Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mk1 focus 2.0 ESP fault

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Btfordman
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk1 focus 2.0 ESP fault

Hi hope sumo e can help my focus ESP has a lil problem with the ESP system it mainly works when it is sunny out, I have had the codes read and changed the yaw sensor and both front abs sensors. Has anybody else had this or seen this before it's bugging as I'm stumped as to what to do next, has anyone got any ideas
Old 21-10-2011, 08:50 AM
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean it only works when its sunny?

Mine basically if i hoon it too hard round a bend or a roundabout the light on the dash flashes and it cuts the revs, well the car feels like its hit a brick wall/lost power, turn it off so the light is constantly on and you can wheel spin it into rounds abouts and do what ever you like in the wet its pretty sketchy with it turned off mine is low though so i can throw it around more than a standard one which just makes the ESP even more reactive if its on
Old 21-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Btfordman
Virgin

Default Focus ESP fault

These system only works on nicewarm days if it's been raining or a cold day the light is on the dash and system doesn't work but abs is fine
Old 21-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Btfordman
Virgin

Default Mk1 focus ESP fault

Has anybody got any ideas the ESP light is on but will go out on warm sunny days have had IDS on the car which says lateral accelarometre is faulty have swapped that and front abs sensors but fault won't clear from ecu I have never seen this fault befor and I am stumped as to what could b the cause of the problem As I don't want to keep throwing money at it without fixing the fault has anyone heard of this or seen this before, any ideas would b great
Old 08-07-2012, 05:36 AM
maxdepreciation
Virgin

Default Mk1 focus 2.0 ESP fault

Did you ever come up with an answer to this. Mine does exactly the same thing...on cold wet days, the ESP light is nearly always on, yet on hot sunny days it goes out.

To me that sounds like moisture in the ABS sensors, but that would probably bring the ABS warning light on, which it never does....

Confused of Guildford...any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Nick
Old 16-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Btfordman
Virgin

I believe mine is a fault with the rear abs sensors as I've chaned all the wheel bearings. Ow due to upgrading front brakes and and rear bearing collapsing and new front sensors when I did the brakes. Have had ures on ids yet and got the fault code. or had any work done before the light came on?
Old 26-07-2012, 01:02 PM
maxdepreciation
Virgin

My light has been on solidly for 3 weeks now...but gone out again now that it is 30 degrees outside. The fault code shows that it is the yaw sensor, but can't see why this would be...have had a look and it's all dry in there and it's a sealed unit