Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Forum Users.Your Pics/Goals

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Bradz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Users.Your Pics/Goals

Im always curious to whats behind the keyboard and more so when its like this and a Fitness and weight training discussion part.

Always intresteing to see who is behind what they post.

So get some pics up guys and let us know what your Goals are in the Gym.

Ill start with me.

Most of you have prob read my main story:https://passionford.com/forum/fitnes...-my-story.html

I am Currently training 7 Days per week, 5 of them are Twice Per day and Preparing Myself to Compete on March/May this year.

If anything i am well ahead of the Game this time and want to try and keep it that way.

Problem last time round i tried to compete ws plain and simple, i wasnt carrying enough size before the diet and i couldnt shift the bodyfat fast enough (not enough cardio)

This time round I am loving cardio and 40mins in the morning i actually enjoy.

The Last 3 weeks ive noticed HUGE Differences in myself and so much people are mentioning it too.

Im carrying alot more size than i was last year so hopefully i should keep a decent size when the bodyfat starts to drop.

At the moment im loosing a steady 3lbs Per week.

Bloody Hard work, but right now There is Nothing else more i want than Standing on that Stage.

Ive had my ups and downs but if i can make it on Stage in March, i will be so Happy.

15 Weeks is a long way away so i expect ALOT of changes.

Diet Only begun This week,so im pretty Fat in these pics lol

Pics are poor and taken first thing in the morning and not after a workout so pretty flat, but you get the idea, Posing and sorting my routine is going to be an even bigger challenge and needs alot of work.

Stats currently are: 14stone 10lbs, Waist 32", Biceps 17 1/2", Chest 46", Calfs 19"

Legs seems be doing ok

Calfs are coming on pretty good

Brad

Last edited by Bradz; 07-01-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Love your calves... I've always said I'll aim for good calves as I can't do much upper leg stuff so when I wear shorts I'll still look good.

Benni.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looking well there fella good luck in march
Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brad what sort of cardio do you do in the morning?
Running, mix of walk and running, cycling, rowing machine?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My ugly mug: (purposely chose a horrendous photo )

Not sure how much weight I want to lose in stone, but I want to trim right down and start building muscle.

Joining gym wednesday - in the mean time been doing weights in my room.

Diet is sorted - 5/6 meals a day (chicken, couscous, tuna, rice, wholemeal pitta,eggs etc), and lots of water.
Old 19-01-2010, 08:34 PM
P412KER
PassionFord Regular

Only one i can find of myself at the minute, bit of an old one as i am a little bit lighter now (pics i was at 18 stone, now 17.5stone). trying to cut up a little and get down to around the 16 mark but easier said than done though....
Old 30-01-2010, 12:21 PM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

Ok, So im 6ft and at the start aprox 9 stone, currently i weigh 11 stone but im still very un happy with my size so will have to start looking up upping my tactics but for now this is me 2 years ago.

lanky 9stone lad no muscle at all

this me in the last few months, happy with how far i've come but want to go alot further and really increase my size which im struggling massively with, seem to have hit a wall at 11 stone i just cant pass.

I feel i could achieve alot more and might possibly look at trying another gym as mine doesn't have many people that are interested in muscle building but i will keep cracking on and hopefully something will change so i can continue to grow.

My aim is 13/14 stone of useable muscle so i dont lose much speed or stamina.

So thats me and my story

Chris
Old 30-01-2010, 12:55 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the bigger you get the more food you need to maintain size,youll need to up your food intake as you seem to have plateau'd
Old 30-01-2010, 01:12 PM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JamboRST
the bigger you get the more food you need to maintain size,youll need to up your food intake as you seem to have plateau'd
Yea i had considered that and have increased my protein as well as my main diet to push things along but currently its not working will give it a few more weeks before i start looking at other options. i think alot of the issue is at the gym so going to try and train when there aren't so many cardio freaks around!
Old 30-01-2010, 01:28 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by chris^si
Yea i had considered that and have increased my protein as well as my main diet to push things along but currently its not working will give it a few more weeks before i start looking at other options. i think alot of the issue is at the gym so going to try and train when there aren't so many cardio freaks around!
Nothing to do with the gym or who is there that your not growing its down to the amount of food you consume.If you want to be 13/14 stone then eat like a 13/14 stone man would and i bet its probably double what your eating at moment

