The Midlands This is where members from the Midlands can arrange their meets and chat together.

Let's Get Birmingham Going Again...

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2013, 08:16 AM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Let's Get Birmingham Going Again...

Right, I've been off here for a while now due to a few family difficulties and commitments as well as starting a new job I haven't had the time to sit down and try to get Birmingham buzzing a hub for Fords (especially with Ford Fair over the Horizon) need to get to know the local Ford fans in the area and get some regular meets started.

Now I haven't had any experience in organising meets or such previously but it is something I am willing to start concentrating on in order to get this moving.

Pop in say hi, leave a little about yourself, let's start building a community around the one thing we all share in common... The Blue Oval
Old 20-04-2013, 01:32 PM
bigkevin
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

count me in, b31
Old 20-04-2013, 05:23 PM
nathr90

Sounds good to me not that far I'm in nuneaton
Old 20-04-2013, 07:59 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Solihull here just started a new job so wont be for a while yet but definitely looking at getting a monthly meet started or something
Old 22-04-2013, 04:40 PM
tones
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smudgerbyname
Solihull here just started a new job so wont be for a while yet but definitely looking at getting a monthly meet started or something
I'm in Solihull to so ill be there if I'm not working or at a RS club meat
Old 22-04-2013, 05:00 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

speak to coleyst200 as he used to be the man for brum, any help to get you guys swinging Ian and me will help Im sure
Old 25-04-2013, 10:07 AM
sham27

solihull and kingsheath
Old 27-04-2013, 11:05 AM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by sham27
solihull and kingsheath
where abouts in kingsheath? My parents are in Billesley
Old 27-04-2013, 11:08 AM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1-PD
speak to coleyst200 as he used to be the man for brum, any help to get you guys swinging Ian and me will help Im sure
Cheers will do. Got to get my trip to America out the way first but once I'm back from there I have a lot to do to get my focus ready for Ford Fair. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get it sorted as well as organize a meet prior to FF so that I can atleast get to know a few of the locals and get some sort of scene growing again down here
Old 28-04-2013, 03:46 PM
nathr90

What do you guys drive I've got a mk1 focus I'm guessing this will likely be in Solihull when it's sorted
Old 28-04-2013, 03:52 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by nathr90
What do you guys drive I've got a mk1 focus I'm guessing this will likely be in Solihull when it's sorted
I'm going to try and find a large pub/bar with big enough car park so that we can do a monthly meet there or something. I think the idea of just going to a big tesco or something is a little redundant now a days so it won't necessarily be in solihull but will be in the surround area hopefully.

As for me I have a MK1 Focus Estate since I needed something bigger for my work horse so at the same time can't do anything crazy to this car just yet
Old 28-04-2013, 04:27 PM
nathr90

Yeah cool could do a tesco till somewhere else sorted to get things going yeah I want to do more to mine but getting married next year so gotta save my money lol
Old 28-04-2013, 05:25 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

I know exactly what you mean. Well at the moment it will prob be a tesco location if we can get enough people but what I might do it alongside another cruize as well
Old 28-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Daniel-1986
Regular Contributor

u got the big Tesco in monkspath just off J4 off M42 but that has attracted police there in the past due to boy racers going there

Last edited by Daniel-1986; 28-04-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 29-04-2013, 09:55 AM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daniel-1986
u got the big Tesco in monkspath just off J4 off M42 but that has attracted police there in the past due to boy racers going there
Yeah I know if I was going to do a Tesco location now it would most likely be the one at the swan island in yardley. ITS HUGE, great entrance and lighting as well
Old 30-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Daniel-1986
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by smudgerbyname
Yeah I know if I was going to do a Tesco location now it would most likely be the one at the swan island in yardley. ITS HUGE, great entrance and lighting as well
I been to that car park and is quite big tbf, never seen what its like of a night lighting wise
Old 30-04-2013, 04:27 PM
bigkevin
Regular Contributor

when is this going to start then?
Old 30-04-2013, 09:44 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Just started a new job Kev and am going to america in 5 weeks so unless I can get something sorted before then it wont be for a couple of months yet. ill see what I can sort out though
Old 25-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Anything going on over the Bank Holiday Weekend?
Rich
Old 26-05-2013, 07:18 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Right, Sorry for the lack of an update recently guys been really busy trying to finish off the details for my upcoming trip to America so been really busy over the last week or so.

