Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

saph cossie wont start sparks and fuels but no go????

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2006, 09:26 PM
lisa 23
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saph cossie wont start sparks and fuels but no go????

i just put another engine in my cossie theres sprark at plugs when turning over and can smell fuel on spark plugs when i remove them but it just wont start it try's to fire but thats it i have triple checked timing & phase sensor is set spot on & bought new spark plugs but it wont go any ideas i have spent a few hours every evening trying to get it running for a week now so any advice as iwant to get this engine run in before the shows start and still got loads of stuff to do to it before hand
any info apprieciated
Old 27-03-2006, 09:17 AM
BMEP
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like the “rotor phasing” is out.

Get the engine to TDC (compression) and make shore that the “arrows” on the cam sprockets are pointing to each other, remove the dizzy cap/dust cover and see if the rotor button is in the correct place. There should be a shallow “groove” on the dizzy’s outer base where the cap sits. The rotor button should be pointing directly toward the groove.

To give you an “approx” idea, the rotor button should be pointing toward 2 o’clock when viewed from the front of the car looking down at the dizzy.

Hope this helps