Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Another crystal blue thread!! Just valeter well happy

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 07:56 PM
yawiejon
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another crystal blue thread!! Just valeter well happy

Had a friend give it good going over, and well happy with the results! Looks better in the flesh

Old 08-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Nice looking car
The following users liked this post:
yawiejon (09-07-2016)
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 PM
yawiejon

Old 09-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Mondi-DZK
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Nice car.
yawiejon (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:59 PM
1374lee
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 91 Likes on 91 Posts

Looks lovely. I was going to view this car when it was for sale last summer, changed my mind though.Results look good after the clean/valet.

CheeRS. Lee.
yawiejon (10-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 09:28 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

That Auto Finesse polish has done a cracking job on your paintwork, if it comes up as good as that I will have to try it!
yawiejon (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Thats stunning.
yawiejon (10-07-2016)

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2016, 10:06 AM
yawiejon

I'm not into the whole polishing process, too boring. Just glad I have a work mate that absolutely loves doing it!
Proper impressed though with the results

My fav pic -
Old 10-07-2016, 10:11 AM
yawiejon

I've just bought a VW camper van, and I nearly toyed with selling the Sierra, after seeing it cleaned and driving it yesterday I am so glad I didn't! Whilst I want the extra power, I can't bring myself to change it from its current complete standard form
Old 10-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Lovely car and in the best colour!

You can't get rid of that for a camper van!

May be getting shot of mine soon
Old 10-07-2016, 04:11 PM
1374lee
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
Lovely car and in the best colour!

You can't get rid of that for a camper van!

May be getting shot of mine soon
Don't do it Gaz, you will be sorry. Look at me, took me 2 yrs to get another after selling the 3dr.The cost of these cars now is rocketing.I had to pay through the nose for another, couldn't afford another 3dr, a hard leasson to learn and expensive at that.You have put so much into it,DON'T DO IT.

Thanks. Lee.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by 1374lee
Don't do it Gaz, you will be sorry. Look at me, took me 2 yrs to get another after selling the 3dr.The cost of these cars now is rocketing.I had to pay through the nose for another, couldn't afford another 3dr, a hard leasson to learn and expensive at that.You have put so much into it,DON'T DO IT.

Thanks. Lee.
Possibly mate but I melted no.4 piston a few weeks ago and I just really struggle with time these days so not sure when I'll get round to repairing it

I went for a test drive in a new Focus RS the other day and while it was nowhere near as much fun to drive as my saph (I defo couldn't leave it standard, way too slow!), it would be a better car for me at the moment, something that doubles as a toy as well as a daily plus I'd be happier putting my daughter in a new RS than I would in my saph

I'm not going to rush into making a decision though, nearly 35 large is a lot of dough to bang on a motor! Well for me it is anyway!

I've got a new Focus ST as my daily at the moment so I've got something nice to drive but just don't know when I'll get round to doing the saph

How's yours going?
Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Possibly mate but I melted no.4 piston a few weeks ago and I just really struggle with time these days so not sure when I'll get round to repairing it

I went for a test drive in a new Focus RS the other day and while it was nowhere near as much fun to drive as my saph (I defo couldn't leave it standard, way too slow!), it would be a better car for me at the moment, something that doubles as a toy as well as a daily plus I'd be happier putting my daughter in a new RS than I would in my saph

I'm not going to rush into making a decision though, nearly 35 large is a lot of dough to bang on a motor! Well for me it is anyway!

I've got a new Focus ST as my daily at the moment so I've got something nice to drive but just don't know when I'll get round to doing the saph

How's yours going?
Was your engine not that long ago built? Bet your pissed right off but as said I'd think very very hard about selling such a nice example
Old 11-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Was your engine not that long ago built? Bet your pissed right off but as said I'd think very very hard about selling such a nice example
Yeah it's done about 2000 miles!

I'm not that pissed off really, got lots of other things going on at the mo and I've got my Focus to drive about in for the meantime

I don't really want to sell but like I said I'm just struggling for time. What do decent spec saphs with dead engines go for nowadays?!
Old 11-07-2016, 03:00 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

I'm not that pissed off really, got lots of other things going on at the mo and I've got my Focus to drive about in for the meantime

I don't really want to sell but like I said I'm just struggling for time. What do decent spec saphs with dead engines go for nowadays?!
Take it back to who ever built and mapped it! Chuck some fucks into them
Old 11-07-2016, 08:12 PM
1374lee
PassionFord Post Troll

Didn't relaise that a piston melted, sh*t news Gaz.Yes take your time to think it over. I agree with your comments about putting your daughter in a Focus as opposed to the sapp, I totally understand that.

Thanks. Lee.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:51 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

You are more laid back about your 2000 mile new engine melting a piston than I would be! It must have cost you quite a bit and I would have thought whoever built it gave some sort of guarantee on their work?
Over boosting , weak mixture or whatever the cause I cant see its down to you to have to sort it out!
Trying to sell it with a knackered engine will be hard and you will be offered peanuts for it.
Its your call but I would be trying to get the engine builders to sort it out.
Best of luck.
Old 14-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Take it back to who ever built and mapped it! Chuck some fucks into them
I don't think it's a fault with the map tbh, cyl's 1,2&3 look absolutely fine so I don't think it's a mixture issue

Originally Posted by 1374lee
Didn't relaise that a piston melted, sh*t news Gaz.Yes take your time to think it over. I agree with your comments about putting your daughter in a Focus as opposed to the sapp, I totally understand that.

Thanks. Lee.
Still don't know what to do for the best really!

Originally Posted by cossynut2
You are more laid back about your 2000 mile new engine melting a piston than I would be! It must have cost you quite a bit and I would have thought whoever built it gave some sort of guarantee on their work?
Over boosting , weak mixture or whatever the cause I cant see its down to you to have to sort it out!
Trying to sell it with a knackered engine will be hard and you will be offered peanuts for it.
Best of luck.
There's no point me getting the hump about it really mate, it won't change the situation I'm in

As said I don't believe it's a map issue, something has caused it run lean on cyl 4 so I've got to do a few checks.

I don't what I'm gonna do as yet really, just leave it in the garage and have a think.
Old 14-07-2016, 02:36 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

After 2000 miles something was wrong
Old 14-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Sierrasideways
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by cossynut2
Best of luck.
Have to agree with cossynut2 here. Surely it isn't your fault and burden after 2 bloody k?

I don't think it's a fault with the map tbh, cyl's 1,2&3 look absolutely fine so I don't think it's a mixture issue

Still don't know what to do for the best really!

There's no point me getting the hump about it really mate, it won't change the situation I'm in

As said I don't believe it's a map issue, something has caused it run lean on cyl 4 so I've got to do a few checks.

I don't what I'm gonna do as yet really, just leave it in the garage and have a think.
Don't sell it. Such a good car with loads of quality workmanship and parts gone into it.

Good luck with getting it back to its full potential

OP:

Class car, looks awesome and obviously THE best colour

Philip.
yawiejon (14-07-2016)