Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Honda Civic SOHC Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:11 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_YD
brand new blocks can be bought for a bout 2.2k delivered from the states

Thor racing are mapping it, uunfortunately not tomorrow anymore..its not ready new date is september 5th

I havnt got a build thread

what turbo are you putting on?
That turbo is a Holset HX35. Just got to make a few changes to it then i'm going to start making the manifold.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to see your still working at it, you looked a bit busy at totb so I left you to it lol

V interested on the swap to LPG though, what system are you going to use ?

Fitting hardened valve seats I presume ?

If you need anything to do it I may be able to help as its what I do for a living.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:48 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
Good to see your still working at it, you looked a bit busy at totb so I left you to it lol

V interested on the swap to LPG though, what system are you going to use ?

Fitting hardened valve seats I presume ?

If you need anything to do it I may be able to help as its what I do for a living.
You fit LPG for a living?

You need to help me then mate

Yes TOTB wasn't a good day really haha.

I'm really unsure on the LPG, as the ECU i use has twin map's, and as far as i'm aware the PRIN's system etc aren't mappable.

I was thinking about buying the part's in from the states and using my own ECU, Obviously there's things like the switch over to sort out.

I thought the hardened valve seat thing was only on older cars range rover's etc. I was basically going to run a 4way EGT and see where i need to go from there.

I use this car to test different things, what work's and what doesn't. Much cheaper than trying things out by using the Evo.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyLee53
You fit LPG for a living?

You need to help me then mate

Yes TOTB wasn't a good day really haha.

I'm really unsure on the LPG, as the ECU i use has twin map's, and as far as i'm aware the PRIN's system etc aren't mappable.

I was thinking about buying the part's in from the states and using my own ECU, Obviously there's things like the switch over to sort out.

I thought the hardened valve seat thing was only on older cars range rover's etc. I was basically going to run a 4way EGT and see where i need to go from there.

I use this car to test different things, what work's and what doesn't. Much cheaper than trying things out by using the Evo.
I do indeed, although currently I'm doing on site servicing and repairs for the company.

The Prins is one of the best systems out there really but the ecu isn't fully mappable, the only system I know fo that seems suitable is the BRC system, this is what I have fitted to my van and although we don't use all the settings they are there.

I was going to get Gav in the van one night and go for a spin and let him make his mind up if its something we could actually work with or not.

We simply won't convert Hondas, last one that came through our door for repair needed a new cylinder head and it has covered less than 10k since being converted by someone else !

There is a flashlube system out there which obviously helps matters but I wouldn't like to say how long yours would be ok.

Prins are developing a electric flashlube system which will be ideal for FI vehicles, its not ready yet but I expect it will be soon.

My theory is that if you run seperate switches for the tank and vaporizer you should be able to run the LPG injectors through any ecu ? I've not tried, nor do I know enough about the capabilities of aftermarket ecu's but it would be a LOT cheaper and I suspect better than using a specific LPG ecu.