Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo 2003 2.0 TDCI fuel problem,

Search this Thread

Old 30-04-2011, 07:31 AM
jaruler
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo 2003 2.0 TDCI fuel problem,

Hi guys i hope you can help

I have a 2.0 diesel tdci 2003 mondeo estate.

for about a week now i have had to call out recovery 2 times and broken down 3 times. Still now the car wont start. i think and so do the recovery guys that there is a fuel problem.

after it broke down first time i had noticed on the motorway it was shuddering and acting strange and the management system kept kicking in and reducing my speed. once i got to come off a junction and at traffic lights it died and would not start.

now already i know the 2nd injector is dyeing but for over a year the car has worked and only becomes a problem if revving up in high gears past the 2.5k mark.

i managed to get the car towed back to a yard and take off what was a suspected fuel filter problem then put a air hose through it to clean it out, replaced this and tried to get the car running. no joy as the fuel looks to not being pulled through.

so put the air hose through the petrol cap entry and blast the petrol through the filter while the middle connector on filter was off and diesel streamed out very well.

put the connector back on and within 1 hour after being left it was working.

next day car would not start again after being used for 20 miles the previous day. recovery out again but this time i replaced the fuel filter with a new one i had bought just in case and still would not start. the mechanic opened air filter and sprayed easy start into engine and then the car was working. turned it off and on and it started up easy. ran it for 40 miles yesterday with a break in the day of several hours.

problem thought to be ok until this morning when again it wont start. its clicking over but not starting. someone has suggested there could be air leaking into the fuel system from some where.

how do i check if true without spending lots of cash, how do i bleed this out? i have limited budget right now so any help would be great. apparently bleeding air out of the fuel system is easy so i am keen to try this.

other possible problems someone has mentioned is that maybe the lift pump is not working or that it is the actual injector?

does anyone have a clue what i am describing? plus could help? I need to resolve this tomorrow or sunday in time for work next week.

kind regards
Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Master Scenic
Virgin

hi, mate just wondering if you managed to work out your problem as mine been doing the same for 3 weeks now would be great if you could help me plz plz
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
jaruler
Virgin

Hi please describe your problem

I no longer have teh car but my mate has it working.

What we did.

Well i have other posts on other sites that helped more than here. so look up my username and mondeo and see what pops up to get a answer or solution.

one thing is you cant bleed air out as it is diesel if same as mine. We never knew if it was the fuel or injector. but we took out injector and cleaned it ourselves. still no change so sent ot off and got it back and worked brill for one day. then same problem back but worse and would cut out when driving.

Now about easy start, my advice is try not to use it as it was worse after the 3rd time of using it.

What i did do is remove the egr valve as it was clogged with carbon. cleaned it through. bought a £4 long brush to clean out the exhaust recycling thing after i removed it as it was also think with carbon inside. Took of the manifold, cleaned it through, (found a leaf inside and thick chucks of oil).

Result works now like it did before it all happend. still problem with the injector though even after spending 80 quid to get them to clean it.

but it works and my mate has had little problems with it.

i bought a f card reader to check on the diag of the car myself and all pointed to the injectors being the main reason.

so before you go about making things worse i would suggest getting a f super card reader for your make and year. spending that £30 now will save you £300 when the garage tells you a lie and gets you back in to work on something else. This way you know exactly what is wrong and and can work on fixing it.

thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
jaruler
Virgin

http://www.talkford.com/topic/161886...estate-mondeo/
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Master Scenic
Virgin

v1900 not a clue lol thats all the codes it come up with

once it started with wd40 it starts first time all day but runs like it got a diesel knock
then morning after it would do it again

any idears would be nice thanks again
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Master Scenic
Virgin

sorry mate dont no were the rest went lol
the codes was p1631 main relay so i changed it for a gen ford one

p2336 cylinder 1 above knock threshold

and the v1900
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
supertouring230
Part of the Furniture

will the car start with a bump ???
does it start every time with easy start
my 307 hdi pug wouldnt start off the key but would with easy start and a tow,and it was down to the pump not putting enough pressure in the fuel system to open the injectors,bought a second hand pump for £95 and it runs like a dream.
ask a garage to do a leak off test to check the injectors for u
Old 08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Master Scenic
Virgin

Originally Posted by supertouring230
will the car start with a bump ???
does it start every time with easy start
my 307 hdi pug wouldnt start off the key but would with easy start and a tow,and it was down to the pump not putting enough pressure in the fuel system to open the injectors,bought a second hand pump for £95 and it runs like a dream.
ask a garage to do a leak off test to check the injectors for u

hi mate the pump is working as thats what i thort but garage siads it was ok so all beeing well
my mate programming my injectors tonight as the lad i got the car off had the 2 injectors recond and dident code so all beeing well i will let people no the out come cheers