Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Superchips!

Search this Thread

Old 28-04-2006, 09:08 AM
perpetualpower
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips!

It's been a while since following the scene but sense a return shortly, and need to get my head around chipping and that of the Superchip variety.

Back in the days of hunting down half decent RST's. I got to test 2 that had been Superchipped- both pulled like trains, and felt totally different from the Powerengineering chip I eventually went for. The PE chip felt like all or nothing when boosting, causing load's of torque steer usually (was 180bhp conversion) where as the Superchips seemed to assist the whole way just pulling smoothly-felt completely different????

Question is, why was this so?? Is Superchips methods of chipping different? are they still perceived to be the "nuts" on the chipping scene or are there others that programme their Eproms more effectively?? Sorry it has been a while as mentioned.

Superchips seem to cost a fair bit now to fit an RST for example so they must still be half decent if they can afford to charge that surely??

Cheers. PP
Old 28-04-2006, 08:16 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer Evolution chips from Motorsport Developments personally.

Different tuners have different ways of achieving the same results.

The Superchip may have had a bit more ignition advance that the PE chip, making the PE chip feel a little flat off boost.