Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fitting a front nsw window on mondeo km3 saloon

Search this Thread

Old 26-02-2010, 04:42 PM
cambo205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a front nsw window on mondeo km3 saloon

any help please as am brand new to this
Old 26-02-2010, 04:55 PM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

if your half decent around cars you will manage... the glass is held in by 2 clamps.loosen the 10mm bolts, clean out the broken glass and slot glass into clamps and tighten bolts..not too tight tho..if you get really stuck give me a shout as i think im just down the road from you
Old 26-02-2010, 06:16 PM
saph_Al
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

pop the caps off from iside the door handle pull and the grab handle undo the phillips srews . have a look down the edges of the pad and theres a couple down the sides . pull the pad off (it will have clips on aswell so will put up a bit of a fight but not to bad). once removed peel back the door membrain so u can gain acces to the window regulator and runners . CARFULLY clean out the glass from the bottom of the door and rubbers . use a flat screw driver and run it round the rubbers to rmove all the glass. spend a bit of time and make sure u get it all out coz it'll really piss u off when u put the new glass in and i either screeches at u when u put it up or explodes and ur back to square one . as dangerousbrian said the glass is clamped by two 10mm bolts in metal sandwich plates with rubber to protect . once the glass is is in run it up to the top and there should be two access holes where u can see the 10mm bolts nipp them up and check operation of the window . build the door back up . hope this makes sence to you . if u get stuck pm me and i'll see if i can talk u through it . cheers Ally