Shows & Track Days Advertise and arrange your shows and track days in here.

Rs owners regional clubs and their demanding boss (rsoc)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by icekoub
In my opinion its the only way to go mate,you aint got to answer to anyone and the clubs money belongs to your club only,they have pathetic rules this commitee,and regional clubs are better without them,they are very clicky and they are in it for themselves !
Hope other clubs follow suit like you said

Just looked mate,dont know what to say,im lost 4 words,your more than welcome to come down mate,but its a long trip for you,your always welcome to come and join us on our club stands mate at most shows,we are friendly and would welcome you on board, keep in touch buddy
PS...You would not be treated like that at our club,no chance of that !
thanks mate ill keep in touch and ill be down to meet ya all soon...thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
icekoub
PASSION FORD NORTH LONDON

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsmat
thanks mate ill keep in touch and ill be down to meet ya all soon...thanks for the warm welcome.
Anytime mate, chat soon,will pm you my number too
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

thanks mate..you sound a great lot...
Old 11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Twins
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 118 Likes on 110 Posts

Its probably the strongest its ever been at the moment well done to all ,the car of the night and raffles go down very well, and always make for a good bit of banter
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM
3drnigel
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well what can i say other than well done alex for a great job in running the club and keep up the good work. Essex RSoc is a very large club with a fantastic following of people that not only local people visiting the meets but from further afield like surrey, middx, kent and even norfolk which i proof in how good it really is. The logos, flags and banners are great and have had good comments from other clubs at shows. Essex RSoc is often one of the biggest regional clubs at many shows at get noticed by the amount of cars in attendance.
Alex keep doing what your doing and ignore the haters there on jealous of how well it's going.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:59 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I myself don't own an RS but i have been along to a few of Alex's meets and I was shocked at just how many people were there! Such a massive amount of people turned up, supporting the club its a massive achievement and Alex needs a well deserved pat on the back! (even if, ya do send out doubled numbers on raffle tickets sometimes hehe )

I remember sitting in that pub, at the meet, there was sooo many people there everyone standing up, the pub was rammed!

Keep up the good work Alex, your supported all the way

Last edited by **caz**; 11-06-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:07 AM
icekoub

Originally Posted by Twins
Its probably the strongest its ever been at the moment well done to all ,the car of the night and raffles go down very well, and always make for a good bit of banter
Cheers for the comment mate or mates lol

Originally Posted by 3drnigel
Well what can i say other than well done alex for a great job in running the club and keep up the good work. Essex RSoc is a very large club with a fantastic following of people that not only local people visiting the meets but from further afield like surrey, middx, kent and even norfolk which i proof in how good it really is. The logos, flags and banners are great and have had good comments from other clubs at shows. Essex RSoc is often one of the biggest regional clubs at many shows at get noticed by the amount of cars in attendance.
Alex keep doing what your doing and ignore the haters there on jealous of how well it's going.
Thanks nigel,everyones support is important to me and i wouldnt be doing it otherwise. ESSEX RSOC has taken a stand and its punters agree

Originally Posted by **caz**
I myself don't own an RS but i have been along to a few of Alex's meets and I was shocked at just how many people were there! Such a massive amount of people turned up, supporting the club its a massive achievement and Alex needs a well deserved pat on the back! (even if, ya do send out doubled numbers on raffle tickets sometimes hehe )

I remember sitting in that pub, at the meet, there was sooo many people there everyone standing up, the pub was rammed!

Keep up the good work Alex, your supported all the way
Thank you very much Caz,love your comment on raffle tickets lol,lucky they had serial numbers on them to identify the winning tickets
Thanks for posting,means alot
Old 11-06-2010, 11:46 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by icekoub
Thank you very much Caz,love your comment on raffle tickets lol,lucky they had serial numbers on them to identify the winning tickets
Thanks for posting,means alot
lol well it had to be said altho good job ya had the serial numbers on there lol it meant that i well and truly one my cortina money box lol

Im posting because I am impressed with your club, and your turnout! here's to many more massive meets and more great shows! ya never know i might be taking you up on our lil conversation at classic
Old 11-06-2010, 02:11 PM
B19 JUB
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

you know i back ya 10000% alex.youve made this club go from a good club to an absolutely amazing club.turnouts for north london and essexrsoc meets get bigger every month and know how much effort you put in to make sure meets go well and theres no trouble,esp north london.
feel so proud in having the stickers on the beast and love the presence we have at shows.

