up and the fact i broke my saff up pissed them off
get a life rs boys there only cars
as for pon his car is a 20 gl so he wont be in it next yr
Old 10-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

Why with all the modern technology, do you believe your opinion is only valid if you drive half way across the country to a meeting?

Club needs to keep up with the times, people communicate in different ways.

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Can't be bothered reading all this bollocks, but all I will say is, if you have never been to an AGM, then you have no reason to comment in any, way, shape or form.

Go and voice your views / comments where they will make a difference .

You will also find that the club DOES offer quite a good service to the regional groups (which if you'd been to the last AGM you would know all about ).
Old 10-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Jon ERST S2
Why with all the modern technology, do you believe your opinion is only valid if you drive half way across the country to a meeting?

Club needs to keep up with the times, people communicate in different ways.
That is a fair point well made. We have teffelones and stuff.

No offence to people from Norwich, but you do all have webbed feet and marry your sisters.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
CabrioTurbo
PassionFord Post Troll

no point me joining although theywere quite happy to take the money last year and give 'part membership' or whatever waste of money that was
Old 10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

I've aired some of my opinions on there and also on Trudis post that seems to have slipped onto page 2 ......
Old 10-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wtf is "part membership",,,,is that for half ya aRSe,,,,,pmsl!

x x x
Old 10-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Oopss.. what have i started!!

I was simply responding to Gizmo's statement that he would like all members to:

Originally posted by Gizmo
Put your views here m8, that way everybody including the Comm, can read and agree or disagree.

Giz
I didnt mean to start a war over here too....
However... you may as well continue eh, but please leave some constructive criticism over there for the committee as im sure many hundreds of you have enjoyed the clubs memberships and events over the years and long may it continue
Old 10-08-2004, 02:53 PM
TILLIO
Advanced PassionFord User

No offence to people from Norwich, but you do all have webbed feet and marry your sisters.
FPMSL - quote of the day
Old 10-08-2004, 02:54 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by cozzybrom
[as for pon his car is a 20 gl so he wont be in it next yr
I can park alongside your 909 Sierra 1.6 L then
Old 10-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Have been a member of the Rsoc and have been too two local groups have had a good laugh with one group and was made to feel welcome and had lots of good advice and help.

The other branmch was seemed more clicky and stuck up but that mean there wasnt nice people there just the first local group was more welcoming.

I must say that any passionford meet I have gone people speak (okay I amy not be the most chatty person myself straight away).Seem more laid back and fun.

But I have made freinds that are still my freinds from the RSOC and made enemys and sure I have mnade freinds and enenmy from Passionford its just the way its is some people will be happy with the way things are run and some people wont
Old 10-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Have been a member of the Rsoc and have been too two local groups have had a good laugh with one group and was made to feel welcome and had lots of good advice and help.

The other branmch was seemed more clicky and stuck up but that mean there wasnt nice people there just the first local group was more welcoming.

I must say that any passionford meet I have gone people speak (okay I amy not be the most chatty person myself straight away).Seem more laid back and fun.

But I have made freinds that are still my freinds from the RSOC and made enemys and sure I have mnade freinds and enenmy from Passionford its just the way its is some people will be happy with the way things are run and some people wont
Old 10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Paddy
Legend

Originally Posted by Less

Thanks for clearing that up for us Less