Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Gotech mfi pro

Search this Thread

Old 19-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Raj_FRST
Half Rice Half Chips

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gotech mfi pro

can anyone shed some light in this, im nearly ready to put my car back together, I was all set to purchase a gotech mfi pro for my 2.0 zvh, spoke to a local tuner and they have had nemerous bad experiences with it, saying the ecu never does the same thing twice. Was a bit of an over statement but his point was that the map was all over the place and the ecu even openeed the injectors at random times. I am now considering dta s40pro. If gotech if very good and this is a one off case here it failed, can anyone offer any advice
Old 19-02-2009, 11:31 AM
rickbartlett
G911 TTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ring jamsport mate.its highly recommended and if set up properly by jamie it shudnt give any problems atall.
id say the situation you have described has occured because it hasnt been mapped properly,if atall.
Old 19-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Raj_FRST
Half Rice Half Chips

cheers for the fast reply, the blokes were going to be dealers for gotech, they have a test station which can simulate a running engine and it didnt work on that too so they left it alone after that. They map loads of top rally cars round my way so they know there stuff and are highly recomended. Ive spoke to mark a jamie b4 and they are a great help, also simon at sitech, but im after a non biased opinion if you know what I mean. Ideally someone who is using mfi pro x or has mapped it before

I looked at a few companies abroad and one of them has discontinued selling gotech due to quality issues? which is a tad worrying
Old 19-02-2009, 11:47 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i think gotech is proven now with all the work jamsport have done with it.
Old 19-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Jamie Going
jam-sport.co.uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be interested to know who have had problems with it.

only issues we have found with other peoples fitments are installation errors
Old 19-02-2009, 05:04 PM
project rs
Advanced PassionFord User

a friend of mine had it in his turbo and would often change it's mind and run different on any 2 days as was confirmed by the afr guage in the car. Am about to do a bit more research into it as another mate has it in his car and are about to fit a afr in his car too so will keep an eye on his readings against temps to as to keep oxygen content the same and see how that goes
Old 19-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Raj_FRST
Half Rice Half Chips

Originally Posted by project rs
a friend of mine had it in his turbo and would often change it's mind and run different on any 2 days as was confirmed by the afr guage in the car. Am about to do a bit more research into it as another mate has it in his car and are about to fit a afr in his car too so will keep an eye on his readings against temps to as to keep oxygen content the same and see how that goes
cheers matey, would be very interested to see what the results were, I really want the gotech to be fine as its such a simple installation and at a great price, but if there are reliability issues then I think I will have to save a few more pennies for something else :-(
Old 19-02-2009, 05:36 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ive been running gotech for over 3 years on several engines and been on the rollers more times than i can count and never have i had any problems with it.
the one project rs is talking about was second hand when the lad bought it and he fitted it himself and never had it set up on the rollers.
jamie must of mapped 1500+ of these by now and this is the first post on here that ive seen with bad things said about it.
Old 25-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Raj_FRST
Half Rice Half Chips

any body had any experience of the gotech mfi pro x? Spoke to Mr Going last friday and I must say was very impressed with his advice, very down to earth guy