Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

HELP someone gotta know??

Search this Thread

Old 26-06-2011, 06:42 PM
carl ward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP someone gotta know??

Hey Guys. i have a 2001 focus 1.8 tddi. It was going great and really pulled well through the gear. i decided to give her a service saturday and since then it seems dead in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th untill it gradually gets upto speed. i changed the air filter, diesel filter, oil filter and oil. all the correct parts so have i upset something whilst fiddling?? anyone have this before?? Help please.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:48 PM
ChrisH
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by carl ward
Hey Guys. i have a 2001 focus 1.8 tddi. It was going great and really pulled well through the gear. i decided to give her a service saturday and since then it seems dead in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th untill it gradually gets upto speed. i changed the air filter, diesel filter, oil filter and oil. all the correct parts so have i upset something whilst fiddling?? anyone have this before?? Help please.
When you fitted the fuel filter did you bleed the system?
Old 26-06-2011, 06:53 PM
carl ward

hi there, i diddnt no, to be honest i didnt think you bleed them, these days, just put on the new ( empty ) filter and turned it over a few times and it started. Could this be the problem? if so how do i bleed it?
Old 26-06-2011, 10:21 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

when you change fuel filter on that always fill new filter first with a small jug can be a bet messy if hung over take clip of pull pipes of fill filter untill spils over top you find its only 3/4 full so it wont presurise prop you might have to do this couple of times ray
Old 27-06-2011, 08:38 AM
carl ward

cheers Ray, ive got some diesel in my jerry can, pulled off the clip and the black plug bung thing, and filled with diesel, it took quite a bit to be honest so do you think that could be my problem?? im going to try it when i take my kid to school later, Let me know if you think this could be my problem?? Thanks mate
Old 27-06-2011, 07:42 PM
ray barker

im pretty sure that was your prob might have to do it a couple of timmes once is usually ok another thing is if youve changed oil filter make sure oil filter is f...ing tight allot more than hand tight other wise month later come loose then shit it self along with bottom end
Old 28-06-2011, 03:39 PM
carl ward

Ray, cheers for all your help mate. Basically i done it again today and noticed i'd put the hoses on the filter in the wrong order, School boy error i know but hey ho you live and learn.. Yeah the oil filter was very loose when i took it off, also when i put my new one on, and started the car oil was pouring out the filter and had to do it up really hand tight. I'll keep checking every month or so that it dont come loose but i do often check my oil so should be fine. Cheers again for your help.. One more thing but im not worried about, Is when the cars stopped water leaks from underneath. Its not coolant or washers so gotta be aircon. Do you know if this is normal?? Cheers Mate..
Old 28-06-2011, 03:48 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

After air con use you will get a small puddle of water underneath the car, it's normal. It's normally a good idea to turn it off a couple of minutes before you finish your journey anyway as condensation can form inside the pipes otherwise leading to very smelly air conditioning!
Old 30-06-2011, 08:49 PM
ray barker

Default air con pissed it selfits

Originally Posted by carl ward
Ray, cheers for all your help mate. Basically i done it again today and noticed i'd put the hoses on the filter in the wrong order, School boy error i know but hey ho you live and learn.. Yeah the oil filter was very loose when i took it off, also when i put my new one on, and started the car oil was pouring out the filter and had to do it up really hand tight. I'll keep checking every month or so that it dont come loose but i do often check my oil so should be fine. Cheers again for your help.. One more thing but im not worried about, Is when the cars stopped water leaks from underneath. Its not coolant or washers so gotta be aircon. Do you know if this is normal?? Cheers Mate..
its normal for air con once oil filter bin done up fecking tight it wont come loose iv got an apprentice if i told him fecking once twat keeps telling me i cant fecking spell i could when i was is age