keep up the good work mate,the usual lot will do its best to help and sure theres plenty of people who are willing to help aswell

ESSEXRSOC for life.FTW not for the win but FUCK THE WORLD lol
Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
kevmk2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Keep doing what you do Alex, it works for us
We all enjoy the evening each month, i know i havnt been to many meets this year, but thats due to the car being broke lol.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Jaz
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by rsmat
im from the south yorkshire but im never gona go to the south yorkshire meets because i tried and asked them all the other night where to meet and what time and they all posted like i was invisable...i would drive down to meet all of you good guys.....take alook on the rsownersclub under south yorkshire and ull see all my posts ignored.

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=281999
Its a shame but what you say is true.
I have been to shows and meets and been totally ignored...at times by people whom i have spoke with before???
Some people dont want to talk(fine) or even want to look round the car???, but guess what when your not around they come over to have a sneaky look??? Weirdos!!!
I personally would almost go out of my way for fellow Rs entusiast if need be or if i can help in any way,dats just me! But obviously not when people do not deserve it.
Therefore me and my friends will just go elsewhere where we feel more welcomed and have Rs related FUN...like Alex's meets
Dam, i cant even sneakly leave one of his meets without him jumping up and down waiving goodbye lol
Keep up the good works Alex and goodluck with future events.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

If it works for you Alex then you must be doing something right
We attend RS Shows and non RS Shows to try and give our Group a bit of variety. We also Welcome all cars at our meets (most drift cars are non Ford).

Essex is the spirital home of Ford so would be a shame to lose that tag so keep flying the flag mate

Regards
Sinbad
Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
lizzyB
Virgin

Well said Alexx...

Both of us are behind you 100% and we enjoy the evenings and meetings both in Essex and North London, which you work your wotsits off and it's appreciated by us showing our support...I must say that we've had other ford owners coming to out meets and we've made them WELCOME, which shows that we're not a bad bunch really, it's just a shame that there's sad people out there that are saying all this crap. Maybe if they had a decent leader like yourself who cares about THEIR OWN CLUB and concentrate on making a go of their own club and let us get on with our club, which is getting bigger and better, so they don't stand a chance anyway!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Puss2
Formerly know as Puss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As above really Al you do a craking job running the essex group and hope you continue
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 PM
johnnysash
PassionFord Regular

respect to the the essex INDEPENDSANT RSOC.run by local people for local members! need to get my Rusty Special series one sorted and then i will be with you all at shows etc reather than ponsing lifts to shows in the boot of jap crap!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
icekoub

Originally Posted by B19 JUB
you know i back ya 10000% alex.youve made this club go from a good club to an absolutely amazing club.turnouts for north london and essexrsoc meets get bigger every month and know how much effort you put in to make sure meets go well and theres no trouble,esp north london.
feel so proud in having the stickers on the beast and love the presence we have at shows.

keep up the good work mate,the usual lot will do its best to help and sure theres plenty of people who are willing to help aswell

ESSEXRSOC for life.FTW not for the win but FUCK THE WORLD lol
Thanks mate,top man ,comment means alot bud

Originally Posted by kevmk2
Keep doing what you do Alex, it works for us
We all enjoy the evening each month, i know i havnt been to many meets this year, but thats due to the car being broke lol.
Thank you Kev,hope to see you more often mate,thank you for your post,much needed Hope car is ok,and love reading them times you have on your sig Thanks again
Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 AM
icekoub

Originally Posted by Jaz
Its a shame but what you say is true.
I have been to shows and meets and been totally ignored...at times by people whom i have spoke with before???
Some people dont want to talk(fine) or even want to look round the car???, but guess what when your not around they come over to have a sneaky look??? Weirdos!!!
I personally would almost go out of my way for fellow Rs entusiast if need be or if i can help in any way,dats just me! But obviously not when people do not deserve it.
Therefore me and my friends will just go elsewhere where we feel more welcomed and have Rs related FUN...like Alex's meets
Dam, i cant even sneakly leave one of his meets without him jumping up and down waiving goodbye lol
Keep up the good works Alex and goodluck with future events.
Thanks Jaz,everything you have said is true,others say the same,glad you feel welcomed at our meets mate,we wouldnt have it any other way,your all loyal and support our meets so thats why i do my upmost for you all to enjoy and meet new friends,and talk about cars,thats the way ESSEXRSOC and PASSION FORD N.LONDON meets are and always will be
Thank you for your support

Originally Posted by Sinbad
If it works for you Alex then you must be doing something right
We attend RS Shows and non RS Shows to try and give our Group a bit of variety. We also Welcome all cars at our meets (most drift cars are non Ford).

