Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

iPhone: Jailbreak & OS 3.0 info

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Marts
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, Mac Users only

Originally Posted by Dev Team
This is the low down on our tools for use with the 3.0 firmware from Apple, read the whole post in full before attempting anything. Because of some bugs and unexpected changes this will be a multipart release, starting with the release of PwnageTool for Mac OS X. QuickPwn for Mac OS X and Windows will follow sometime soon, please don’t bug us about it, we are working flat out to get everything finished to release them.

Last edited by Marts; 19-06-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 19-06-2009, 06:00 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

having played with my iphone now for a good while, the only downside to all of this, is that this is how the iphone should have been sold in the first place, but i am pleased with 3.0 as a whole.
Old 19-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Marts

Thats an argument that'll go on for many years to come, Steve. It should have all the features every other phone has..... but then again, why havent other phones got the features the iphone has?
Old 19-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

I just picked my 3GS up from the courier ..

WOW what an improvement over 2G!

ive got the 2 running side by side, and opening apps issoo much faster on the 3gs

Granted the 2g is unlocked and jailbroken running winterboard (which can slow everything down) but even things like browsing has had a GT42 whacked on it

VERY pleased .........
Old 19-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Marts

How technology changes over the years Stu
Old 19-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Marts
How technology changes over the years Stu
Ive been keeping with the times

The HTC Touch HD has nice screen, but compared to the iPhone "fluid" usability, its bollox

PMSL at WM installing a widget over the top, just to be like the iphone is hilarious, it makes them slow and cumbersome

I was 100% windows mobile before, but now its just "too much stuff installed to get the right answer"

Yes Ive tried a Touch HD, and yes, it is pants compared to the iPhone (even the 2g PMSL)
Old 20-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Alex_86
Advanced PassionFord User

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/1269...edsn0w-in-june

JB is out for win

ipsw files is found at apple site
Old 20-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Marts

Cheers for updating us mate! I've been at work all day so couldn't check.

I'm off to JB now
Old 20-06-2009, 04:57 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sorry I've just got in and don't want to re read 5 pages again so Do I need the ipsw file to jail break and I'm guessing redsnow is what I need to do so??

Last edited by st3v3; 20-06-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 20-06-2009, 08:51 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Bttt
Old 20-06-2009, 09:04 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Originally Posted by st3v3
Bttt

In the time between your posts you could of read the thread 100x over
Old 20-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

2G jailbreak and unlock here - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

3G jailbreak only here - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4301
Old 20-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Marts

Just use the ipsw file you saved when you upgraded
Old 20-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Both the above links contains all the files - including the ISPW's - you need
Old 20-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Marts

I wondered how long it'd take you to spot this thread thrush lol
Old 20-06-2009, 10:02 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well untill i get anymore questions i just want to say thanks to Marts with all the help youve given to me and everyone else.

cheers mate

steve.
Old 21-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Marts

Thanks Steve Not that I did it for any recognition or anything... just doing my bit to help out.

In regards to Installous that I mentioned a while back, the app works on 3.0, which is great news. Its probably one of the only apps i was worried about with this jailbreak.... but it works. If you dont know what Installous is, its basically a cracked AppStore! All these apps you see in iTunes and Appstore that cost money... well they are in installous for free Im just waiting for the release of TOMTOM to be cracked and then it'll be in installous too!

If anyone is interested, you'll need to open up Cydia, go to Manage at the bottom and then click Sources. Click edit and then Add.

Inside the text box that pops up type (after the http://) cydia.hackulo.us and then add source.

Restart Cydia and search for Installous. Install it. You will also need to search and install AppSync. Appsync allows itunes to sync cracked apps.

Installous/hackulous's server was down yesterday, but it should be back up today.

When you do go into Installous, just search for whatever you want and you will find

I hope everyones Jailbreak went well yesterday.... I nearly screwed up the press for 10 part lol, werent paying attention, but it still worked out ok

edit: Another bit of info on what i said above... If you visit sites like http://appulo.us/appdb/ or even http://rapidlibrary.com/ you'll be able to download apps to your home PC/Mac. Double click the .ipa file (wherever you saved it) and it will autosync it into your iTunes Application section. When you plug your iphone into itunes, it will sync that app to your iphone ** Only works if Appsync 3.0 is installed **

Last edited by Marts; 21-06-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 21-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Marts

In this thread it's been said that bluetoothing between phones is something they wished the iPhone could do... I said it always has been capable - and it still is

The app is called iBluetooth. It is available via cydia, but its only a 15 day trial... but i found the cracked version

If anyone is interested, you'll need to open up Cydia, go to Manage at the bottom and then click Sources. Click edit and then Add.

Inside the text box that pops up type (after the http://) xsellize.com/cydia/youtube-youtube and then add source.

