Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Omex 600 set up help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Omex 600 set up help needed please

Hello folks,

After test fitting this ecu to Zetec turbo I have managed to get the engine to run well , tick over actully. It will tick over quite happily the fan kicks in as it should no probs . The trouble is it will not rev at all, as soon as I open the throttle it just stops. I am looking for someone in the Notts area who is familiar with this set who would be kind enough to spare me a couple of hours to piont me in the right direction. Of course I don't expect anyone to give there time up for nothing so any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers

adder
Old 13-08-2018, 11:19 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

While I am nowhere near Nottingham I know the software well and don't mind looking at your cal for you for anything you might have missed?
The following users liked this post:
Jay, (14-08-2018)
Old 14-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for the offer Mark it's really appreciated. I couldn't possibly ask you to travel half way across the country . I've got a couple of leads locally I'm just waiting to see if they come good but once again many thanks .

cheers

Adder
Old 14-08-2018, 09:13 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Send me the cal and I will check it if you like, might be a simple enrichment setting
Old 15-08-2018, 04:34 PM
bigdel
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Have you calibrated the TPS?

What about all the other sensors like coolant temp etc?

we had no end of probs with getting the Focus to run anywhere near correctly without some basic sensor calibrations being entered in to the map
Old 15-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Thank you you for your reply,

i have to to be honest I'm pretty much at the limit of what I know , I did have a difference in the resistance when checking the the tps and wired it according to the manual. The temp reading on the laptop I figured was not far from what it felt like in the garage. Not very scientific I know but the manual said the many values of the sensors were known. I do believe the problem is it's not getting enough fuel. As initially it wouldn't run at with a bit of brake cleaner having to be sprayed into the inlet. Once the injection time was altered it ticks over . well.

All I need is to get it to the stage were I can at least drive a few hundred yards just to check the drive train etc and then I'll book it in somewhere.

cheers

adder

Originally Posted by bigdel
Have you calibrated the TPS?

What about all the other sensors like coolant temp etc?

we had no end of probs with getting the Focus to run anywhere near correctly without some basic sensor calibrations being entered in to the map

Last edited by Adder; 15-08-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 15-08-2018, 06:44 PM
bigdel
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Contact Omex, their help is very good. Give them the details of your car, like injector size, sensor types etc and they will provide you with a base map which should be enough to get the car running. It'll be very generic so the engine won't run brilliantly, but it'll be a start

We were using a Ford coolant sensor which on the original map wasn't giving anywhere near the correct reading. A quick call to Omex and they provided a map with the correct Ford sensor calibration included so the temp read correctly. They didn't have one for the intake air temp sensor so we bought an Omex sensor which worked perfectly as the calibration for it was already in the map.

Certainly worth a phone call
The following users liked this post:
Adder (15-08-2018)
Old 15-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Lovely mate , many thanks

Originally Posted by bigdel
Contact Omex, their help is very good. Give them the details of your car, like injector size, sensor types etc and they will provide you with a base map which should be enough to get the car running. It'll be very generic so the engine won't run brilliantly, but it'll be a start

We were using a Ford coolant sensor which on the original map wasn't giving anywhere near the correct reading. A quick call to Omex and they provided a map with the correct Ford sensor calibration included so the temp read correctly. They didn't have one for the intake air temp sensor so we bought an Omex sensor which worked perfectly as the calibration for it was already in the map.

Certainly worth a phone call
Old 23-08-2018, 09:38 AM
davidfox280585
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

NMS in derby is where you need to be, they live mapped my fiesta on omex 600 and its awesome, the omex is their preferred ecu
Old 02-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Agreed, definatly knows his stuff. I have spoke to Karl but sadly he spent more time telling what he wasn't prepared to do than what he was !
Old 03-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Adder
Agreed, definatly knows his stuff. I have spoke to Karl but sadly he spent more time telling what he wasn't prepared to do than what he was !
lol. What wasn’t he prepared to do. Omex is probably your best bet for mapping companies

Mark
Old 03-09-2018, 07:55 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Shead

lol. What wasn’t he prepared to do. Omex is probably your best bet for mapping companies

Mark
I have to agree with Mark they are based in Cheltenham Glos, Also based there is Mek motorsport Dave has mapped many of these including cars I have done at work.
He also has a very good relationship with omex and if the car has big power and his rollers cannot cope he can use their rollers.