Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

sleepers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
FredElliot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh its not a road car. Right. Thats why its on askmid and taxed then? Id also be very interested to see the wording of a traders policy that allows cars to be driven that have undeclared engine size changes. No worries though, Ill just believe you.

I guess you must cover all the others here that havent bothered updating the dvla either.

It still amazes me that this goes on today, where people will just shoehorn another engine in a car, and as long as they report it to the insurers (hopefully they at least do that), they think its legal.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by FredElliot
Oh its not a road car. Right. Thats why its on askmid and taxed then? Id also be very interested to see the wording of a traders policy that allows cars to be driven that have undeclared engine size changes. No worries though, Ill just believe you.

I guess you must cover all the others here that havent bothered updating the dvla either.

It still amazes me that this goes on today, where people will just shoehorn another engine in a car, and as long as they report it to the insurers (hopefully they at least do that), they think its legal.

alll you do is piss and fucking moan!!!..are you a copper or something??
Old 04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
QplateRST!
1/4 mile beasty!!!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The car is taxed because I have no where to keep it other than the road I can't even remember the last time it drove on the road tbh also every mod done to any of my cars I state to my insurance it cost me around 2k a year to insure my cars ,

Have u nothing better to do with your time than to check if peoples cars have been updated on the dvla? This thread is about sleepers not uninsured cars and not stating to the dvla your engines been changed my fiesta is a 1/4 mile car,
Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
ZetecSX
ITB's... Loud and Proud

You need to get out more instead of checking peoples stats..
Old 04-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by QplateRST!
The car is taxed because I have no where to keep it other than the road I can't even remember the last time it drove on the road tbh also every mod done to any of my cars I state to my insurance it cost me around 2k a year to insure my cars ,

Have u nothing better to do with your time than to check if peoples cars have been updated on the dvla? This thread is about sleepers not uninsured cars and not stating to the dvla your engines been changed my fiesta is a 1/4 mile car,

no he hasnt got anything better to do mate,he always gives it the high and mighty routine!!..same old fredElliot
Old 04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
QplateRST!
1/4 mile beasty!!!!

Originally Posted by Spoony.
no he hasnt got anything better to do mate,he always gives it the high and mighty routine!!..same old fredElliot
It's always the same on here sombody always has to piss and bitch about something totally unrelated to the thread mate, afterall who doesn't like a bit of cheap tax!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 PM
mk1trb
Boost Junkie

my old tubby estate, twas good fun with 209bhp

Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM
FredElliot

Oh Im sorry - I didnt realise that making sure the engine changes in sleeper cars was legal was not important or related in any way to the process.

No, Im not a copper. What I dont like is high insurance premiums on cars. Just as some people from this site have posted up about having high insurance premiums too.

Yet when I point out that it appears several people here have changed engines without notifying the DVLA effectively voiding their insurance, Im the one whos in the wrong. Have an accident in one of those cars which results in death or serious injury and see just how fucking unimportant it is then.

Oh and those who want to moan about the high insurance premiums just ignore the fact its things like this that contribute to it. Jesus there are some fucking hypocrits around here.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sleepers are just awesome, had a fair few me sen

some good ones on here
Old 04-10-2010, 03:33 PM
the mk1 kid
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

MK1 trb - thats what i call a sleeper mate!

Half the cars on here maybe quicker than they look, but few are real sleepers IMHO.

Tom
Old 04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
mk1trb
Boost Junkie

Oh Im sorry - I didnt realise that making sure the engine changes in sleeper cars was legal was not important or related in any way to the process.

No, Im not a copper. What I dont like is high insurance premiums on cars. Just as some people from this site have posted up about having high insurance premiums too.

Yet when I point out that it appears several people here have changed engines without notifying the DVLA effectively voiding their insurance, Im the one whos in the wrong. Have an accident in one of those cars which results in death or serious injury and see just how fucking unimportant it is then.

Oh and those who want to moan about the high insurance premiums just ignore the fact its things like this that contribute to it. Jesus there are some fucking hypocrits around here.
if someone does it then thats there business isnt it, plus it claims and compensations that put insurance up, most people do it for the cheaper road tax, and the registration document dont mean shte these days, if its insured as a turbo or whatever who gives a toss if the v5 says it or not.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
mk1trb
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by the mk1 kid
MK1 trb - thats what i call a sleeper mate!
cheers fella, was great fun upset many scoobie owners lol
Old 04-10-2010, 04:05 PM
FredElliot

Originally Posted by mk1trb
if someone does it then thats there business isnt it, plus it claims and compensations that put insurance up, most people do it for the cheaper road tax, and the registration document dont mean shte these days, if its insured as a turbo or whatever who gives a toss if the v5 says it or not.