Restart Cydia, click Manage, Sources... Click on the newly placed Xsellize Source and then scroll down for iBluetooth. Install it.
Old 21-06-2009, 11:04 PM
zvhrst

might sound thick
but is this redsnow the jaiulbreak for a 2g iphone runing 3.0??

if not wherre do i go to jalbreak my 2g phone?
Old 21-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Marts

yes it is, as well as the 2G unlocker
Old 22-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Northern Bloke
PassionFord Regular

Couple of useful links there Marts, Cheers

Thought I'd trashed mine but deleting apps and re-adding sorted it. Just got it's knickers in a twist
Old 22-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Installed the iBluetooth, but it just crashes everytime I try to send or receive....
Old 22-06-2009, 10:44 AM
zvhrst

JB'd mine last night, and installed the INSTALOUS
now i think i may need more memory lmao
Old 22-06-2009, 10:50 AM
zvhrst

anyone know if i can download a cracked version of
swirly MMS??

its a program avalibale on cydia for MMS on a 2g iphone, you get 15 day free trial, but then need to pay $10
just wondered if anyone knows a cracked app location for this, or if anyone has a serial number?
Old 22-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

If you are on 3.0, SwirlyMMS will not install. Version 2, needs to be updated to v2.1 as it's not compatible with OS3.0 yet.

As for cracked - remember these aren't AppStore apps - the developers won't continue to develop apps and maintain them and offer support if you pirate them and install them illegally! For something like total MMS contral (I have used the latest SwirlyMMS2 on OS2.2, and it is very good - pictures, voice memo's, contacts, files/docs/etc) just pay the Ł5-Ł6!
Old 22-06-2009, 03:09 PM
zvhrst

ive found a cracked version of swirly MMS v1 in the source

xsellize.com/cydia/youtube-youtube

so am happy wi that
Old 22-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Marts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Installed the iBluetooth, but it just crashes everytime I try to send or receive....
I think i read somewhere that if that happens, simply uninstall and reinstall. Mine works ok.

Seems TomTom has been beaten to it by Navigon. Mint app Kicks the cr@p outta xGPS! (and possibly TomTom) 1.79GB of my memory tho.

No probs about the links guys... just doing my bit to help you out.

Last edited by Marts; 22-06-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 22-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Marts

Originally Posted by Northern Bloke
Couple of useful links there Marts, Cheers

Thought I'd trashed mine but deleting apps and re-adding sorted it. Just got it's knickers in a twist
I did something to mine too.... I hard to do a complete restore. A little P'd Off considering i'd spent ages going thru all catergories of Cydia replacing my old apps (aptbackup didnt work for me!) and then Bam, I auto upgraded one and it thru my phone into the boot screen and wouldnt come back.....

A quick fix soon sorted it by putting the iPhone into DFU Mode and allowing iTunes to recognise it again.... Had to restore via right click on Restore and pointing it to the ispw i saved previously when updating to 3.0. Then i had to rejailbreak, and thn again go through al the bloody catergories and get back what i had to start with

Anyways, quick fix as follows (just incase)

Connect iPhone to computer. Hold Sleep and Home button together for exactly 10 seconds... release sleep button, but continue to hold Home button for a further 10 seconds. It should then boot into safemode so that iTunes can recognise it

Last edited by Marts; 22-06-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 22-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

AptBackUp didn't work for me either. I found it didn't work when going from 2.1 to 2.2 either, but 2.2 to 2.2.1 worked fine, so it didn't surprise me when it didn't work with 2.2 > 3.0 (plus the fact iTunes had to be upgraded to 8.2 means the plist was probably lost anyway)

Had to re-jailbreak today to get a few apps working properly, and some still don't work fully as they did on 2.2. Fortunately, with redsn0w you can just run the program again to re-jailbreak without having to do a shift+restore > ISPW process in iTunes, which saves a lot of hassle!

After that Cydia updated properly and allowed theming with Winterboard to work (almost) fully. I say almost, cos it still won't do keyboard themes for some reason. Also my Notifier Widget (Which gives you the text on the lockscreen - click for pic) won't work properly. Turn it on in WB and you lose your lockscreen wallpaper for some reason. Turn it off and you get your wallpaper back, but of course, no notifications. Status Notifier (the little icons up in the top status bar) works fine tho (which needs to already be installed for Notifier Widget to work)

Just waiting for the SwirlyMMS2 to be sorted for OS 3.0 and I'll be back in business!
Old 23-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Marts

I found that winterboard didn't work fully first like the background wouldn't show behind the icons etc. But then after the rejailbreak it works properly. Status notifier works as it should. Infact 99% of everything I had originally works

got an email to say 'sorry' DevTeam have stopped working on quickpwn 3.0, but should have it released by Friday, along with ultrasn0w.
Old 23-06-2009, 06:25 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Can anyone assist.

I have a 2G Iphone that I want to put on Vodafone.

It doesn't appear to have any firmware on it, so I'm guessing its in "restore mode" or something.

If I plug it into Itunes without a Sim it wont recognise the phone, and with a Vodafone Sim, it simply says that the Sim card is not supported.