Essex is the spirital home of Ford so would be a shame to lose that tag so keep flying the flag mate

Regards
Sinbad
Cheers Sinbad,the flag is flying high and proud mate,and variety is the way to go mate,so keep your group strong,Thanks for posting mate..

Originally Posted by lizzyB

Well said Alexx...

Both of us are behind you 100% and we enjoy the evenings and meetings both in Essex and North London, which you work your wotsits off and it's appreciated by us showing our support...I must say that we've had other ford owners coming to out meets and we've made them WELCOME, which shows that we're not a bad bunch really, it's just a shame that there's sad people out there that are saying all this crap. Maybe if they had a decent leader like yourself who cares about THEIR OWN CLUB and concentrate on making a go of their own club and let us get on with our club, which is getting bigger and better, so they don't stand a chance anyway!!!!!!
Im lost for words and truely appreciate your comments,thank you very much and couldnt agree with you more
Old 12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
icekoub

Originally Posted by puss
As above really Al you do a craking job running the essex group and hope you continue
Thanks mate,will fight on,ESSEX RSOC had to take a bite back,and its all about you lot too who have made this club,bigger,stronger,and independant ! CheeRS for your support

Originally Posted by johnnysash
respect to the the essex INDEPENDSANT RSOC.run by local people for local members! need to get my Rusty Special series one sorted and then i will be with you all at shows etc reather than ponsing lifts to shows in the boot of jap crap!
CheeRS mate,top man,ESSEX RSOC is a club for its members and friends and not for the greedy gits,think you know who im talking about ! As for SE ESSEX...need i say more ? ?
Hope to see you soon Bud
Old 14-06-2010, 12:49 AM
icekoub

Thank you everyone who has posted and put your views across too,this is a fantastic club with massive great support and very loyal,with support like you the club will grow bigger and stronger than what it is now (massive), so from the bottom of my heart .. thank you very much...

Alexis ... Chairman, ESSEX RSOC .... ESSEX GROUP
Old 14-06-2010, 06:48 PM
RSEDD
Part of the Furniture

Talking

In my opinion, the Essex group is one of the best run RS groups there is today. It takes alot for someone singlehandedly, to put his name forward and off his own back make the Essex Group what it is today!!!
Alot of people are all to willing just to turn up and let Alex do his thing!! What with all the banners, trophys and group meetings, I know that if Alex was to just f11ck it all off then the Group would more or less dissolve into a meet with no organisation, or shows to attend!!!

Excellent work Alex, its down to you that the Essex group is still stronger than ever and continuing to grow...And for all the other groups who constantly moan about us and what they think is right or wrong...Come to a summer meet and go home, hoping that your group will be as big as the ESSEX RS Group!!!!

Once again, WELL DONE ALEX...Romford Massif!!!
Old 14-06-2010, 07:25 PM
cosevo
Advanced PassionFord User

I came to my first meet last time since about 2 years, and was some nice motors there, and seemed a good atmos, but it did seem pretty quiet compared to a few years ago, is this just cause of less RS's about?

Hopefully bring my RS to the next meet, if its fixed
Old 15-06-2010, 11:53 AM
icekoub

Originally Posted by RSEDD
In my opinion, the Essex group is one of the best run RS groups there is today. It takes alot for someone singlehandedly, to put his name forward and off his own back make the Essex Group what it is today!!!
Alot of people are all to willing just to turn up and let Alex do his thing!! What with all the banners, trophys and group meetings, I know that if Alex was to just f11ck it all off then the Group would more or less dissolve into a meet with no organisation, or shows to attend!!!

Excellent work Alex, its down to you that the Essex group is still stronger than ever and continuing to grow...And for all the other groups who constantly moan about us and what they think is right or wrong...Come to a summer meet and go home, hoping that your group will be as big as the ESSEX RS Group!!!!

Once again, WELL DONE ALEX...Romford Massif!!!
Thank you matey,everything you have said is true,top man,hope to see you soon

Originally Posted by cosevo
I came to my first meet last time since about 2 years, and was some nice motors there, and seemed a good atmos, but it did seem pretty quiet compared to a few years ago, is this just cause of less RS's about?

