Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Galaxy 1.9 tdi VAG VW Limp mode power drop

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2011, 07:55 PM
fodens40
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galaxy 1.9 tdi VAG VW Limp mode power drop

Hi Guys, I have a p plate 1.9tdi,old but tidy,its done 200,000miles & is my jukebox transporter,Pulls hard with turbo wine(normal boost noise) up to 3,000rpm,Then power drops out& it will just manage 2,800rpm & looses all pulling power,If I turn key off & on while driving it resets & will pull ok .AS long as I dont try to drive hard or go above 3,000rpm(boost hard)? I have changed MAF & if anything its worse.It has had a new turbo 2,000miles ago.all filters are good & no loss of turbo boost,all pipes are ok. Nothing is comming up when we plug it in on 2 different Dio's Snap On & Bosh
So what is the VNT & where is it? what sensors pick this over boost up & where are they?I dont think its the cat as It will go like a train up in gears & only when its in 4th/5th & getting lots of turbo boost will it go Limp.
I know its just a daft thing as it is working fine all day every day as long as i dont push it.Now well pissed off!?????
Old 25-09-2011, 04:29 PM
andi-p
Regular Contributor

count the flashes as its the fault code. I have had loads do this and its the brake pedal switch hope this helps
Old 29-09-2011, 12:17 AM
fodens40
Virgin

Default galaxy

Originally Posted by andi-p
count the flashes as its the fault code. I have had loads do this and its the brake pedal switch hope this helps
Right thats interesting as the brake light warnings light up untill I press brake pedal (hard) & the brake light switch messes about a bit you need to press hard to get the brake lights to work.So how the hell is it connected to the limp mode thing them? cheers Rob
Old 29-09-2011, 07:35 AM
cossie.con
Regular Contributor

Smile

Originally Posted by fodens40
Right thats interesting as the brake light warnings light up untill I press brake pedal (hard) & the brake light switch messes about a bit you need to press hard to get the brake lights to work.So how the hell is it connected to the limp mode thing them? cheers Rob

Intrested to find out if this repairs it as I have a fault VW bora(same lump)
Old 29-09-2011, 08:01 AM
B19 JUB
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

its a dual action switch i believe.works for brake lights and also tells engine management when your braking.could be incorrectly adjusted so it thinks your foot is on the brake and cutting fuel pressure maybe when your accelerating.try readjusting it first
Old 29-09-2011, 04:48 PM
andi-p
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by B19 JUB
its a dual action switch i believe.works for brake lights and also tells engine management when your braking.could be incorrectly adjusted so it thinks your foot is on the brake and cutting fuel pressure maybe when your accelerating.try readjusting it first
Thats pretty much what i was going to say but if the brake lights dont work until the pedal is stamped on it wouldnt be the fault. The contacts corrode inside that causes resistance and ecu say no