Cars for Sale Register for a Gold Membership to sell your car here!

sierra GT24v in gulf clrs, £3500. needs work, been stood

Search this Thread

Old 30-03-2013, 08:10 PM
yellowsierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m4tt274
Fitz?
he had a pretty massive line of customers waiting on him.
cor you aint wrong mate

Anyone parting with money or there car to him needs there head read, me included

AS I would be 8k and a car better off !!!
Old 30-03-2013, 10:06 PM
ABCDanny
Virgin

Originally Posted by yellowsierra
cor you aint wrong mate

Anyone parting with money or there car to him needs there head read, me included

AS I would be 8k and a car better off !!!
And me
Old 30-03-2013, 10:16 PM
ABCDanny
Virgin

Sorry not to slate you at all. I appreciate you want to sell the car. But honestly I'd lose anything on the car related to that company and maybe let it on gumtree or as previously mentioned on eBay as it will find its price. Just don't mention the company.
Old 30-03-2013, 11:33 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is simply not worth even half of what you are asking for it. It really is a case of not getting back what you put in.
Please realise that people are trying to help with there advice.
Old 31-03-2013, 12:20 PM
tee-rex
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by gulfstreamrob
Mrs did the maths on this sale,
Unknown to me she factored in the crazy interior and custom install which aren't available as they're going in my next, and last sierra project.

PRICE IS NOW AJUSTED TO 7k
Mate your mrs did the Maths because she believed all the money and time you have put into this car was all worth it and you would always see a good return. I think a few people would be interested in it at the right money between £1500-£2000. Sorry to sound negative. eBay is probably your best option classified ad with make best offer.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
yellowsierra
Advanced PassionFord User

As said above, you need to Completely disassociate any involvement with the Builder and let it find it own Value on Ebay.
Or pull the Engine and sell it separately, again NOT saying were it was built
Old 09-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

As most people have said, i think the price is too high. the only thing worth any large amount of money would be the engine, otherwise it's just a 5 door hatchback sierra with a bodykit that will only appeal to the younger generation... but they wouldn't be interested in a 20+ year old sierra hatch. Would have made this kind of money in the Max Power era, but it's simply not going to sell these days.

I would advise breaking it, many of the parts will make sensible money (see the cosworth parts for sale section for ideas), you could try to sell the shell on ebay, but i wouldn't imagine there would be much interest.

The engine is interesting, but with that much work/money put in to it, it should be making way more than 300bhp. :S

hope you manage to make some money back on it though, as it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into making something a bit different
Old 10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get an MOT on, buy a breaker sierra that runs, like a 1.8GL or something and use it for any parts this are missing.
Old 29-04-2013, 11:28 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't normally comment on for sale threads - but, with all due respect, you do need to be much more realistic if you plan to shift it. It's a Sierra with no T&T, no dash, and no wheels. It also has quite extreme bodystyling for a market that is famed for liking conservative OE external modifications. If I'm being brutally honest it's worth a fraction of the asking price - and it's not the Top Boss association that's holding it back.

Please, please don't spend any more money on it, as you will not recoup your costs!!! That's not how it works.
Old 29-04-2013, 11:07 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ok peeps.
Just if anyones intrested in how this threads going, (crashing/ burning)
Iv been offered a lifeline by my good friend hot-rod-joel, from the grove autobody here in manchester.
ihe thinks we can turn this car around, and put his own stamp on it with an investigation, rebuild, a visual makeover and breath new life into what he thinks is an overall good car with all the right notes, not neseseraly being played in the rigth order

So, iv said if I get no joy with this sale, he can consider the job his and we can figure out any profit at a later date.

In the mneantime, it is still for sale, so I never hav to hear about it ever again!

It seems obvious I will now hav to declare this open to offers,
But please, no pisstakers. I know its gone pear-shaped and don't need any smart arse jokes. (Don't get me wrong, I love the banter, and can take a joke, but this is just a headache now)

If anyone really knows they want to find out more about this car, or open a conversatin about it with the right kind of questions, (I.e, not; 'what's the lowest you'l take for her?')
Then please do get in touch, via msg, comment, email or txt/ phonecall

Like iv said, there's a deal there somewhere if somebodys got time for a tlc job on this beast
Cheers
Rob save yourself a lot if time and put up what you'll take for the car or very near that amount.

The days of people ringing you up,offering £5000 then ending up at £6/6500 are long gone,now what with eBay/distance selling etc people would rather say "yes ill pay that" or " no thanks,that's way out of my price range,I won't insult you".

Days of standing there bartering for 3 hours are well gone.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

i am half tempted by this but will need to be considerably lower than £3500 before i will come and view.
the add is very unclear as you say its supercharged and then say it isnt ?
so whats been altred to fit a supercharger etc, a better spec list and engine bay pics are needed asap.
Old 13-05-2013, 06:57 AM
rallycross
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Youd be better off starting a new add put some detailed pictures and write up what the spec includes and dont confuse things by talking about what it should have had or what's getting taken off. Can't see it being worth more than £800 to £1k your advert is not helping you sell it.
Old 20-05-2013, 02:59 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

You REALLY need to delete this thread mate and start a fresh.. sit down and spend some proper time putting together a well written advert and some proper pictures!
Old 21-05-2013, 07:59 AM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You are to some extent trying to sell a dream.

Allow what you actually have and just make an advert.
Its a sierra GT 4 door with a body kit, respray, 24v fitted and as far as i can tell, about that? its a none runner and has no Tax or test. You have nuts to think someone would have paid you £8,000 for it. Did you not look at what others are fetching first?
£3000 is better but still to much imo.
Old 21-05-2013, 08:14 AM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Sorry to say fella cut your losses if this car http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=111073136336 which is a proper machine with its spec only just makes £3000 and look how much interest there's even a tread on here about it then you have absolutely no chance of getting more than 1k for this!

Last edited by doga-ot; 21-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 27-05-2013, 07:20 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by doga-ot
Sorry to say fella cut your losses if this car http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=111073136336 which is a proper machine with its spec only just makes £3000 and look how much interest there's even a tread on here about it then you have absolutely no chance of getting more than 1k for this!
i was highest bidder on the scorpio, im waiting to hear back from tt if they will accept my offer.
if i can get the car i will be looking for something to reshell the drivetrain into, this sierra would possibly be a good candidate but it would have to be as it is in the photos with wheels and everything and alot less than £3k, but none the less as i said earlier in the thread i could be interested at the right price.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:16 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Yeh we could sort smthing.
Your a long way away though!

Just let us know how your scorp deal goe's.
distance is irrelevant to me mate
as long as its on uk soil im good to go
i may be in touch to discuss a deal then if the scorpio deal goes through