Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Transit RWD 06 cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Kylejm
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transit RWD 06 cutting out

Hey folks new to this so go easy, I've got a 2006 RWD transit in my garage at the moment that randomly cuts out whilst driving and the dash lights up, dials stop working and "-------" just appears where the mileage normally shows.

Tried plugging my snap on diagnostic computer in to no avail it tell me no vehicle power detected and the dash again plays its tricks with the dials etc.

I've inspected all wiring at fuel pump fuse box and ECU all fine so kind of stuck now, without reading the trouble codes it's making things difficult has anybody had this problem and can help me out, would appreciate it.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:50 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Mk6 or mk7?

First port of call if it's a mk7 would be the key but if it's a mk6 then I'm not so sure

Have you asked on www.fordtransit.org ?
Old 16-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Kylejm
Virgin

It's a mark 7 I think the one with the gear lever on the dash apose to on the floor and has the all blue key fob if that helps lol, what did you mean by it will be the key?
Old 17-02-2012, 09:18 PM
steve4i
Regular Contributor

the mk6 were bad for loosing memory too the key. what's the temprature like is it only cutting out when it get's hot? if so they have a fail safe when the water pump is faulty so it doesnt over heat and cook the engine.
Old 17-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Kylejm
Virgin

Well it's defo a mark 7 steve and to answer your question yeah it usually only cuts out when the engine is warm but temp gauge is at normal,
I've cured the fault with my diagnostic computer not connecting by finding a blown 10 amp fuse behind the glove box for the OBII connector, got a trouble code which was P2265- water in fuel sensor circuit range/performance. Signal plausibility failure. Current DTC.

So with this new info I replaced the fuel filter (not much water in fuel though) and reset the button on top and gave it a 15 mile road test all was well and I thought I had cured it until driving back to the workshop it lost power and the dash reading that normally tells you the distance left till it needs more fuel just read "----" so I stopped the engine then restarted it and all was fine but keeps doing this intermittently 😁.

Any more help would be great lads because I just need this van out my workshop now
Old 01-01-2015, 10:41 AM
beanmasteruk
Virgin

Did you solve this?mi have exact same issue!
Old 19-04-2022, 11:53 AM
manchesterpirateboat
Virgin

Default Same

have you found the problem as mine is doing the same ? Thanks
Originally Posted by Kylejm
Well it's defo a mark 7 steve and to answer your question yeah it usually only cuts out when the engine is warm but temp gauge is at normal,
I've cured the fault with my diagnostic computer not connecting by finding a blown 10 amp fuse behind the glove box for the OBII connector, got a trouble code which was P2265- water in fuel sensor circuit range/performance. Signal plausibility failure. Current DTC.

So with this new info I replaced the fuel filter (not much water in fuel though) and reset the button on top and gave it a 15 mile road test all was well and I thought I had cured it until driving back to the workshop it lost power and the dash reading that normally tells you the distance left till it needs more fuel just read "----" so I stopped the engine then restarted it and all was fine but keeps doing this intermittently 😁.

Any more help would be great lads because I just need this van out my workshop now