I was hoping on getting something organised for the bank holiday but between work and this trip any free time I have is pretty much gone...

It also might have something to do with the fact that my focus is still in pieces until I find the time to get that sorted as well (Deadline will be Ford Fair, hopefully)

I am determined in getting the midlands up and running again and where it might not be a weekly meet there will hopefully be a regular meet so we can get to know each other and get something going along the lines of helping people if they need it etc etc

I will be back from America around the 20th of June so between getting the Focus ready and hopefully getting to know a few of you on here, maybe get a convoy on the go in time for Ford Fair as well (fingers crossed)

Anyway let's keep this thread going and get to know each other a little bit better...

Ian (Smudge)
Old 26-05-2013, 07:31 PM
saman
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s2 rs turbo white

hi im from Coventry not to far ill b interested im getting my car bk from jano nxt week COSWORTH MANAGEMENT CANT WAIT
Old 26-05-2013, 08:40 PM
nathr90

Sounds cool I still need to get my tickets for ford fair where abouts you going in America? What work you doing on your focus?
Old 26-05-2013, 08:44 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by nathr90
Sounds cool I still need to get my tickets for ford fair where abouts you going in America? What work you doing on your focus?
New York, Washington DC as well as Montreal (for the Canadian GP) and Toronto (Niagra Falls)

There's a lot of travelling and planning involved which is taking up most of my time atm. I currently have a week off work which will be spent getting the last of the details sorted before I go.

As for the Focus, it's an estate so need to get the Rear lowered as I've already done the front end as well as getting either my current alloys refurbed or getting another set... (got a few ideas) as well as hopefully finding a couple of other little things to get it ready for Ford Fair. I'll have a few weeks when I do get back but it'll still be a rush
Old 26-05-2013, 08:51 PM
nathr90

Wow yeah lots of traveling I'd love to go to America I want to lower mine but I'm getting married next year and looking to get our own home so all my moneys going there atm
Old 27-05-2013, 12:03 AM
zetec 786
BANNED
BANNED

ill defo attend the meet if its sorted
Old 27-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Cosworth Lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi lads well theres a meet every mondays at himley dudley dont know if you guys already now about that one but yeah deffo intrested in the brum meet,
Old 27-05-2013, 08:17 AM
STeve

Best guidlines for setting up a regular meet be it weekly, monthy etc

1, Find venue and GET permission from either council/security or landlord etc in advance never just turn up without giving notice that way it will avoid any unwanted surprises, try and find one with a food or drink rather than just a car park as the novelty wears off when the 2nd meet happens and folk want refreshments
2, pick a day that does not clash with shows or other local meets if any
3, advertise it and keep plugging away at it as the more you put into a meet the better it will be respected and attended
Old 27-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cosworth Lad
hi lads well theres a meet every mondays at himley dudley dont know if you guys already now about that one but yeah deffo intrested in the brum meet,
What's the address mate?
Time?

1, Find venue and GET permission from either council/security or landlord etc in advance never just turn up without giving notice that way it will avoid any unwanted surprises, try and find one with a food or drink rather than just a car park as the novelty wears off when the 2nd meet happens and folk want refreshments
3, advertise it and keep plugging away at it as the more you put into a meet the better it will be respected and attended
Good advice there

Cheers Rich
Old 27-05-2013, 12:40 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Cheers for the advice. I have a couple of venues in mind already which used to hold meets a few years ago. I just need to get this trip out the way then I'll can solely focus on getting this going again
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Cosworth Lad

Re sonic boom the add is past himly park on your left you come to some traffic lights take a left pub on the right will get you a proper add and Mondays after 7 every Monday the clubs cauled ultimate ford
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cosworth Lad
Re sonic boom the add is past himly park on your left you come to some traffic lights take a left pub on the right will get you a proper add and Mondays after 7 every Monday the clubs cauled ultimate ford
Wish I had seen this earlier I would have gone down

There is a car meet at the Black Boy just past Knowle tomorrow night from 18:30.
Rich
Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Cosworth Lad

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Wish I had seen this earlier I would have gone down

There is a car meet at the Black Boy just past Knowle tomorrow night from 18:30.
Rich
hi yeah its every monday mate,
Old 24-06-2013, 02:12 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Right guess I have some good news and some bad news...

