Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

L8 remapping?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Prodigy4B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L8 remapping?

Just wondering how far on the mapping game has come on.

My engine was originally mapped by Ahmed Bayjoo on an engine dyno a few years back using L8, grey injectors for a 400bhp output,question is would it be worth having it remapped mabe with different injectors ect to make it better on fuel ect.

PS:The Co has always been 4.5 with this chip,can this be improved on?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Fuck yes,MSD could do it and with closed loop idle at 0.7 co
Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do hope that's not the idle CO ?, if so it's a piss take imo.
I was on greys T34.48, with a 200,000 miles engine(head was done, but original bores,piston, rings), so worn that it nearly was too worn to get a clean bore with 1st oversize and nearl skipped that to 2nd size!!
This was putting out 0.97% CO, 137 PPM on greys, unadjusted for mot, pisses through the mot, I could adjust it on the lappy if needed, but not needed.
THIS IS NOT ON CLOSED LOOP, although that is a feature that I have on ecu it is not enabled.
Did I forget to mention that I was on a different ecu ?
My car ran 100% perfect, would return 40+ mpg on a run, and didn't have a single hiccup anytime anywhere, would pull 100% cleanly from 900 rpm top gear hot or cold
I would say the greys are perfectly able to do the job perfectly, so if you have them I wouldn't swap, IF mapped correctly you can get good results on a good ecu with greys, if buying from scratch I would get siemens only as they are still made whereas the greys are not.
tabetha

Last edited by tabetha; 07-08-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Prodigy4B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
I do hope that's not the idle CO ?, if so it's a piss take imo.
I was on greys T34.48, with a 200,000 miles engine(head was done, but original bores,piston, rings), so worn that it nearly was too worn to get a clean bore with 1st oversize and nearl skipped that to 2nd size!!
This was putting out 0.97% CO, 137 PPM on greys, unadjusted for mot, pisses through the mot, I could adjust it on the lappy if needed, but not needed.
THIS IS NOT ON CLOSED LOOP, although that is a feature that I have on ecu it is not enabled.
Did I forget to mention that I was on a different ecu ?
My car ran 100% perfect, would return 40+ mpg on a run, and didn't have a single hiccup anytime anywhere, would pull 100% cleanly from 900 rpm top gear hot or cold
I would say the greys are perfectly able to do the job perfectly, so if you have them I wouldn't swap, IF mapped correctly you can get good results on a good ecu with greys, if buying from scratch I would get siemens only as they are still made whereas the greys are not.
tabetha
Yes thats the idle co,its always been a grey area getting it through Mot's!

Its always run rough around 1800rpm aswell but pulls cleanly after,was told this was a character of 403's?

It deffo does not get 40mpg on a run.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Prodigy4B
Yes thats the idle co,its always been a grey area getting it through Mot's!

Its always run rough around 1800rpm aswell but pulls cleanly after,was told this was a character of 403's?

It deffo does not get 40mpg on a run.
Mines on greys and runs mint. Speak to MSD mate
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

How a injector is supposed to be like that is beyond me!!
What you were told is complete shit basically, either that or the mapping was/is shit, or there is a problem with the car, that they couldn't give a shit about or fix, some tuners expect you to believe shit just because it's them saying it, and some lie, a lot.
I laugh at mot time, at other people cossies that is!!
A glitch around 1800 could be something easy like the tps having a dead spot, mine did on the L6, but fuelling was so shit, as in way too much, on msd/ggr chip even when running correct co that it effectively masked a lot of it problem wise.
When I put my emerald K3 on there there "glitch" was now so bad with the much finer better fuelling when being mapped we couldn't even drive through it, had to put on a new universal tps, then take 30 seconds to set up tps alignment with the laptop with the cable/software supplied, best thing I ever ditch was ditch the L6, I get average of 150 miles per tank more mpg now.
tabetha
Old 08-08-2010, 07:34 AM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The mileage is getting better and better. Now it's 40+. You're sure it's not 50 or 60?
Old 08-08-2010, 08:05 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

The mileage was calculated by using brim to brim fill at the same garage and worked out at 40.8MPG, which when I did maths was 40+, was your maths different then ?
This also was not what a lot would consider a "run" I used from Norfolk the A47, A17, A55, through Lincoln city centre, then the normal coast roads after that, a total distance each way of around 180 miles, time was around a tad under 4 hours from memory.
I HAVE THE MOT PRINTOUT AND AM VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY TO LET SOMEONE POST IT UP ON HERE SHOULD YOU WISH TO VIEW IT, just pm me and I'll email it to you, along with the receipt to show the new engine parts bought to replace the old worn parts.
REMEMBER THIS WAS ON A 200,000 MILE ENGINE, running to perfection, only "odd" thing was I had to in the winter add shed loads more fuel, but then rings were knackered along with pistons/bores.
After 200,973 miles(must get it exact for you) the crank is on the STANDARD GRIND on both big ends and mains, as are little ends, the 200,973 miles thrusts are being re-used also.
I have the complete history from day one so I can vouch that within around 5K miles the reading is correct, had a different speedo at around 130,000 with coloured dials.
have you sent your pm yet ?
Once run in I'm having a bash at cracking mpg heaven with the car just to see what it will do, THIS IS NOT ON CLOSED LOOP BUT IS MAPPED CORRECTLY, closed loop is but a click away on the laptop but does nothing for me.
tabetha

Last edited by tabetha; 08-08-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 AM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I am willing to believe a lot on weekdays, and twice as much on sundays.
But a 360 mile trip in under 4 hours, that's an average of more than 90mph.
You'de be lucky to get 20mpg.
If I were you, I would get the odometer recalibrated.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:51 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Prodigy4B
Just wondering how far on the mapping game has come on.

My engine was originally mapped by Ahmed Bayjoo on an engine dyno a few years back using L8, grey injectors for a 400bhp output,question is would it be worth having it remapped mabe with different injectors ect to make it better on fuel ect.

PS:The Co has always been 4.5 with this chip,can this be improved on?
yes that can be improved on massively!

where in the uk are you?

ahmed is one of the best in the business but that is not a charater of greys, they can be mapped like any other injector
Old 08-08-2010, 03:09 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

I thought it was VERY clear that the 4 hours was EACH way, I would find it a bit odd for someone to use the term EACH WAY if they were not stopping for some reason at what was obviously their destination, other wise it would have been a 360 journey, maybe it is my wording, the destination as seen other other threads was Scarborough/Yorkshire from Watton/Norfolk.
When doing the trip in the astra 1.4 auto it takes around 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 hours and does 36mpg, but is auto, so was more than happy with the cossie anyway.
Mileage obtained from sat nav not odo.
tabetha
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
The mileage was calculated by using brim to brim fill at the same garage and worked out at 40.8MPG
Sorry, I dont believe you.

but then rings were knackered along with pistons/bores.
Ah, now I do. You do realise that burning oil improves your MPG dont you?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I was tempted then to write a teal nice tech related post about emission control and why running leaner than lambda 1 isn't particularly good, and also dig into how many break points tabetha must have in his fuel table if closed loop has no effect,

But he would never answer anyway, so I won't waste my time. Instead I will just laugh at the caps he used almost shouting lol

Did he ever tell you he had one of our chips and it was no good on his car? Although it was a spec we have done hundreds of trouble free? But now has posted about a dead tps? I wonder why it didn't work? I wonder what else was wrong?

It's no wonder he doesn't want to use closed loop, that would mean buying a lambda sensor, lol, obviously not one to part with cash easily if he re uses £10 thrust bearings after a 200k mile rebuild? Lol
Don't tell me he re used the big end shells too by filling the gap with kit Kat wrapping?