Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus st clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
locum8
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus st clutch pedal?

Hi , I just bought a focus st about 4 weeks ago and it has recently developed a problem with the clutch pedal.

Every morning I go out the clutch pedal is sitting about 1/4 of the way down and when I press it it returns to this position unless I physically pull it back to it's correct position. Also the bitting point is ok when cold but as the car heats up it gets really high almost right at the top.

Now I have seen the same problem on other threads/forums but no one seems to come up with a definite answer as to what is causing it, like some people say it's the master cylinder, some say the pedal box and others say it's the slave cylinder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also The car is a "59" plate with 16k miles.

Thanks!

Last edited by locum8; 03-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
D11AKS
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by locum8
Hi , I just bought a focus st about 4 weeks ago and it has recently developed a problem with the clutch pedal.

Every morning I go out the clutch pedal is sitting about 1/4 of the way down and when I press it it returns to this position unless I physically pull it back to it's correct position. Also the bitting point is ok when cold but as the car heats up it gets really high almost right at the top.

Now I have seen the same problem on other threads/forums but no one seems to come up with a definite answer as to what is causing it, like some people say it's the master cylinder, some say the pedal box and others say it's the slave cylinder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also The car is a "59" plate with 16k miles.

Thanks!
It's the spring in the pedal box goes week , would need to remove the pedal box to change the spring

It's the only cure I have heard of that works mine does the same but not bothered me

Once I have used the pedal once it's fine for the rest of the day
Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 PM
locum8
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Hi, do you know what spring it is?

Is it the big one or the small one with the plastic bush inside?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
BRAM
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds to me that it's either master cylinder or slave, i can't see how a spring on the pedal would cause a high bitting point.