Get the food down ya neck
Old 30-01-2010, 03:11 PM
mackers

The diet is key. I was exactly the same as you, 6ft 2 9stone, now 5 years later I`m 15 stone and counting. My diet is at leat 3 times what I would have ate at 9 stone. Diet, diet, diet, everything else is second to diet.
Old 31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
chris^si
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by mackers
The diet is key. I was exactly the same as you, 6ft 2 9stone, now 5 years later I`m 15 stone and counting. My diet is at leat 3 times what I would have ate at 9 stone. Diet, diet, diet, everything else is second to diet.
what does your diet consist of? i've shown godzilla my food consumption and he seemed pretty happy with it.
Old 31-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Wamnt to drop from 108 to 100 kilo's for May,
Diet - no set routine, I need disciplining.
Old 31-01-2010, 05:45 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by chris^si
what does your diet consist of? i've shown godzilla my food consumption and he seemed pretty happy with it.
PM your diet and i'll check it over m8
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

8 weeks ago;

Currently looking like this however;

This arm has really been a pain in the tits, feel like all my good work in the last 6months in terms of muscle mass and strength is instantly wasted.

Ideally be out of cast in march sometime, until then im a cardio monster again, want to drop another 8-12kg then start 'rehab' - get the strength up and basically start all over again, probably training 5x5 with the goal of competing in a powerlifting comp.

Right now though its back to 90mins cardio a day, try shed as much fat as possible. Keeping protein high at around 300g a day, high fats and less than 90g carbs.

Last edited by Coldo; 01-02-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How you do that?

Pretty nasty!

My goals -

1 - I want to be benching 100 kg with in the next two weeks, i benched 95 on Sunday!

2 - I want to deadlift 200 kg by the end of feb, my PB is 170kg's

3 - I want to get my sholders ALOT stronger than what they are!

4 - I want to gain alot of musle, this is what i look like now!

I started the gym end of october, i weighed 11 stone, i told my self i wanted to be 12 stone then bulk up, i went on my weight gain and got to my 12 stone which i have been since about december, now i have replaced my weight gain for protien which is making hell of a difference, all i need to do is keep it up!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ed_van_dijk
How you do that?

Pretty nasty!
Broke it arm wrestling a mate in the pub on 2nd January
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

My goal is to be single digit bodyfat by years end. Currently 4 weeks in and down to 18% from 23%.

Currently trying to tweak the diet to maintain muscle mass whilst losing bodyfat. I'm training hard and getting stronger so all good at the moment.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
Broke it arm wrestling a mate in the pub on 2nd January
How? Did it just simply snap under load? bet that would of been weird to catch on video
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

My current goal although maybe slightly ambitious is to be 250lbs cut. I am currently 248-249lbs odd but I am carrying too much fat. I would like to keep bulking for a few months then introduce some cardio to shed some fat. I don't want to be cut right up like some of you guys but just trimmed down so I have abs again. I think they are still there.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AquariousRS
How? Did it just simply snap under load? bet that would of been weird to catch on video
Yeah, the fella i was against was left handed so his strong arm v my weak one, we were stalemate in the middle for a bit then there was a loud snapping noise and my arm buckled on the table. Pretty grim
Old 08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
RichieL
Regular Contributor

looking fantastic bradz. has paul (godzilla) seen your pics?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Bradz

Cheers mate, paul has see then but not sure since ive started the prep for April Contest.

I Hurt my Neck on wed so that has been niggling at me the last few days but seems to be easing up and didnt affect be beasting chest tonight.

Pics below are poor quality taken today and the posing is pretty poor.

