Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!

Search this Thread

Old 25-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm generally asking as i work for PPG (Nexa) (Max Meyer) and specifically manufactor solvent based primers and base coats....
Old 25-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jacko
right ill tell you exactly whats gone on shall i martin

it is not the primer that has caused this at all and ill tell your painter that my self if i have to

its this simple (primer is porous)it does not hold the solvent in it just needs to hassve long enough to dry full
nor has it got water in it as my compressor has the best air quality possible if it was down to primer why have i never had the problem before

it is exactly how i said it was and down to the glasurit black
it has had enough solvent trapped in it to nattack the primer simple as that
iv now heard of 2 other people that have had problems with glkasurit black (not just me)

your bumpers where not painted in spray filler but the car had to be to get rid of the ripples in the sides

im persuing compensation from the paint company to try get you a refund in full and ill continue to do this
but if i can help it i aint losing any more money so if they wont sort it ill give you half as aggreed

the reason i havnt been back on here is simple
it pisses me off every thime i see this car as i like things to be right and after all the time and efort spent on this car it turned to shit down to paint product

now iv been doing paint work since i was 13 and im now 28 and this is the first major problem iv had

now all the people on this thread that slagged me off can you tell is your work record that clean

You picked the paint, you used the paint, the result was a fucked up paint job
How is it marin's fault that you misunderstood the recomendation you were given, or you asked the wrong person etc, you were meant to be the expert, so he was trusting your judgement to use the right products.

ANY decent company at the point it went wrong entirely because of their use of the wrong product that they choose to use, would be refunding in full not saying "fuck the customer all I care about is me not being out of pocket"

Truely shocking customer service I reckon, yes people make mistakes, but the measure of a good or bad company IMHO is how they deal with those mistakes to ensure they dont impact the customer.

I cant believe you are even bothering to try and blame someone else when it was your choice to use that paint, so as a professional you should be making good for your mistake in doing so.
Old 25-01-2010, 09:24 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the impression Chip it is because he is not fiancially in the position to refund the entire cost, sorry if l am wrong Jacko, also is there not some form of insurance for this type of situation?

Mike
Old 25-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Chip

surely if he cant afford it, then he should just say "I cant afford it all at once, I will pay you in stages"

Thats what I would do if I owed money and was too skint to pay it all at once and couldnt raise it for some reason.
Old 25-01-2010, 10:22 AM
andybrst
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Chip
surely if he cant afford it, then he should just say "I cant afford it all at once, I will pay you in stages"

Thats what I would do if I owed money and was too skint to pay it all at once and couldnt raise it for some reason.

previously in the thread jacko did state that he is not in a position financially where he can refund in full as he has bills to pay he is already out of pocket due to doing the job so cheap, i have just read the whole thread and its funny how at the start people couldnt rate jacko enough so that just proves how good his past track record is and how impressed people are with his work but as soon as a problem occurs all the people who know fuck all about whats going on are the first to pipe up and start slagging jacko off at the end of the day its one of those unfortunate things that has happend which imho has nothing to do with anyone else other than the parties involved. The problem with forums is there are so many people using them who think they know everything when really they know fuck all just drop it and let them deal with it

Im a mechanic and yea things especially in this trade do fuck up sometimes but shit happens. The current climate we are in im sure jacko can do with out all the bad press his company is getting when by previous work it shows the talent the bloke has got

My rant over
Old 25-01-2010, 10:48 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

chip did you read a word of what i just bwrote or are you just being arogant

im trying to get martin a full refund for the price he payed for the paintjob

some thing unforscene has happened with the black glasurit paint and im trying to prove this so i have a case against them

thats why im saying its not the primer that and iv allways used the same stuff and its allways been fine

now if i have to re do thios in bigger letters for you i will

(if the car had of been white red blue or any other straight colour other than the black it wouldnt have had

there is a problem with the black only THE PROBLEM)
Old 25-01-2010, 10:52 AM
andybrst
Regular Contributor

some thing unforscene has happened with the black glasurit paint and im trying to prove this so i have a case against them

thats why im saying its not the primer that and iv allways used the same stuff and its allways been fine

(if the car had of been white red blue or any other straight colour other than the black it wouldnt have had

at the end of the day jacko you shouldnt have to come on here and explain yuorself to anybody other than martin best thing to do is carry on doing what yo do best and forget about this at the end of the day its not like you did it intending this to happen, its just al the keyboard worriers slatting you when they know fuck all about whats happening and its so annoying how people think they have a rite to carry on with you over a forum when its fuck all to do with them
Old 25-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Chip

I have read all your replies.

