Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

protein drink

Search this Thread

Old 27-06-2007, 08:20 PM
geordiegooner
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default protein drink

new to all this exercise in the gym lark but have played football most weeks for 20 + years so still quite fit.my problem is de hydration after using the gym roughly 2 hour session twice a week.usually just drink water before/during/after the gym but what protien drink should i use instead.
thanks
Old 27-06-2007, 08:26 PM
dave_si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the stuff i use

http://www.creatinestore.co.uk/produ...stant_Whey.asp

Does the job
Old 27-06-2007, 08:32 PM
geordiegooner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you need to drink this daily then?or just after exercise.not going in for big muscles ect just clocking on near 40 so want to keep as fit as i can.
Old 28-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

I can't see how a protein shake will help with dehydration. Get yourself a high energy drink for that and keep your water intake up!
Old 29-06-2007, 07:54 AM
smudgerz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Kieron
I can't see how a protein shake will help with dehydration. Get yourself a high energy drink for that and keep your water intake up!
A protein drink wont help with dehydration, as Kieron said. When taking in extra protein you need to drink more water through out the day.

Smudge
Old 29-06-2007, 08:39 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

try something like lucozade sport or powerade......got all the isotonics etc in them to replenish.
Old 30-06-2007, 10:13 AM
DaveMCMkIII
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Protein shake will not help dehydation, in fact, form my experience it makes it worse. Theres no scientific evidence to suggest that carbohydrate and electrolyte drinks offset dehydration during standard gym weight training, as weight training will not dehydrate significantly at all. UNless you are performing atleast 45-60 minutes cardio type exercise will a carbohydrate drink possibly help. However, the fluid needs to be consumed atleast 1 hour before you do your cardio based work, otherwise it does not have time digest into your system and be available for use, plus it may cause you stomach discomfort. In other words, I suggest you continue to drink plenty of water before during and following training, and possibly a carbohydrate drink atleast 60mins before cardiowork. Electrolyte drinks like hydroactive will not help you as you will be sweating no where near enough to have enough sodium loss for it to have to be replaced. This said, these fluids may increae your palatibility to fluid (i.e. encouage you to consume more fluid).

Trending Topics

Old 30-06-2007, 02:31 PM
mart.rs

personally i dont believe in all these high energy drinks like redbull etc.....
they mess you up internally and have way to much sugar in them. protein shakes are ok if you wanting to build muscle and tone because they help to maintain muscle you have worked on so protein in the system is a good way of "keeping up your strength and build".Although you can get protein in other forms of food like tuna,salmon,eggs and chicken etc these all help in keeping the good nutrients that your body needs whether your building muscle or simply doing c.v!!