Ok fine - you are right. It wont matter a jot. Hopefully you wont be involved in an accident in one and need to find out just how unbelieveably wrong you are.

Its illegal for so many reasons, including the tax evasion that you have hilighted.

Yes its their business. If they choose to put up a picture of a 1.6L Nova with a 3.0l engine in it and the registration on full display, then it doesn't take fucking Poirot to figure out who's breaking the law and who isnt.

We have posts here discussing how expensive insurance is, and just a couple down the list another post proudly displaying cars that are registered illegaly. But of course thats just fine and Im the chump for picking up on it.

You keep the blinkers on chap. Just don't moan about your insurance when it comes round.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:08 PM
bruny
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I bet that Civic is comically fast... I had a B18'd EG Civic (which was prob far heavier than that EG) and it was quick, what sort of times does it put down on the 1/4 mile? Are you using a Quaife LSD in the 6-spd box?

There is a lot of room in the engine bay, so space for the K20 shouldn't be a problem... but how much do all the other bits, loom, ecu, mounts, shafts etc all cost for this conversion mate??

Cheers,
Grant
the best time i ever got was a 11.6 on road tyres and only my 2nd go ever at the quatre mile.yes it had a quaife difff in the jdm k20a box,for a standard k20 conversion with engine and parts cost around the 4k mark,could be cheaper now like.its a easy conversion,going to do another 1 next year but will be turbo,lol
heres a quick little video of it just before i sold it
traction was a issue,even in 3rd.good times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHS45e6ctU
Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My old Fiesta Ghia 2.1 ZVH. The pee shooter exhaust was my favorite part

Old 04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
mk1trb
Boost Junkie

the insurance on that estate was Ł298 FC with every mod declaired, so it was legal, if i had crashed it then they would of paid out no problems, even had an agreed value on the car in parts. was pulled over in the car and when asked what i'd done to it i told the traffic officers, nothing to hide and told them it was still logged as a 1.4 l, they didnt care just wanted to make sure it was insured as i turbo. my current xr3i is turbod and insured as i turbo, isnt logged as a turbo i still pay the same tax rate as a rs turbo but the log book still say xr3i. insurance is exspensive cause people fall over and claim thousands for not watching what there doing, light fingered little shts that decide they like your car and think they deserve it more than you do and people who cant drive and stuff there motors into posts while showing off to there mates. If you dont like what people are doing with there cars then why check up on them.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
xtrmjks
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

here's mine, can't beat a sleeper!!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Originally Posted by mk1trb
If you dont like what people are doing with there cars then why check up on them.
Because he's a sad, lonely cunt with nothing better to do in his meaningless little life.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Because he's a sad, lonely cunt with nothing better to do in his meaningless little life.

+1 hes boring,always going on and on..............
Old 04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
FredElliot

I do like the performance improvements that people make to cars, Im probably as much of a petrolhead as the majority here. What I dont like is people modifying cars and running them illegaly.

If you think its fine to run illegal cars then fine, obviously Im in the minority here.

If you are going to change the engine in a car then full credit to you, its not an easy job at all, but at least do it properly and ensure that you make the car legal afterward - its only a small paperwork job ffs.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fred, let it go. You're ruining what has potential to be a good thread.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
xrmalin
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by xtrmjks
here's mine, can't beat a sleeper!!

Is this the one that drives round hinckley ? If it is ive been meaning to catch you for a chin wag but when ever i see you your going the other way lol

Heres a couple of piccies of my car

Its running a 1.8 zvh turbo

Mark.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
jonesymk2
PassionFord Post Troll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqDXoVGyRcM
this is my sleeper estate at santa pod a while ago,will hav a look for a few pics
Old 04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by QplateRST!
My 300hp fiesta still badged up as a 1.1l

Quickly become a legend in its own right
Old 04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Oh, and mine...

Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
jonesymk2
PassionFord Post Troll

mine used to be efi before but its currently on mfi now as sold a lot of the parts on when the engine packed up

Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

some nice sleepers on this thread

Last edited by Dubs44; 04-10-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:59 PM
QplateRST!
1/4 mile beasty!!!!