You last one stated that if you could get the money from the paint company, you would give martin a full refund, and if you couldnt then you would give him half a refund as you arent prepared to lose money just to be fair to a customer.

I am very good at reading, even posts written in broken english, so I dont feel you need to say anything again, but feel free if you like.

If I personally appointed a professional painter to paint a colour as common as black, I wouldnt expect them to struggle to find paint that worked, however if they werent confident enough in the paint they could find, then I would expect them to tell me that before they started the work so I could take it to someone who does know what products to use to paint a black car without issue.

I dont see why martin should be out of pocket simply because you didnt know what products would work to paint a black car with, surely thats 100% your problem not his?
Old 25-01-2010, 11:02 AM
andybrst
Regular Contributor

I have read all your replies.

You last one stated that if you could get the money from the paint company, you would give martin a full refund, and if you couldnt then you would give him half a refund as you arent prepared to lose money just to be fair to a customer.

I am very good at reading, even posts written in broken english, so I dont feel you need to say anything again, but feel free if you like.

If I personally appointed a professional painter to paint a colour as common as black, I wouldnt expect them to struggle to find paint that worked, however if they werent confident enough in the paint they could find, then I would expect them to tell me that before they started the work so I could take it to someone who does know what products to use to paint a black car without issue.

I dont see why martin should be out of pocket simply because you didnt know what products would work to paint a black car with, surely thats 100% your problem not his?
at the end of the day why do you even give a fuck its got nothing to do with you, stop getting involved with something that doesnt concern you. You said if it was your car getting painted you would find some1 who knew what paint to use well guess what IT ISNT YOUR CAR so stop carrying on.
Why carnt anyone drop this its pathetic
Old 25-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by andybrst
at the end of the day why do you even give a fuck its got nothing to do with you, stop getting involved with something that doesnt concern you. You said if it was your car getting painted you would find some1 who knew what paint to use well guess what IT ISNT YOUR CAR so stop carrying on.
Why carnt anyone drop this its pathetic
This is a discussion forum about cars, things such as what people believe to be acceptable customer care standards from a painter when they hit a problem are the sort of things that people discuss in threads, if that doesnt interest you, simply dont reply, but it does interest me so dont tell me not to reply to it.
Old 25-01-2010, 11:24 AM
andybrst
Regular Contributor

This is a discussion forum about cars, things such as what people believe to be acceptable customer care standards from a painter when they hit a problem are the sort of things that people discuss in threads, if that doesnt interest you, simply dont reply, but it does interest me so dont tell me not to reply to it.
i totally understand where your coming from but the point im trying to make is i dont see why people are still carrying on about it, i think jacko has said enough and i think people should leave it at that, thats all
Old 25-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by andybrst
i totally understand where your coming from but the point im trying to make is i dont see why people are still carrying on about it
I cant talk for others, but personally im still commenting at this point as I was asked a question by Jacko and by yourself

i think jacko has said enough
Agreed, he has certainly said enough that I personally know that I would never use him and would always advise others not to do so, as he seems to genuinely believe that the problem that he caused, is not his responsibility to sort out, and IMHO that is totally unprofessional.

I feel that the correct thing to do is give a full refund to the customer (or arrange a payment plan to do so if he cant afford it right now, im sure Martin would be obliging), and then attempt to recover that cost from the supplier, not do it the other way around and if he fails to recover costs from the supplier tell the customer that it means its tough and he cant have a refund.

and i think people should leave it at that, thats all
Its up to others what they want to discuss or not, so I dont try and make that decision for people, I just stop reading or replying to something if it no longer interests me.
Old 25-01-2010, 11:55 AM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

i think this thread needs a clean up by the mods to get it back on track as a thread about the rebuilding of a car not about keyboard worriors slating people when they dont know all the facts

I think when i get home on the laptop i will useing the hide button on chip as i cant be bothered to read his drivel any more

COME ON MODS READ THROUGH THE THREAD &GET IT CLEANED UP TO GET IT BACK ON TRACK
Old 25-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by blacky.
i think this thread needs a clean up by the mods to get it back on track as a thread about the rebuilding of a car not about keyboard worriors slating people when they dont know all the facts
Keyboard warrior is a term normally used to describe someone who goes around the internet threatening to beat people up, I have seen no such replies in this thread, it all seems pretty grown up to me with people just giving their honest opinion.

