Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Engine imoiliser problem Diesel Courier Van Non Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Seriesonersturbowady
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine imoiliser problem Diesel Courier Van Non Start

Hi all, have a problem with my van at the mo ( not the series 1 for a change!!)The other day i swapped the engine for a new re con engine for it. The old one snapped a cam belt so this was he plan, was all working before the belt faliure. Put engine in and connected up and the PATTS light is flashing like mad. I dont have a red master key just 2 std black ones with there chips programmed to the vehicle. Any ideas why this may have happened and is there a way of by passing the imobiliser to get the thing going? There is no crank but there is dash lights. Any help would be great am in the garage playing with nit tonight so text or reply many thanks 07967451233 Jason.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
tonyrally
passionford god

hey mate there is a way round it. but u still have to remove the pump.........
if u take the pump off on the back is a steel plate its zink plated. if memory serves its atached with 3 shearbolts so u have to tap em round with a small chissel. when u get it off if u follow the multi plug conecter it leads to a chip then linked to that is a single wire going to the fuel stop solenoid cut that wire at the chip end. and join that into the ignition live i think its green (not sure tho) bolt ya pump back on time here up. an flash the bitch up thanks tony
Old 25-01-2008, 05:18 PM
rsturbowhite
PassionFord Regular

did yea get the motor started ok