Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Back Speakers, No Sound (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:59 PM
MondeoMike
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Back Speakers, No Sound (pics)

So, after upgrading my front speakers, I want to do the same with my back ones, I have checked the back and the wire is there for the speakers but currently I have no noise coming out of either of my rear speakers.

Im not a wiring guru so don't know much about what to plug in where lol so I took some pics of the back of the head unit to see if you lot might know what it could be, I don't want to take it to a shop to find out it might of been a 5min job!

Pics...

Dunno what these are?

All comments/diagrams welcome

Cheers
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Phil2002
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

the purlple and purple/black are rear right speaker and green and green/black are the rear left speaker. that is a kenwood stereo the blue/white with ant. cont on is for an electric areil and the brown is for a phone kit this is the wire that will mute your stereo when your phones rings if you have a handsfree kit fitted.
1) wire a speaker direct to either the purples and the greens at the back of the head unit to make sure it works. if the speaker emits sound then you will no the stereo is ok.
I would then check the wiring in door looms of the car to make sure that the wires have not broken if they have then run new speaker wires from the purples and greens into the relevant doors.

2) if you have a set of multimeters set them to ohms. un plug the stereo get the plug from the car side and put the red lead on the purple and the black on the purple/black you should get a reading of about 4ohms if all is ok if you don't then you may have a wiring issue of the voice coil of the speaker may be shagged. Do the same again but with the greens.
hope this helps
if you need any more tips just ask.

P.S The red and white plugs are RCA outputs you'll have no need for these unless your using an amplifier.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
MondeoMike
Virgin

cool, wondered what the red/white things were for. So just to make sure before I unplug stuff...

get new/working speaker, take purple/green wire out, connect new wire that came with speaker to hole(s) from where the purp/green wires were and check it works?

Sorry if I have just confused you lol

btw, your correct its a (no frills cassette) kenwood head unit..

Old 13-03-2008, 07:59 PM
MondeoMike
Virgin

sorted it,

both of the back speakers were shot, I now have 4 fully working speakers!! Yay!

Thanks for your help anyway