I think when i get home on the laptop i will useing the hide button on chip as i cant be bothered to read his drivel any more
Use this link and you can do it quickly and easily from any computer:
https://passionford.com/forum/profil...ignore&u=26402
No need to go around broadcasting the fact though, perfectly possible to just do so without having a song and dance about it, well unless you are looking for some sort of reaction for some weird reason of course.

COME ON MODS READ THROUGH THE THREAD &GET IT CLEANED UP TO GET IT BACK ON TRACK
Surely that is for martin to decide not you, as its his thread, and he might want people to see the reason his build has taken so long etc.
Old 25-01-2010, 06:29 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

right chip you realy aint seeing this are you n

if a fire man goes and puts out fires with his hose and it works every time and puts the fire out he is doing his job right

and if he was told here you go here is the engine go put the fire out andit had been filled with petrol is it his fault (no)

the paint only has a problem in its black form i had used it before and it was fine why wauld i think the black would cause a problem

and as for painting your car id have turned you away cos only a compleate gimp would paint a road going 3 door yellow
Old 25-01-2010, 06:43 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin-Reyland
Not sure he is but he's not saying ANYTHING! The more I dig into my paid for paint job the less happy I am. Deal with companies that have money in the bank not one man bands, they have no contingency for mistakes on big jobs... Learn from my mistakes!!!

don't mean to pick but are you not a one man band?
Old 25-01-2010, 06:45 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i arnt thats for sure
Old 25-01-2010, 06:48 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if a fire man goes and puts out fires with his hose and it works every time and puts the fire out he is doing his job right

and if he was told here you go here is the engine go put the fire out andit had been filled with petrol is it his fault (no)

the paint only has a problem in its black form i had used it before and it was fine why wauld i think the black would cause a problem

and as for painting your car id have turned you away cos only a compleate gimp would paint a road going 3 door yellow
Jacko, this is non of my buisness but l think you sound like a decent enough guy, ultimately l see what you are trying to say, but as a customer Martins issue is with you, not the paint company, hence it should be you fully compensating Martin and then you go after the paint company,

Mike
Old 25-01-2010, 06:59 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i understand that mate i realy do but at the moment iv got no chance of being able to repay him in full
i will sort it one way or another

it just pisses me off with people talking shit and just having a go at me after iv tried to do a realy good job

at thew end of the day the job was good the bad paint let it down
Old 25-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

ive seen jackos compressor and its well mint ,

jackos quality and so his all his work ,

id have jacko paint my cars anyday

glenny boy

Last edited by Glenn_; 25-01-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 25-01-2010, 07:14 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is all

beef
Old 25-01-2010, 07:19 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

lmao,+1 quality
Old 25-01-2010, 07:27 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

escos diff supports in the post martin
Old 25-01-2010, 07:58 PM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha ha ha, that made me laugh about the yellow 3door comment but as you say each to there own! sorry chip but it is a gay colour, any way this thread needs to be locked as beefy says a f*cking broken record.
Old 25-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

What tool fills a fire engine with petrol instead of water??? Lol!

Originally Posted by saph4be
don't mean to pick but are you not a one man band?
Indeed that is true but I do have the reserves and the will to put any fuck ups right... Minor or major!

Last edited by Martin-Hadland; 25-01-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 25-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by andy escos
escos diff supports in the post martin
Thanks dude
Old 25-01-2010, 08:19 PM
erjones
PassionFord Regular

One who miss understood the saying "fight fire with fire" lol
Old 25-01-2010, 08:24 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Indeed that is true but I do have the reserves and the will to put any fuck ups right... Minor or major!