11 weeks to go and as off 2morrow im going to up the cardio and get the show on the road.

Last Fat pics ill be posting for a while haha

Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well i reached my goal of beching 100kg tonight
Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Kieron

Well i reached my goal of beching 100kg tonight
Congratulations.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
Congratulations.
Thanks, not bad i dont think considering in november i couldnt even bench 50kg, now i plan on goin up 5 kg every 2 weeks on bench, i can deadlift 170kg i want to be on 180kg tomorow, dont know if i can pull it up though, havent been training for high weight, just repping! See how it goes!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Kieron

Thanks, not bad i dont think considering in november i couldnt even bench 50kg, now i plan on goin up 5 kg every 2 weeks on bench, i can deadlift 170kg i want to be on 180kg tomorow, dont know if i can pull it up though, havent been training for high weight, just repping! See how it goes!
Thats some impressive progress mate but be prepared for it to slow up. The initial 6 months or so of training you come along leaps and bounds but your body will hit a wall whereby its hard to improve for the next 6 months or so imo. Hopefully you have the skills to overcome that plateau, unlike I did.

I have only been deadlifting for a few months now as I have previously had a very weak lower back and I am only lifting 140Kgs for 3 sets of 8-10 reps. There must be something wrong with me as I am always impressed by the weights some of you guys seem to lift on deads. How many reps you doing it for? Is it just a maximum? I am very cautious of trying for a one rep max on Deads as its so easy to lose form and injure yourself. I have never tried a one rep max.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah somone else told me ill hit a wall, i hope i dont, i want to be benching 120kg soon

Deadlifting i do -

70kg x 8 - warm up

130kg x 8

140kg x 6 and do 2 - 3 sets of these, might step it up abit and rep 150kg tonight, all depends how i am feeling tbh, deadlifting really takes it out of me!

and if im feeling strong ill go for a big pull (170kg +) i dont train for high weight really, just bulking out!

There was a guy pulling 240kg ish the other week, trying so hard he passed out after, didnt quite pull it up!

There is so much technique in deadlifting, its the most demarnding excersize there is i think, its all about the breathing and concentration! Its strange, i only started the gym in November to get a bit fitter and actually have some musle on my body, its to easy to get carried away

Also need to get back into squating, i do hate it though but my legs are getting so skinny, they have a new leg press but it isnt quite the same as a squat!

My poor old body is aching like fuck from mondays work out

P.s i am on some protien which is the tits, i couldnt recomend a better one tbh really see and feel the difference with this one, and its not badly priced either!

http://www.usn.co.uk/product/Best-Se...in--2.28kg-/33

I got it for alot cheaper than that though, think i paid just over Ł30

Last edited by Ed1; 10-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

Thats some impressive progress mate but be prepared for it to slow up. The initial 6 months or so of training you come along leaps and bounds but your body will hit a wall whereby its hard to improve for the next 6 months or so imo. Hopefully you have the skills to overcome that plateau, unlike I did.

I have only been deadlifting for a few months now as I have previously had a very weak lower back and I am only lifting 140Kgs for 3 sets of 8-10 reps. There must be something wrong with me as I am always impressed by the weights some of you guys seem to lift on deads. How many reps you doing it for? Is it just a maximum? I am very cautious of trying for a one rep max on Deads as its so easy to lose form and injure yourself. I have never tried a one rep max.
Must be something wrong with me also then as I have been deadlifting for some time now and never tried a 1 rep max. I'm happy to just be progressing steadily and allow my body to grow into handling heavier weight. Injury is a momentum killer and I would rather take a steadier approach.

Some impressive results from you guys on here though.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

Also need to get back into squating, i do hate it though but my legs are getting so skinny, they have a new leg press but it isnt quite the same as a squat!
The squat is king for me. Detest with a passion but that's because it's hard.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Kieron

I tried for squats last night as Wed is leg night. I do them most weeks but have found lately that the cold weather (no heating on my gym so its damp and cold) really plays on my knees. They feel like the caps are going to explode, even on warm ups or with no weight!