I am back from my trip to America (was absolutely amazing) and I've jumped back into work straight away as well, awesome I know more money to play with However, over the weekend I went to start the Focus and it's dead, not battery dead or needs a little jump start. It's dead in the water, Completely.

So now I am in a HUGE dilemma,

As a lot of you know I want to get the scene up and running again ASAP, yes ideally I would like to get to meet a few of you before Ford Fair and get some sort of a society running around here but at the moment I need to find a motor. Yes I need a new ride that I can buy, make sure is working fine and the put my stamp on in time for Ford Fair so this is my call...

In order to unite the Midlands (Birmingham) Blue Oval Scene, let us all band together as a unit. Eyes around the area looking for a blue oval that I can call again call my own. Let us get this ride sorted and worthy to represent this fine city at the biggest Ford show of the year...

ps, I only have about Ł1000 to play with since I am now currently saving up for a wedding as well so for now this is what I have to spare...

Go now my brothers and seek out, and be involved in what will be known on this forum as the day Birmingham got represented again!!
Old 25-06-2013, 08:28 PM
bigkevin
Regular Contributor

too bad smudger, good luck with finding a motor, surely the focus could be brought back life some how.
Old 25-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Ian (Coley) was telling me at his the other week he will get this going again.

He is busy atm but I am sure he'll sort it for summer.
Old 25-06-2013, 09:50 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Minirotty
Ian (Coley) was telling me at his the other week he will get this going again.

He is busy atm but I am sure he'll sort it for summer.
Thanks Kev and thanks for letting me no about this post
As kev has said I'm busy ATM as I work away a lot

I'v read some of the posts on this matter I run the Birmingham meats for about 2 years but for some time now I'v had problems at home so I'v not been in the mood for sorting this out . The meets I did run were run at 3 good pubs that did good food and I spoke the land lords first befor setting dates . I used pubs as all the meats I run were on a Sunday so that in mind the family can come along have a look at the cars if they like cars if they like cars and if they don't they can go and have a drink and some food that way every one is happy
And sorry to say tescos is for boy racers and wheel spinners
I will try and see wot I can do / help to get these meets running again I all so set up the Birmingham group on here on pf so we no how is in Birmingham have a look its a big help in setting up meets
Old 26-06-2013, 05:04 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by COLEYST200
Thanks Kev and thanks for letting me no about this post
As kev has said I'm busy ATM as I work away a lot

I'v read some of the posts on this matter I run the Birmingham meats for about 2 years but for some time now I'v had problems at home so I'v not been in the mood for sorting this out . The meets I did run were run at 3 good pubs that did good food and I spoke the land lords first befor setting dates . I used pubs as all the meats I run were on a Sunday so that in mind the family can come along have a look at the cars if they like cars if they like cars and if they don't they can go and have a drink and some food that way every one is happy
And sorry to say tescos is for boy racers and wheel spinners
I will try and see wot I can do / help to get these meets running again I all so set up the Birmingham group on here on pf so we no how is in Birmingham have a look its a big help in setting up meets
Well in that case mate if there is anything I can do to help out then feel free to ask mate
Old 26-06-2013, 07:34 PM
STeve

Nice one Ian
Old 14-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Scorpio24vDan
Scorpio 24v Saloon

Im about a 2 minute drive from the Tesco, Swan in Yardley. Ive got a few mates who are local from a car club who would be interested in a future meet.
Old 15-07-2013, 05:02 PM
SmudgerByName
Ford Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scorpio24vDan
Im about a 2 minute drive from the Tesco, Swan in Yardley. Ive got a few mates who are local from a car club who would be interested in a future meet.
What local car club mate? Im down by Landrover and I know of a few more people looking to start meeting up on a regular basis but will be more based around a local pub somewhere for some food or something

Quick Reply: Let's Get Birmingham Going Again...