Had anybody got any pics of any ka turbos ? If I remember there's a few been done trying to talk my mate into building a 16v zetec turbo into one!!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Fred Elliot; fuck, i say , fuck off! You spamming twat!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Im sorry - I didnt realise that making sure the engine changes in sleeper cars was legal was not important or related in any way to the process..
yes it is

I confirm that the vehicle detailed above is registered, owned or insured by either my employer or myself, or that it is a vehicle I am permitted to drive. I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without reasonable cause and if I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

as much as id agree it is important to notify the dvla of engine changes, they are a tad hypocritical

it took them 3 attempts to change my logbook from 1.3 when i turbo'd my mk4, am i to assume that whilst my insurance was informed, the dvla's stupidity meant i should have not driven my car until they could work out why i was sending back logbooks repeatedly with 1598cc in the changes section?

and also, for insurance reasons the dvla wish to know about changes in cc, and yet care not for changes in aspiration? does that mean my insurance is invalid, even though the insurance know its a 1600 turbo, and the dvla have been made aware its a 1600 turbo, and yet only care about the 1600cc part? im sure i could get up to a much more dangerous speed in a 1.6 turbo than i cud a 1.6 n/a motor

the system itself is flawed, so what if hes saving 30 quid or so every 6 months on road tax, surely your inquisitive nature would be better used hunting down actually uninsured drivers or those without MOT's, without licences etc?

or you could just stop being a nosey cunt and get a life
Old 04-10-2010, 08:28 PM
foreverford255
Regular Contributor

this was my old bonus i built,,,,,,, god i miss that car

cheers
Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
ROADWARS
virgin only up the A hole

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Some cracking cars here people.I love both the focuses.

Si(Road wars) you have had some naughty cars mate.
i have and wish id took pictures of half of them also had a couple of good reps too but this aint the thread for it
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
crumpet
Advanced PassionFord User

question for you mfi cvh convertees.

Tomorow im goin to look at a mk3, and also a rst. it hard to convert at all? i mean loom etc?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

all the cars i have on this thread were insured correctly,they are all long gone now,the one and only time i can remember informing the dvla of an engine change it was a complete carry on as they couldnt understand the simple info i had given them,old engine 1.2,new engine 2.0 16v + engine numbers.cant be hard.they changed the engine numbers but not the cc.fred,i thought you were alright but you are a boring cunt and nobodys interested,i dont agree with cars which are modified with big engines and not modded with bigger brakes etc and not insured correctly,but i think i pay more of an insurance premium for everyday uninsured drivers who crash which im sure outnumber the modified car accidents which you seem to have the problem with 10-1.since you are a know all cunt then im sure you have wasted more of your time analysing insurance claims and have a percentage factor for the amount of crashes an xr3i with a turbo engine cause compared to say,drunk drivers,car theft,hit and runs,car park bumps,windscreen repairs etc.somebody has to pay gavin from autoglass as im pretty sure the insurance companys dont just do it for free.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
samsamz
BANNED
BANNED

my insurance is throught the roof but it what ur prepared to pay i dont blame people for not informin the dvla atleast some insureance is better than none?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From this :

To this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryHrca3-tI

Not the best sleeper but on the road it would totally destroy a 440hp R33 GTR that the guy I who I built it with owned.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
FredElliot

"some insurance" does not exist. If the vehicle modifications have not been declared and the vehicle is effectively not road legal (including the dvla declaration) then no. The insurance wont be worth the paper its written on.

Im very sorry that my attitude towards cars being legal on the roads, and yes that includes the wholly uninsured too, makes me a "boring cunt".

If you are happy that people are driving round in vehicles which may be very professionally modified and perfectly safe, yet totally uninsured, then I assure you there is only one "cunt" in this thread.

Lets just hope nobody gets hurt or injured by one of these cars eh, as Im sure the insurance company and the police will share your view and let them off/pay out becuase its just "saving a few quid on the tax innit"?

Ill leave the thread now as my contributions are clearly off topic and not related to the discussion of sleepers what so ever.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
QplateRST!
1/4 mile beasty!!!!

"some insurance" does not exist. If the vehicle modifications have not been declared and the vehicle is effectively not road legal (including the dvla declaration) then no. The insurance wont be worth the paper its written on.

Im very sorry that my attitude towards cars being legal on the roads, and yes that includes the wholly uninsured too, makes me a "boring cunt".

If you are happy that people are driving round in vehicles which may be very professionally modified and perfectly safe, yet totally uninsured, then I assure you there is only one "cunt" in this thread.

Lets just hope nobody gets hurt or injured by one of these cars eh, as Im sure the insurance company and the police will share your view and let them off/pay out becuase its just "saving a few quid on the tax innit"?

Ill leave the thread now as my contributions are clearly off topic and not related to the discussion of sleepers what so ever.

Yawn!

Quick Reply: sleepers