Concours d'élégance. The section dedicated to those who like things pristione and shiny. Buftys in other words.

Tonight at midnight - Project Awesome is launched!

Search this Thread

Old 31-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Polished Bliss
Official Car Care Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tonight at midnight - Project Awesome is launched!

Folks, tonight at midnight our very first own branded last step product will be launched; dubbed Project Awesome, it is in our opinion an incredible product and represents over six months of intensive collaboration between ourselves and Gloss It. A handful of lucky Detailing World members have already tested the final product for us, and feedback has been extremely good. In addition, Paul Wilkins at the Ultimate Shine has been testing it for us in a professional capacity for several months, and his reports posted on Detailing World have been mindblowing to say the least. We now invite you to take a detailed look at the product and what it offers here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...e-protect.html

Old 31-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

OK call me a pessimist (or a penis) but this product would have absolutely no use to the casual detailer as it can only be applied via a D.A? Do correct me if I am wrong if I have used the wrong terminology there or indeed if I am completely incorrect.

Also, it says SOLD OUT so whats the point in promoting a product that is sold out and is indeed a limited run?

I don't mean to piss on your parade but they are genuine questions and I can't figure out a way in which to word them that won't risk getting your back up.

Cheers
Tim

Last edited by Rick Astley; 31-08-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 31-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Polished Bliss

Correct about the application method, you do indeed need to be a hard core machine owning bufty in order to use the product. But seeing as half of our customers fall into that category, no problem there lol!

The sold out tag will be removed at midnight to reveal the usual add to cart button. Sadly our e-commerce software doesn't allow easy changing of the standard notices, but the text immediately above does say available from 01/09/09... and its not 01/09/09 yet!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with the new product mate. I've got loads of menz stuff left or I woulda got some. I've just ordered a few things off your site though as you seem a bit cheaper than cleanyourcar!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

price pls?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
craig2016
PassionFord Regular

Ł165.00 for 150ml
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Polished Bliss

...which gives 8-10 applications in total (with each set to last you 4-6 months before reapplication is required).
Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
dunketh
Chief Iron Oxide Farmer.

10 applications, 6 months life... thats 5 years of decent protection for 150 quid.

I thought it was really expensive til I thought about it a bit more.
Shame I havent got access to a power supply. Do they make DA buffers that run on batteries like cordless drills?

One point though, its a shame detailing and polishing companies such as yourselves only tend to demo your products on already decent cars. A better real test would be to get in a 20 yr old mk2 fiesta in radiant 'pink' and polish that up. Thus you'd have a sensible before and after experiment. Making a 'new' car shine looks all too easy to my non-expert eye.

Last edited by dunketh; 04-09-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Viper_
Part of the Furniture

There are a couple of battery powered DA machines that whilst no good for any kind of paint correction work, due to not having enough power, they would suffice for the application of products such as PB's in this case.

The first one was made by Meguiar's but it's been out of production for a few years now and so other than getting lucky on ebay, you might struggle to find one.

The other (which is usally for sale on ebay all the time) is a yellow coloured machine from SIP and is a dual action cordless unit that normally goes for about Ł40-50 ish. I think it only comes with one battery though and I've not used it myself so can't vouch for how effective it is at applying waxes and sealants etc.

Found one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosmo-Cordless...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rich, with it being a sealant, surely you don't really need a DA? I just put my sealant on with a polish applicator. The only thing I do with my DA is the polish/swirl removal stage
Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Viper_
Part of the Furniture

Although I've not used PB's new product, I'll make a guess that it's a little like Finish Kare's 2180 (just in usage, not the actual product), in that it's an LSP that needs to be 'worked' into the surface rather than something like Autoglym's Extra Gloss that's simply wiped on and left to dry. So a machine will make this much easier.

btw Rich, apologies for using products like the EGP and FK2180 here, as I know 'Awesome' is in a totally different league, but they were just 2 types of sealant that I've used that are polar opposites in how they're applied
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Polished Bliss

Originally Posted by dunketh
10 applications, 6 months life... thats 5 years of decent protection for 150 quid.

I thought it was really expensive til I thought about it a bit more.
Shame I havent got access to a power supply. Do they make DA buffers that run on batteries like cordless drills?

One point though, its a shame detailing and polishing companies such as yourselves only tend to demo your products on already decent cars. A better real test would be to get in a 20 yr old mk2 fiesta in radiant 'pink' and polish that up. Thus you'd have a sensible before and after experiment. Making a 'new' car shine looks all too easy to my non-expert eye.
The buffer question has been answered above - thanks Pit Viper! With regard to the cars we work on, it's true that most of our work is focused on cars less than five years old - this reflects the fact that folk are happy to spend hundreds of pounds on keeping newer cars tip top. Most folk with ten year old plus older cars aren't willing to entertain the idea of detailing! That said, we'll work on anything that comes in the door, so give us a twenty year old pink one and we'll show you what we can do. This Evo gives a good idea of what can be done to a truly knackered finish...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=40926

Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Polished Bliss

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
Rich, with it being a sealant, surely you don't really need a DA? I just put my sealant on with a polish applicator. The only thing I do with my DA is the polish/swirl removal stage
Yep you do - it's a polyaminosiloxane blend, and this type of polymer needs to be worked into the paint thoroughly if maximum durability is to be gained. You can apply it by hand as you would any other sealant, but then you could only expect 2-3 months durability from it; not ideal given the price tag!

Originally Posted by Pit Viper
Although I've not used PB's new product, I'll make a guess that it's a little like Finish Kare's 2180 (just in usage, not the actual product), in that it's an LSP that needs to be 'worked' into the surface rather than something like Autoglym's Extra Gloss that's simply wiped on and left to dry. So a machine will make this much easier.

btw Rich, apologies for using products like the EGP and FK2180 here, as I know 'Awesome' is in a totally different league, but they were just 2 types of sealant that I've used that are polar opposites in how they're applied
Don't be daft, everything and anything can be discussed in here!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

So its just like automglym extra gloss protection that you put on with a buff??

Sealers confuse me, if you use them, do you wax over the top?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Polished Bliss

The difference is simple; both waxes and sealants can be used to protect paint - waxes are simple naturally derived products, whereas sealants are polymers made by man. Both can be used together if desired, so long as the sealant is applied first (this is golden rule of detailing, and is the case due to the way that the products bond). Your summary of what Project Awesome is correct; it's a polymer sealant in the same way that the Autoglym product is, but in this case the blend of polymers used necessitates machine application. If you want to read up more on the difference between waxes and sealants, we done our best to discuss and illustrate the issue here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...s_protect.html