Gave squats the swerve last night and done 45 degree presses instead as they don't feel as bad on the knees.

Is it the cold or is it my old age?? Anyone else get this??
Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 PM
dp1958
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

the cold can be a bit of a c....t, for joints, and age [old] will cause problems too, but haveing said there are alot of 40/50 plus year olds in fairly good shape... depends what the term old means....
Old 11-02-2010, 10:54 PM
robocos
Regular Contributor

Talking

I tried for squats last night as Wed is leg night. I do them most weeks but have found lately that the cold weather (no heating on my gym so its damp and cold) really plays on my knees. They feel like the caps are going to explode, even on warm ups or with no weight!

Gave squats the swerve last night and done 45 degree presses instead as they don't feel as bad on the knees.

Is it the cold or is it my old age?? Anyone else get this??
Weds night is my leg night too. Oh how I look forward to it

I'm in Oz so have the opposite problem of it being too hot here. I feel my lower back after squatting and the knees have always been a bit 'creaky' but it doesn't stop me doing anyhting. I have had lower back strain in the past and thankfully rest sorted it out but it was a wake up call, hence taking things steadily now.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Kieron

Originally Posted by dp1958
the cold can be a bit of a c....t, for joints, and age [old] will cause problems too, but haveing said there are alot of 40/50 plus year olds in fairly good shape... depends what the term old means....
For me old means 34. So not old but obviously not a young lithe whipper snapper anymore.

Originally Posted by robocos
Weds night is my leg night too. Oh how I look forward to it

I'm in Oz so have the opposite problem of it being too hot here. I feel my lower back after squatting and the knees have always been a bit 'creaky' but it doesn't stop me doing anyhting. I have had lower back strain in the past and thankfully rest sorted it out but it was a wake up call, hence taking things steadily now.
I've had the back issues too Robo. Twinged it doing squats years ago so steered clear of them for quite some time. I had a broken hip socket too which didn't help me want to train legs! Anyway my lower back would go doing the most simplest of things, bending down to the sink to clean my teeth for example. There is no rhyme or reason as to when its going to go, could get away with it for months and then have a spate of it twinging all the time. A few months back I decided to build my lower back strength up and started doing dead lifts. It seems to have helped (touch wood). But yeah, I take things slowly too and always feel a little "crushed" after squats and shrugs when all that pressure is going down through the body.

It seems I am a catalogue of injuries and problems. Time to hang up my gloves.
Old 14-02-2010, 12:12 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For me old means 34. So not old but obviously not a young lithe whipper snapper anymore.

It seems I am a catalogue of injuries and problems. Time to hang up my gloves.

My 40th next week. My body aches more and more, recovery time seems to increase as well. My biggest problem is terrible pain on the inside of both elbow joints. Bicep curling is agony.

I think about giving it all up and becoming a proper fat middle aged dad

After a few days off though, I think I look like shite so drag my ass back to the gym. I train alone ( I am not a big fella by any means), and struggle to increase my weights, I am coasting on the legendary plateau and need some kind of kick up the ass.
Old 14-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Kieron

I get a pain over mt left inner elbow too. But mines from a tri popping whilst doing skull crushers. This is the second time I've had it go and the first took about 8 months to feel better.

I don't know if I will ever give up as i enjoy it but the older I get the less worried I am about missing a session or two. I guess I m more maintaining than building although I am having a stage of pushing myself at the moment.

You should put up your location, you never know there may be someone else on here looking for a partner in your area or someone you can join in with? Can't hurt.
Old 14-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I see Brad has reached one of his goals, and learnt to smile. He He!

Benni.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I flat benched 110kg x 1 last night, well impressed with myself
Old 09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Ed_van_Dijk
I flat benched 110kg x 1 last night, well impressed with myself
Woah! Your going up very quickly!

Benni.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Kieron

Nice one, keep it up mate its going in the right direction.

Quick Reply: Forum Users.Your Pics/Goals