Fiesta RS1800/RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta RS Range of cars.

Fiesta turbo starting and running issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Murfyboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta turbo starting and running issues

Guys help , right ok I have a fiesta running a OFAB ecu ( with a superchip piggy back module attached) bought the car as a non runner , I have managed to get it started with great difficulty , basically if I hold the throttle flat out whilst trying to start , the car will start to fire then. Have to feather ( on /off) and the car starts ( may take a minute turning over to start ) and will tick over and rev lovely it sounds sweet, problem is then the car starts to get really hot very quickly so obviously I have to turn the car off but then I get the starting issue again , I've changed injectors , cps, fuel regulator,tps, plugs and leads . I've checked the timing belt marks and that's fine , I'm beginning to think the coil pack , ecu or edis unit maybe faulty ? Anybody got any ideas as it seems to me like an ignition timing issue hence the engine overheating very quickly . Help😵