Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

"Fitting spoiler"

Search this Thread

Old 21-03-2022, 07:19 PM
jack s
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Fitting spoiler"

Hi all,

I’m thinking about using both 3M double sided tape and Tigerseal to fit a boot lip spoiler.

Tape around the outer edge, Tigerseal, all other areas.

My thoughts are, that the 3M tape will hold the spoiler on instantly and also stop the Tigerseal from oozing out.

What do you think.

Many thanks.
Old 24-03-2022, 07:58 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

hi there tiger tiger seal is unbelievably a good product i would say the best. i first came across it years ago on a marine aplication im sure ive read somewhere it will sticlk and seal under water. ive bonded all sorts with it including my saph front windscreen rubber fuk nows how im getting that of if the time comes.dont use the double sided tape as you dont need it. lightly key the mating surfaces with 180 grit rubber will scuff also dont use tape to keep the black magic in let it ooze out a bit hold the spoiler in place with another fantastic product gaffa tape where ever it tries to lift. whipe the worst of with a rag where its oozing out and then soak a good rag in either pannal whipe or meths or even acetone also known as nail varnish remover pannal whipe is slightly better than the others but all theses dissolve the black magic goo and it will blend in like magic leaving no edge. the black goo gives you plenty of working time but dont fuk about if you get on with it that is. even if it starts going off the these products will still break it down. try a bit first on somthing and see how the pannal wipe etc works blending it in. be warned though wear rubber gloves as your black hands wont be going anywhere near your birds nick nicks for days on end
The following users liked this post:
jack s (24-03-2022)
Old 24-03-2022, 08:04 PM
ray barker

what i forgot to mension is dont use your mums dish cloths for a rag as there to pilthy use a lint free or lint free ish rag
jack s (24-03-2022)
Old 24-03-2022, 09:38 PM
jack s
Virgin

Thanks Ray,
Great advice.

You are a diamond.

I’ve got a Mondeo MK3 and am in the process of giving it a make over, using some ST body panels.

When completed, I’ll send you some pics. Trouble is, I am getting old, slowing down, so may take some time 😁
Old 25-03-2022, 08:17 PM
ray barker

get some pics up jack of your st before you start . i nearly bought one six years ago there great looking cars
Old 25-03-2022, 08:51 PM
jack s
Virgin

Default Spoiler

Originally Posted by ray barker
get some pics up jack of your st before you start . i nearly bought one six years ago there great looking cars
Ray,
I have a Mondeo MK3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X. It has a lot of extras, but not the ST body kit.
I started about a year ago knowing that the some of the ST panels would not fit, owing to different dimensions and fixings between the two models.
I have had to fabricate these panel because of the differences. For example, the ST wheel arches are wider that the Ghia X.
Below are some examples of what it looked like before and where am now.
The front is ongoing, as is the skirts and rear bumper. The boot lip spoiler is in my kitchen !

Old 27-03-2022, 12:39 AM
ray barker

thanks for the piccs im stocked. i drove a mondeo taxi giha for 6 montns night and day i loved it i drove it like i stole it . i got a cossie but the fun is gone its worth shit loads but the funs gone. its not concourse but the days where they were afordadable are long gone and meets where plenty its just such a different world now. i would love to start againg with somthing like you got thanks for sharing
The following 2 users liked this post by ray barker:
jack s (27-03-2022), STeve (27-03-2022)
Old 27-03-2022, 03:08 AM
jack s
Virgin

Default Spoiler

Originally Posted by ray barker
thanks for the piccs im stocked. i drove a mondeo taxi giha for 6 montns night and day i loved it i drove it like i stole it . i got a cossie but the fun is gone its worth shit loads but the funs gone. its not concourse but the days where they were afordadable are long gone and meets where plenty its just such a different world now. i would love to start againg with somthing like you got thanks for sharing
Ray,

Its a pleasure to share with you.

I will keep you updated.

Mate, you take care now.

STeve (27-03-2022)