Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

knackered after a workout...

Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default knackered after a workout...

OK, so here's a short history lesson

For about a year now I've been doing a few press ups and a few squats of a morning and evening for at least 5 days in a week, sometimes 6 or even 7 but at least 5

And I've been getting to that stage where 20 press ups and 20 squats has been fairly easy to do and im not out of breath

I've also started to use my multi gym in the garage, nothing fancy just a few things when I'm in there doing other stuff

Today I thought I'd have a proper workout and do sets and shit like they tell you to do and so after about 45 minutes of warning up (by tidying stuff up) I got down to business

I did 12 reps for everything, I did bench press first, starring with an indicated 15kgs, then 20, then 25 then 30 and then 35kgs

I attempted 40 but just couldn't shift it so I gave up

Then I worked my way down again to 15kgs where 15 felt like 35

Then I did a set of lat pull downs, started with 20kgs and, again, worked my way up in 5 kg increments until 40kgs and then back down again to 20kgs

All in all it took between 45 minutes to an hour, I didn't time myself so I'm not sure and the breaks between sets was as long as it took to get up, change the weight pin and then sit down again

The question now is that after I'd finished, I was so tired I could hardly stand up, let alone walk back along the garden to the house again, my legs were like jelly even though I didn't "feel" tired, it took about 10 minutes to get up and get indoors

At lunch time I had 2 cheeseburger happy meals and a big Mac because the kids decided that they weren't hungry after all and at around 6 I had 4 chicken fillet things from birds eye along with about 8 or so chicken nuggets and a point of mango juice so I certainty didn't miss a meal so why did I run out of energy?

Had a pint of milk now and my stomach is to full to eat anything else so what do I do to ensure I don't repeat thus tomorrow when its leg day?

Cheers
Old 12-08-2014, 09:43 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm no expert, but filling your body with shit from McDonald's is hardly the fuel for a work out. You might feel "full" your body isn't getting what it needs.
Old 13-08-2014, 10:00 AM
dojj

So what do I need to be filling it with them?

It's normally Indian food other than whetabix for breakfast
Old 13-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Harryh24
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah macdonalds and crap will only make you feel tierd! you need Chicken rice broccoli, real food, or of you must have a burger make it your self from actual meat and not the shit they use in fast food places! and have it with brown buns!
Old 14-08-2014, 08:54 AM
dojj

Yesterday I had my usual 3 wheatabix in the morning, big meal of dhal with roti at lunchtime, worked out at 5 and then ate from around 8 till 9 chicken curry and spring rolls and potatoes and stuff, yet I was perfectly fine and not tired
Old 14-08-2014, 09:02 AM
doga-ot
wesskitzo

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

You are eating shit bud you need lots of clean calories like fruit, weetabix bowls of pasta and bowls of tuna plenty of water! Proper chicken is good not mc d's chicken or nuggets fillets etc proper chicken fillets! Things like steak and boiled rice are gd for dinner shitty foods have lots of calories but they are bad fatty shitty calories

Last edited by doga-ot; 14-08-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 14-08-2014, 09:04 AM
doga-ot
wesskitzo

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Heres is how to make your own energy/weight gain shakes

Three-four large 1 L water bottles
A blender
Couple bags of frozen berries from Costco
A tub of natural peanut butter
A tub of protein powder
A few bags of low fat milk
10 minutes of your day
No, you are not mixing all these ingredients exactly but you can mix the following:

1-3 cups of low fat milk - 300 calories
1-2 cups of mixed berries - 200 calories
40-60 grams of protein powder - 160-240 calories
1-2 tbsp of natural peanut butter - 200 calories
As you can see, this adds up quickly to over 800 clean calories and they are all healthy foods. You will notice that these shakes have no junk sugars and no 'bad' fats. So for all those whiners who complain that they can't get enough food each day - throw that excuse out the window. You now have a solution.
Old 14-08-2014, 09:49 AM
HarryRS
Regular Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol is this thread serious?
Old 14-08-2014, 10:25 AM
dojj

i would love to do that mate but it's going to mean getting my own fridge in the garage for "my" supplies

doable but maybe not so practical

i've been going through all the threads about what to eat and how easy it is to get it, but it's not THAT easy when it comes down to the nitty gritty, especially when i'll probably need to eat out twice a day when i'm at work

pasta is easy enough to do though so i'll start on that, the only thing is that pasta fills me up after 2 bowls, but then the fullness doesn't last for more than a few hours as in the mornings i'm normally much hungrier, but as a midday snack to take to work it'll save me a few quid too
Old 14-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Harryh24
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the food is simple really, it's easy to take a plastic pot of pasta and tuna, or rice chicken and broccoli with you to work. or stop off and buy whiskey out and about you don't have to only eat crap there's plenty of healthy options.
Old 29-08-2014, 01:34 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You also did a lot more exercise than you were used to, so your body was shocked. But I agree with the rest, you need to eat correct for what you want to achieve, however there were plenty of calories in the McDonalds meals (which besides the amount of saturated fats, aren't actually that bad).
I'd suggest you either weren't hydrated enough, or you simply pushed yourself too hard without enough fuel inside you. It won't take long for your body to adapt.