Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

ECU change?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:12 PM
RoadRallyFocus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU change?

Sorry I've never got round to adding anymore about me n my focus. Been busy rallying it! Still the only one in the country road rallying one as far as I know... they'll catch on in the end. Me n my trusty focus won my club championship this yr, with a cpl of prolems along the way.
One of the problems was getting washed down a river in full flood and having to leave it there nose down for 36 hrs! As a result, I killed an engine (now changed for the 2nd time cos the 1st one went pop on the next rally), and have a suspected faulty ecu (suspected by me).

Heavy hesitation upto 3.5k, then it goes off like a rocket as normal.
So far I've swapped.... Engine, throttle body, injection rail, coil pack, TPS, ICV, vacuum gadget on bulk head drivers side, cat removed (bot cat housing still there. Realistically, only O2 sensor, loom and ECU left.
So my main question is, when swapping the ecu, does anyone have a concrete answer as to wether all 1.8 petrol ecus are the same, or do the codes make any difference?

Cheers, Chris ... pics may follow for your entertainment