Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Rs owners regional clubs and their demanding boss (rsoc)

Search this Thread

Old 19-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by stickertone
i was probably a member while you were still in nappies mate!!!!! (prob last weekend!), i hear all the comments from both sides of the fence, and make my own mind up.However you dont really know the ins and outs of this one,if you.e got an hour i'd bore you with the facts , not the hearsay....... why dont you come to the next essex meet and introduce yourself??? we'd be pleased to put you in the picture.....
Sticky when you were in nappies he was a punk rocker, honestly mate.
He does know the full facts and if you did a bit of Miss Marples work, you could easily workout who he is

Enjoy what you have got and stuff anyone else,s opinion. You still attend events run by RS Groups so you are still supporting Local Groups but as a visiting Club.

Fly the flag boys
Old 19-06-2010, 05:43 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
It's a big gay area and something we like to try ourselves.

Oo-er...heard about you Notts boys
Old 19-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

There is to much politics in car clubs.We all like the same cars but yet we fight over them.
Old 19-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie604
Oo-er...heard about you Notts boys
Lol Stu, I had to check my post thinking I had put gay nice edit mate
Old 24-06-2010, 07:29 PM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was probably a member while you were still in nappies mate!!!!! (prob last weekend!), i hear all the comments from both sides of the fence, and make my own mind up.However you dont really know the ins and outs of this one,if you.e got an hour i'd bore you with the facts , not the hearsay....... why dont you come to the next essex meet and introduce yourself??? we'd be pleased to put you in the picture.....
Probably older that you are......... As for not knowing the facts, I think I do. As for going to an Essex meet, I would like to go to the Officially recognised meet sometime................
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Sticky when you were in nappies he was a punk rocker, honestly mate.
He does know the full facts and if you did a bit of Miss Marples work, you could easily workout who he is :
You are dog poo son, Bloody everywhere..........
Old 25-06-2010, 08:41 PM
stickertone
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Talking

[QUOTE=frosticles;4968843]Probably older that you are......... As for not knowing the facts, I think I do. As for going to an Essex meet, I would like to go to the Officially recognised meet sometime................

so if you know all the facts you'll know that alex actually had an appology from a comittee member for not being told that the previous essex chair person hadnt been for 2 years on the trot and he needed to go in order for the essex club to stay in as a recognised club. Alex was not aware that the previous chair person had not attended, and would have somehow got someone to attend the meet..... As the rsoc didnt tell him he wasnt aware.... when the rsoc realised this there was a red face somewhere!!!!! however, (and i do agree with this bit.... they couldnt just upturn the vote to vote essex out as this then makes a farce of the voting, )however , alex was told that they could have a word at the next meeting and put essex's case forward for them... but the damage had been done and there were a few pissed off essex club members with their nose put out. Im sure the officially recognised meet would welcome you as you would probaly swell their numbers .... you never know it may even hit double figures .
Old 26-06-2010, 04:24 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

[quote=stickertone;4970410]
Originally Posted by frosticles
Probably older that you are......... As for not knowing the facts, I think I do. As for going to an Essex meet, I would like to go to the Officially recognised meet sometime................

so if you know all the facts you'll know that alex actually had an appology from a comittee member for not being told that the previous essex chair person hadnt been for 2 years on the trot and he needed to go in order for the essex club to stay in as a recognised club. Alex was not aware that the previous chair person had not attended, and would have somehow got someone to attend the meet..... As the rsoc didnt tell him he wasnt aware.... when the rsoc realised this there was a red face somewhere!!!!! however, (and i do agree with this bit.... they couldnt just upturn the vote to vote essex out as this then makes a farce of the voting, )however , alex was told that they could have a word at the next meeting and put essex's case forward for them... but the damage had been done and there were a few pissed off essex club members with their nose put out. Im sure the officially recognised meet would welcome you as you would probaly swell their numbers .... you never know it may even hit double figures .
Are you for real, do you actualy read what your posting? Why would the RSOC committee have 'red faces' for not telling someone why a group was voted out, when said person was not actualy the reason for being voted out......its the prospective replacement's duty to enquire. And its not the job of the main body to tell other group members that their chairman is not pulling his weight....your group voted him in, not the main body....so why try and pass the book onto the committee? You all know when the AGM's happen as they're advertised quite freely on the main forum....didnt it acure to any of you lot over the two year period to ask the man who you voted in to represent you as a group if he he was planning on attending the AGM? Plenty of other folk, with much further to travel, managed it. I'm basing the facts as I know them, as presented to me at the AGM where you were voted out btw.

Last edited by cossie604; 26-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 26-06-2010, 05:27 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

however , alex was told that they could have a word at the next meeting and put essex's case forward for them... but the damage had been done and there were a few pissed off essex club members with their nose put out.
Yeah, pissed off members who lost their club due to the man they voted in....everyone else manages to follow the simple guidelines of being an affiliated regional group.....its no one elses fault out side of your group, so stop crying about it. Im certain the group as a whole is a great bunch of people, as all the groups are...its just a shame you've been let down by a minority, but whinging about it and trying to blame others besides the ones who directly let you down is just making you look churlish.
Old 26-06-2010, 06:17 PM
cosevo
Advanced PassionFord User

Are you for real, do you actualy read what your posting? Why would the RSOC committee have 'red faces' for not telling someone why a group was voted out, when said person was not actualy the reason for being voted out......its the prospective replacement's duty to enquire. And its not the job of the main body to tell other group members that their chairman is not pulling his weight....your group voted him in, not the main body....so why try and pass the book onto the committee? You all know when the AGM's happen as they're advertised quite freely on the main forum....didnt it acure to any of you lot over the two year period to ask the man who you voted in to represent you as a group if he he was planning on attending the AGM? Plenty of other folk, with much further to travel, managed it. I'm basing the facts as I know them, as presented to me at the AGM where you were voted out btw.
for the few that might know me, you'll know im not the RSOC biggest fan, not by a long shot, but this 'cossie604' (whoever you are) has made a fair point.

