Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Boost control on saph please look & help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Boost control on saph please look & help

Right im having alot of bother with air injectors on my saph boost fluctuates like mad turbo surges boost control knob dosent make much difference it is wired correctly i have checked & checked again.
It had half a hole pre load on it.
I put the amal valve on & it held 22 psi went great but obviously i want to run 30 psi minnimum.
I put a bleed valve on it just to check it & the car run 25 psi or a tad more it controlled the boost perfect & ran a dream i didnt want to put any more load on the actuator as i was just testing this.

I did how ever i noticed the wastegate was sticking on return not everytime but most i took the turbo off & up to andy gallacher he took the back off the turbo as the wastegate penny was catching the hole on the way back.A small bur just to take the sharp edge off & its closing all the time now so im going to refit the turbo.

question is running 8 greens t4, 30 psi will a amal valve be ok to control the boost? if it works i cant see why not as im just not winning with these air injectors one bit.

Im getting fed up with the car now i have spent a fortune on it & had no enjoyment what so ever its 1 step forward & 5 back all the time
Old 02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
jon@work
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the ECU set up to run ? Amal valve or twin air injectors or single air injector ? You can't change from one to another and expect it to be OK.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Im not changing it from one to the other & expecting it to work, Its level 8 super 8 set up to run twin air to air injectors but its not working so i have tried other methods to eliminate other issues its mint with bleed valve & decent with the amal valve but crap with air to air & i have tried 3 sets of air to air