only pulln ya chain mate you done work for me before and i would trust no one else
Old 25-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Chips right... martin paid jacko... he made the mistake simple. Martin i think your daft accepting half.
Old 25-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by saph4be
only pulln ya chain mate you done work for me before and i would trust no one else
Not a problem ... I hadn't taken offence anyway
Old 25-01-2010, 08:30 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and so will i mate im just trying to prove whats gone wrong here cos i should realy be goiung to them and saying this was a nproper priced job and getting what i should be owed to but im more than happy to just get yours back if i can your the customer at the end of the day and iv allways made my customers happy

but now things have came to light about the paint its self its became allot clearer whats gone on

to tell you the trouth this whole nthing realy dishartened me as i could do an average job on everyday cars and ern allot more monney but chose to do what i love instead and get this with one fuck up to my name
Old 25-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

and so will i mate im just trying to prove whats gone wrong here cos i should realy be goiung to them and saying this was a nproper priced job and getting what i should be owed to but im more than happy to just get yours back if i can your the customer at the end of the day and iv allways made my customers happy

but now things have came to light about the paint its self its became allot clearer whats gone on

to tell you the trouth this whole nthing realy dishartened me as i could do an average job on everyday cars and ern allot more monney but chose to do what i love instead and get this with one fuck up to my name
To be honest I reckon that you have zero or less chance of getting recompense from the paint manufacturer, you have painted over the offending finish and you don't have the car either so theyre home and dry. Any claim should have been made at the time.

If this car didn't mean so much to me it would have been in bits by now and like you I'm disheartened but I need to get this car done (you know why)..

Do you know what I think you should do?? I think you should take the car back and make it right and do so in a timely fashion, not in 6 months!! That's what I would have done!

Last edited by Martin-Hadland; 25-01-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 25-01-2010, 09:08 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

+ 1

only way not to loose face or reputation in this case ,

get it back , all hands to the pump , get it sorted , keep doing what you love ,
Old 25-01-2010, 10:01 PM
paul thornton
BMW RS DIESELWORTH

Lots of bored wankers on this site nowadays.this is a simple problem that should be sorted out between martin and jacko,not put on here for everyone to leave stupid comments on. Feel for both partys but come on this is getting pathetic. Have people no understanding of the real world? Needs sorting for sure but not like this,its like bloody playground talk.loads of people,obvously with nothing better to do just hyping up the situation and making it far worse than it actually is!
Old 25-01-2010, 11:02 PM
nugnah
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by -beefy-
+ 1

only way not to loose face or reputation in this case ,

get it back , all hands to the pump , get it sorted , keep doing what you love ,
i agree.

jason
Old 25-01-2010, 11:27 PM
special-K
Regular Contributor

Look some people no me and some dont im karl formaly the fabricator at blue oval. now ive done the fab work on this car ive seen the car first hand also seen the hassel this car has caused not only for me but for jacko and martin now they are both adults let them sort it between them selves and others take a step back.. so let martin get it built enjoy it and cut jacko abit of slack ive work with this lad for years from when we started from my parents garage as a hobby for both of us who love the cars the shows etc.. this post has turned to shit and like others have said lets get it back on track...

p.s. hope the floor numbers looked ok martin. (no its not a ringer)
Old 25-01-2010, 11:39 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

those were they days ,

three lads stuck in a 13ftx8 ft garage pissing ourselves laughing everyday and perving at the local poon tang passing by , !!!

shit i totally miss that ,

beef
Old 26-01-2010, 06:53 AM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I thought you had Tony working with you?

Mike
Old 26-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Chip

If, like you in the case of the paint, it was him who was stupid enough to put the wrong product in the hose in the first place in your totally ridiculous example, then yes its totally his fault.

That sounds like one of those things that inexperienced people find out the hard way, and if they are decent folk its then them that pays for their mistake not the customer!
I get things wrong in my job from time to time, thats what people do as none of us are perfect, but when I do so, the customer never suffers as a result!

and as for painting your car id have turned you away
Thats good, cause I didnt want it covered in runs and blisters anyway funnily enough
Old 26-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by paul thornton
Lots of bored wankers on this site nowadays.this is a simple problem that should be sorted out between martin and jacko,not put on here for everyone to leave stupid comments on. Feel for both partys but come on this is getting pathetic. Have people no understanding of the real world? Needs sorting for sure but not like this,its like bloody playground talk.loads of people,obvously with nothing better to do just hyping up the situation and making it far worse than it actually is!
It should be a VERY simple situation.
Customer pays for job
Customer gets satisfactory work, or a refund

The end.

Shouldnt be any need for discussion at all!

Quick Reply: Martoons RS500 4x4 rebuild, The black sheep!! Lol!