Hopefully bring my RS to the next meet, if its fixed
Well for the last 4-5 months the car park has been rammed with RS's mate lol,so im not quite sure about less RS's,look at the pictures in the last two meets in same area as this thread... under ESSEX RSOC meet June 8th, and also MAY 11th, its been pretty busy matey.
Yeah we have a great atmosphere and everyone is friendly and not clicky like some other twats down the road !
Thanks for your comments and hope to see you at the next meet

Last edited by icekoub; 15-06-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 17-06-2010, 09:49 PM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Let's all slag the RSOC off (yet again). Very childish as always. Change the bloody record for once. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 18-06-2010, 07:53 AM
stickertone

Talking

Originally Posted by frosticles
Let's all slag the RSOC off (yet again). Very childish as always. Change the bloody record for once. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and who are you???????
Old 18-06-2010, 11:22 AM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Originally Posted by stickertone
and who are you???????
Does it really matter? I just hate to hear all the negative comments about the RSOC from people who have probably never been a member but think they know everything! All clubs have rules, car clubs included. If you break the rules then the main body has to act. Fair?
Old 18-06-2010, 12:34 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it really matter? I just hate to hear all the negative comments about the RSOC from people who have probably never been a member but think they know everything! All clubs have rules, car clubs included. If you break the rules then the main body has to act. Fair?
Ah, is this the group that kept failing to make the AGM's then?
Old 18-06-2010, 12:48 PM
irishescorts

No idea of the story behind this but there is way way way too much politics involved in the RSOC. Even over here the Ireland group never was huge but now it's lost even more members to the newly formed Leinster group (who in fairness were right to leave).

Sounds like you're doing a good job anyway so fair play to ya
Old 18-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Frosty what you doing on here, didn't think Passion Ford would be your thing
Old 19-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Louise25

All I would like to say is similar to all that have posted I tried to attend the RSOC meets here in Kent but guess what your ignored people are rude and you feel robbed for the membership money you HAVE paid for then drive to events to be IGNORED!!

I make the journey every month from Canterbury to Essex to attend some thing that deserves praise not criticism!!

you comment above that this is all ZZZZZZZZZZZ and doesn't need to be said well clearly we feel differently as members of Essex RS owners club we will not put up with childish digs at us anymore that is all Alex is saying.

If RSOC felt there was nothing to worry about and that we are no threat you would all keep your selves to yours selves and leave us to it!! After all were not doing you any harm.

But you don't you continue to bitch but we will continue to grow and have presence and show what this really should be about.

People, Adults!! getting together to share they interests enjoy each others company with an amazing atmosphere, banter, laughter, all round good times! warm welcoming and some truly fantastic cars.

Other areas are seeing this! and if they have sense will leave the snobbery of RSOC behind.

Alex your great!! and we all love the club!!
Old 19-06-2010, 08:39 AM
stickertone

Talking

i was probably a member while you were still in nappies mate!!!!! (prob last weekend!), i hear all the comments from both sides of the fence, and make my own mind up.However you dont really know the ins and outs of this one,if you.e got an hour i'd bore you with the facts , not the hearsay....... why dont you come to the next essex meet and introduce yourself??? we'd be pleased to put you in the picture.....
Old 19-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Ive just joined the actual RSOC & have no desire to join the Essex Massive , you sound like a load of kids trying to justify your actions. Our cars should be a hobby not a statement of war against the real RSOC.
The guy in charge needs to get on the Valium judging by his rants , get a grip lad in the real world noone gives a cuss.
Old 19-06-2010, 09:11 AM
stickertone

Originally Posted by MadRod
Ive just joined the actual RSOC & have no desire to join the Essex Massive , you sound like a load of kids trying to justify your actions. Our cars should be a hobby not a statement of war against the real RSOC.
The guy in charge needs to get on the Valium judging by his rants , get a grip lad in the real world noone gives a cuss.
if you dont give a cuss ,then keep your nose out!!!you dont know the story. And as for the "real" rsoc they dont know what they're about... whats this rule that as long as you're a paid up member you can park any make car on the rs owners stand????(its all about revenue not displaying your rs!!) makes me wanna re-join and then park my audi, or bmw or even vw on the stand!!!! alex runs the club really well even subsidising it out of his own pocket sometimes, unlike the rsoc who takes your money, then kicks all the members out.... actually there was an unofficial appology fron rsoc, but as desision had been made it couldnt easily be upturned, and by then the injured parties had said shove it where the sun doesnt shine.
Old 19-06-2010, 10:17 AM
CHRISP
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