What do I do from here?
Old 23-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by zvhrst
well updated mine at 3am this morn,
must say, it does respond MUCH faster, but is this because i now have 5 gig free space due to all my previous cydia apps been removed?????

still miffed about this mms not been able to work on the 2g,
guess i'll just have to wait until the JB gets released and try and find the app i was using before, for mms. (cant remember the name) but i also guess i'll have to pay $10 for it again as it will recognise my phone as a diferent phone now after the update??? oh SWIRLY MMS i think it was called, (anybody else use this>???)
Swirly has not yet been released for 3.0 firmware - we are all waiting for the update to v2.1, as 2.0 crashes on iPhone Os 3.0.

If you already had Swirly installed and paid for a licence, you won't need to pay it again. The app recognises the serial of the phone, not it's firmware or owner status. If you change your handset, you would need to pay it again tho.

A word of warning - the first Swirly app, Swirly MMS v1 will NOT be ported to OS 3.0. Only v2 (known as SwirlyMMS2) will be ported (after it's 2.1 update). If you originally had Swirly 1, you will have to pay a $6 upgrade fee to run SwirlyMMS2...
Old 23-06-2009, 06:30 PM
akamob
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Just unlocked my 3g with Ultrasnow. Works very well.
Old 23-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Can anyone assist.

I have a 2G Iphone that I want to put on Vodafone.

It doesn't appear to have any firmware on it, so I'm guessing its in "restore mode" or something.

If I plug it into Itunes without a Sim it wont recognise the phone, and with a Vodafone Sim, it simply says that the Sim card is not supported.

What do I do from here?
I'd suggest the best thing to do is put the phone in RESTORE MODE (see HERE

This will allow iTunes to install and OS onto it.

Once iTunes has done this, it will tell you it has no sim card. Close iTunes and install your Voda sim. Then run the relevant jailbreak and unlock (if you have iTunes 8.2 it should automatically install 3.0, in which case you'll want to follow THIS guide to jailbreak and unlock your 2G)

Then once it's all rebooted and working, open iTunes and it should show up fine in there
Old 23-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I found that winterboard didn't work fully first like the background wouldn't show behind the icons etc. But then after the rejailbreak it works properly. Status notifier works as it should. Infact 99% of everything I had originally works

got an email to say 'sorry' DevTeam have stopped working on quickpwn 3.0, but should have it released by Friday, along with ultrasn0w.
Yeah I had same problem - had to rejailbreak to get WB to work fine. My Status Notifier works as it should too - just not the Notifier Widget (for lock screen) which is annoying as I liked that!

No real need to QuickPwn 3.0, as Redsn0w works perfectly to unlock and jailbreak the 2G's (no idea if it works on the 3G - I've not got one... yet )
Old 23-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Kris_23

Thanks Steve Not that I did it for any recognition or anything... just doing my bit to help out.

In regards to Installous that I mentioned a while back, the app works on 3.0, which is great news. Its probably one of the only apps i was worried about with this jailbreak.... but it works. If you dont know what Installous is, its basically a cracked AppStore! All these apps you see in iTunes and Appstore that cost money... well they are in installous for free Im just waiting for the release of TOMTOM to be cracked and then it'll be in installous too!

Inside the text box that pops up type (after the http://) cydia.hackulo.us and then add source.

Restart Cydia and search for Installous. Install it. You will also need to search and install AppSync. Appsync allows itunes to sync cracked apps.

Installous/hackulous's server was down yesterday, but it should be back up today.

When you do go into Installous, just search for whatever you want and you will find

I hope everyones Jailbreak went well yesterday.... I nearly screwed up the press for 10 part lol, werent paying attention, but it still worked out ok

edit: Another bit of info on what i said above... If you visit sites like http://appulo.us/appdb/ or even http://rapidlibrary.com/ you'll be able to download apps to your home PC/Mac. Double click the .ipa file (wherever you saved it) and it will autosync it into your iTunes Application section. When you plug your iphone into itunes, it will sync that app to your iphone ** Only works if Appsync 3.0 is installed **
Have just updated/Jailbroken/Unlocked my 2G iphone all works well everythings works.

Just want to know if and how the installous apps update?
Old 23-06-2009, 07:59 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Thrush
I'd suggest the best thing to do is put the phone in RESTORE MODE (see HERE

This will allow iTunes to install and OS onto it.

Once iTunes has done this, it will tell you it has no sim card. Close iTunes and install your Voda sim. Then run the relevant jailbreak and unlock (if you have iTunes 8.2 it should automatically install 3.0, in which case you'll want to follow THIS guide to jailbreak and unlock your 2G)

Then once it's all rebooted and working, open iTunes and it should show up fine in there
Superb info - done as you described and worked first time!

Now what's all this Cydia stuff about?

How do I get different apps on the phone?
Old 23-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Cydia is like the AppStore - but for non-legit apps! You don't need a computer to use it - you simply browse and install directly from the Cydia app
Old 23-06-2009, 08:17 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Over the net?

Mine's 2G, and I can't remember the password for my wireless network at home!
Old 23-06-2009, 08:24 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So will there be a QuickPwn for 3.0 as it was soooo easy for 2.2x ??

Quick Reply: iPhone: Jailbreak & OS 3.0 info