Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Ticking Noise On Initial Cold Start Up

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2008, 10:38 AM
JDS123
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticking Noise On Initial Cold Start Up

I have a Ford Focus Zetec 05 (Auto) which has started making a ticking noise on initial cold start up in park and neutral position but which disappears the minute I pull away.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong please?

Thank You
Jo
Old 17-10-2008, 11:41 AM
mark2
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by JDS123
I have a Ford Focus Zetec 05 (Auto) which has started making a ticking noise on initial cold start up in park and neutral position but which disappears the minute I pull away.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong please?

Thank You
Jo
hi
had a similar problem which was just the injectors on mine in cold weather and mine went when i pulled away put some injector cleaner in the fuel tank and it disapeared
but some injectors get noisey after time and are not responsive to fuel system cleaner plus cold weather makes everthing tight due to contracting

would be a good idea if you could say where the ticking is coming from but sure its the injectors your hearing
mark
Old 17-10-2008, 04:20 PM
JDS123
Virgin

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

I think the nosie is coming from the front of the car. It must have something to do with the cold weather because thinking about it, it didin't do it yesterday but it did it today, which I think was slightly colder than yesterday.

So, what do I do now if its these injector things? What are injectors?

Put it this way, I went into a shell garage and asked for SHELL 710 as it was on the oil cap. They didn't know what I was talking about so they came out to check. After they had finished laughing themselves silly they explained to me that said SHELL OIL and the OIL was just upside down!!!

So, as I said please tell me what to injector fluid get, how much to get, any particular make and confirm that I just shove the whole lot in the petrol tank.

Thanks
Jo