Not sure why the two essex meets seem to constantly slag each other off, I went to both last month. North essex is quieter, less cars, but gives you a chance to get to know people better, and I can get to the bar easily which is a big bonus

the halfway house meet is much bigger, busier, but getting a drink sometimes is a knightmare
Old 26-06-2010, 06:58 PM
cossytonyt

good on you alex like you said i think its the way forward for all true rs enthusiasts cut out all the politics,funny how when someone has an opinion or dares question "whats set in stone" on the national site you get no reply yet when someone starts a thread on another site they come out the woodwork lol.
keep it up mate as the way funds and members are dwindling i think you,ll be around longer than them.
Old 26-06-2010, 07:57 PM
stickertone

cosevo and cossie64, maybe my post wasnt clear..... the rsoc actually DID BACK DOWN AND ADMIT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASY TO LET ALEX KNOW IT WAS IMPERITIVE THAT HE ATTENDED i know this for a fact..... alex took after after buffy gave it up,he was not aware she had not attended for 2 years running.It would have only taken an e mail, text or quick phone call.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:55 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cosevo
for the few that might know me, you'll know im not the RSOC biggest fan, not by a long shot, but this 'cossie604' (whoever you are) has made a fair point.
Thank you, who ever you are

cosevo and cossie64, maybe my post wasnt clear..... the rsoc actually DID BACK DOWN AND ADMIT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EASY TO LET ALEX KNOW IT WAS IMPERITIVE THAT HE ATTENDED i know this for a fact..... alex took after after buffy gave it up,he was not aware she had not attended for 2 years running.It would have only taken an e mail, text or quick phone call.
Back down from what? It was already called that the Essex group be detached from the main body prior to Alex taking over. Did none of the Essex groups members ever ask regarding AGM meets for the two year period that no one showed up to represent you? Personaly I dont believe that, the Essex members are obviously passionate about the brand or this thread wouldnt even be here....so I cant believe that no one mentioned at one of the Essex meets along the lines of 'does anyone know what happened at the recent AGM?'....it most probably got mentioned and then brushed aside by the people that were supposed to represent you, and now your blaming those that just followed the rules. Blame the committee if you want, I dont care, there's one committee member I'd blame everything on if I could and get great pleasure from it, but I cant.......but in all honesty from where I was sat when the vote was put to it, it came as a surprise to the members on the head table of how the votes fell. People doing the voting had made the effort, they didnt require a email, a text or a phone call to remind them...they were interested in how things were running....many of them traveled many miles to attend as well. So when they're told of a group that hadnt made the effort for two years running, how else do you think they would vote? So, insted of the new Essex RSOC chairman approaching the RSOC and its members with a keen interest of getting the group back up to where it belongs, your all gonna just bitch about it on here? Come on, as a group you know your better than that...

Last edited by cossie604; 27-06-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:57 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossytonyt
good on you alex like you said i think its the way forward for all true rs enthusiasts cut out all the politics,funny how when someone has an opinion or dares question "whats set in stone" on the national site you get no reply yet when someone starts a thread on another site they come out the woodwork lol.
keep it up mate as the way funds and members are dwindling i think you,ll be around longer than them.
Send me a link to the thread on the main site then, I never hide in woodwork.
Old 27-06-2010, 01:05 AM
erjones
PassionFord Regular

Sorry to hear about the problems alex, been to one Essex meet in HWH and got to say i think the place is far too small for the amount turning up, nice amount and collection, but you get this crap on a lot of clubs, even the fiesta and focus ones im on have bitching matches about each other, just a shame at times as were all there for the same thing
Old 27-06-2010, 10:40 AM
cossytonyt

Send me a link to the thread on the main site then, I never hide in woodwork.
dont have to send any 1 link mate in general on the main bb anyone/member questions policys has an opinion an idea etc just get ignored always been the same,if you think otherwise you really are part of the "my way or the highway" regime that sits at the top table these days,

maybe if the nat comm were more approachable by members that were not part of the clic, and listened to the members that fund the club there would not be so many members leaving the club at lot of which are long term members sick of the stubborn way the club is being run,all that was ever needed was common sense a phone call,letter,email etc,i was at the agm when essex were voted out and was amazed how quickly hands went up when a vote was put forward.

i dont know the reasons behind why they could not make the agm forthe second year but reading between the lines surely the nat comm could see there was a bit unrest at the club instead of flexing its "muscles" maybe a helping hand would have been the way forward and all this could have been avoided, seeing as thou alex and his team have obviously done a fantastic job pulling the club together the only loser is the rsoc.

and unless attitudes change can only see more groups following the same path
Old 27-06-2010, 01:19 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by erjones
just a shame at times as were all there for the same thing

Well said, don't fight.......... UNITE