Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Misfire & Oily Mess Help Needed 2wd saff cossie!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
mrdidlydingo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire & Oily Mess Help Needed 2wd saff cossie!

1989 Saff Cossie currently still as intended with exception of filter exhaust , dump valve and a -31 actuator

Car is Great runs really well, no smoke, no noticable problems other than a little hesitation sometimes as you come off throttle and then staright back onto it !

However if taken on a long run and stuck at motorway speeds 2-3K 5th gear, or left idleing for excessive amounts of time (10-15mins) it develops a misfire between 4 & 5 grand on the counter, this eventually clears and all is well again.

The other night I had to travel leicester then double back up to leeds then back down to Sheff all in heavy m'way traffic, the miss was apparent upon leaving leicester and wouldn't clear till i was almost home.

When I looked under the bonnet I found that there was oil in the air filter which was dripping out onto the inner wing, this must have been pushed out the turbo, I have had a quick peek at the turbo there is little up down movement but no fore and aft, there is no smoke on boost or at idle, but it's doing my nut in , has anyone come across this before.

One other noticeable symptom is when you have been on the long runs or if generally having a good thrash the car is a pain to start once you have filled up with fuel (again !!!!), it needs turning several times before it catches and fires. Usually its good as gold on the key two cranks and youre in!

Any help or advice would be welcomed as I'm struggling to work out cause and how to remedy, the car doesn't run hot and doesn't misbehave at all with the exception of the above !
Old 07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
cossiegreg1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure but i think the starting up after driving is the crank sensor although im not certain ,whats the motor like for back pressure???
Old 08-12-2005, 10:39 AM
mrdidlydingo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back Pressure ?
Old 13-12-2005, 01:56 AM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check your breather system