And as for the "real" rsoc they dont know what they're about... whats this rule that as long as you're a paid up member you can park any make car on the rs owners stand????(its all about revenue not displaying your rs!!) makes me wanna re-join and then park my audi, or bmw or even vw on the stand!!!!
i don't want to get involved with the debates going on but that info is incorrect, non rs cars are not allowed on a local group stand.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:10 PM
stickertone

Originally Posted by CHRISP
i don't want to get involved with the debates going on but that info is incorrect, non rs cars are not allowed on a local group stand.
we were told you only had to be a member.....
Old 19-06-2010, 12:33 PM
RS1600ireg
S1 RS Turbo Registrar

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

we were told you only had to be a member.....
You were told wrong then m8.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:40 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

After a few sent emails and no reply I have NEVER had any response to the question of RSOC members having a car on stand if their RS is not in a road worthy condition, however I have an associate RSOC member with a RS200 kit car whom is allowed to display his car on our stand.

Imo these areas need to be addressed and until they are written in black and white they can read in different ways.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by SteveB; 19-06-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 12:44 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Just to add....

if someone wants to show their car on a RSOC Local Grp stand pay the membership fee if they don't there are plenty of other Ford clubs out there (non RS, RS etc etc) where you don't have to pay a membership fee.

Steve
Old 19-06-2010, 04:46 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Louise25
you comment above that this is all ZZZZZZZZZZZ and doesn't need to be said well clearly we feel differently as members of Essex RS owners club we will not put up with childish digs at us anymore that is all Alex is saying.

If RSOC felt there was nothing to worry about and that we are no threat you would all keep your selves to yours selves and leave us to it!! After all were not doing you any harm.

But you don't you continue to bitch but we will continue to grow and have presence and show what this really should be about.

People, Adults!! getting together to share they interests enjoy each others company with an amazing atmosphere, banter, laughter, all round good times! warm welcoming and some truly fantastic cars.

Other areas are seeing this! and if they have sense will leave the snobbery of RSOC behind.

Alex your great!! and we all love the club!!
Oh the irony
The RSOC didnt come on here and bitch about your independant club. Although a couple of the RSOC members did come on here and defend a club to which they are quite happy with. Why did your chairman make digs at a national club via another website? If Ive got a problem with my local council I'll complain to them....I wont phone up the council of another borough to complain So basicaly, your chairman is trying to cause trouble, fair enough.....go for it, Im sure no one really gives a flying fuck to be honest, I know I dont.....in fact the only reason Im writing all this out is because Im waiting to use the shower but the missus is already in there, so Im just killing a few minutes winding you up

I dont attend any regional meets of the RSOC.....I keep saying I'll get to my local one some time now but I never seem to find the time. I really must make the effort though as the Derby group is a cracking group from what Ive seen in the past and Dingy is obviously dedicated to the cause.

Also, the fee I pay the RSOC to be a member was paid back in discounts as soon as I insured my 3dr this year....and the savings I make on national day tickets just adds to the rewards. I know your not supposed to join just to receive but hey, Ive got a cossie to support

So basicaly, imo, if you've got an issue with the RSOC you should either rant about it on their own website, or raise an issue at an RSOC AGM or shut up and get on with your own thing and leave others to it....end of the day your not exactly going to acheive anything here apart from look bitter.

If you want, I could discuss these points with you at your national day this year, when is it?

Last edited by cossie604; 19-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 19-06-2010, 05:21 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

You're right about the insurance scheme.... I save at least the RSOC membership fee EVERY year and some just on my insurance!!!

Steve
Old 19-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by CHRISP
We had it from a National Committee Member that its possible mate as they are fully paid up Members. Its not something we would like to happen but sometimes if someones car is not ready or they are a big girl and wohn't bring it out in the rain then they do come in non RS cars.

We have Associate members who show on our stand with Fiesta Supersport, assorted MK1 and MK2 Escorts, and a Capri.
It's a big grey area and something we try to police ourselves.

Quick Reply: Rs owners regional clubs and their demanding boss (rsoc)