Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

mondeo tdci sluggish, lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
forevaford
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mondeo tdci sluggish, lack of power

mondeo tdci 130 54 reg 75000 miles

to start with it suffered from the dreded p0251, fuel pump breaking up inside and blocking the injectors!!!
the repair bill for this was almost £2000, so i said id have ago at doing the work myself, i fitted 4 recon injectors and coded them in,and fitted a second hand pump but didnt use the timing pins, i just used tipex to mark the gears!! however the chain didnt seem to go on the correct mark (it was either too far forward or too far back) so i guessed for the right tooth with fingures crossed. oh i also removed and cleaned fuel tank with new fuel and filter.
Problem now is that it runs ok with no fault codes,however it sounds a bit nocky (diesel nock) what i mean by "a bit" is "more then normal" and also its not as fast as it was before, its got black smoke off boost and generally lazey without the turbo in, just like a stuck open egr valve but this is ok.
my question is, does this sound like a valve timing issue? but would this put on a fault code if it was out a tooth?
i know i should have used the propper pins etc, but any advice would be appreciated as iv beed pulling my hair out for weeks with this now
martin
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 PM
ChrisH
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pump or your timing.